“Hard to beat the Alamo!!!”

Alamo Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #12 of 200 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are back! After our 10 months of rebuilding after the fire, we are serving delicious hand-cut aged and seasoned steaks, cooked over an open oak fire again! Also,chicken, chops and more. Full Kids MEnu and Full Lunch Menu as well. TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Winner Year after Year!
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a quiet, romantic dinner at the Alamo Steakhouse this past weekend. I made up my mind to try something new; something not Steak related this time. I was not disappointed! The bacon wrapped shrimp were fantastic! A little messy, but very good! And not to worry, because they bring moist naps out for your fingers. The spinach salad was excellent too; something else a little different and new to try on this trip. Our waitress was great, always asking if we needed anything. There is also a very sweet lady walking around selling roses that, I'm told, she grows herself. Beautiful roses, only $5 a piece. Do yourself a favor and check this place out the next time you're in Gatlinburg.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,304)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Okay I have a friend who bragged about this restaurant. Low and be hold we made it there at the end of March. What a rainy afternoon. The place was packed but moved quickly. The lady that took care of us was excellent, lot's of details. Careful with the bread so good you call fill on it. We both had Ribeyes, made to PERFECTION, the sides good I wish I had had my friends mashed potatoes with the skins.
How about this review their bathroom!!! exceptionally clean and they have that nice coconut scrub to rub on your hands. So a little spa treatment as well. Thanks for a great evening.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had heard about the Alamo from friends and we were not disappointed. This was by far the best meal we had while in Gatlinburg this weekend. We both throughly enoyed our meal. The food was excellent, service was great and the price was just fine with us. We don't mind paying for good food and good service. We were there for a late lunch and it was rather quiet and comfortable. We will most definately be back to the Alamo again!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We began by wine and saying we wanted to enjoy the wine a while before placing our order. The waitress returned about every three minutes to see if we were ready. I told her we were fine and we would find her when we were ready to order...I foolishly thought she would figure out that we wanted her not to bother us so frequently. She was back on schedule and again I tried to win some peace and quiet by saying, "Okay, we'll give you our order; but don't submit it for ten minutes." She returned in about five minutes to find our if she could submit the order. When the food came, my wife's shrimp scampi was positively the worst meal I've seen in a restaurant.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I have been here before the food this time was a lot better. My wife and I ordered steak and it was perfect. Waiter was very good. Only complaint was they sat us at what you would describe a folding table. Restaurant wasn't very busy at the time. Other than that a great experience.