“37 year Carr's customer”

Carr's Northside Cottages & Motel
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family and I have been going to Carr's since 1977. Seems as if each stay gets better and better. The last 7 years I make at least 2 - 3 trips to Carr's.
The owners and staff are the best bunch I and my family has ever delt with in the Motel / Hotel
industry. Last year my Mother's family from across the country choose Carr's for a reunion in which the owners and staff went out of their way to help with.
We have always found the accomadations clean and the grounds well kept.
Will be traveling back in August for my second trip of the year and totally looking forward to it.
Carr's - Keep up the GREAT! work.

Room Tip: Carr's has any kind of room you can think of. Just ask the desk staff when you call to reserve...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Todd T

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here twice, once in Spring 2012 and again last week. I rented an apartment creek side the first time and a cottage the second. My first experience was great! I was pleased with the amount of space and I was ok that it was old. This time I was not as happy. Our first night we discovered voracious ants in the kitchen! We called down to the office and were told someone would come in the morning to spray since we didn't want our daughter in there let alone the rest of us. The next night we came back to dead ant bodies all over the counter and window sill in the kitchen. Ok, gross. One of the chairs was also broken and they said they would fix it. Ok that was done fine. The following night we came home to water all over the kitchen floor and into the living room. Not cool at all. Then I started noticing that the toilet seats were really worn and it's like $10-20 to replace one? So it seems like whoever owns it now is not that interested in proper maintenence? A few small things would perk it up. We talked to the manager who said she would talk to the owner about at least a night refund since two nights were very inconvenient. When we went to check out the owner was standing right there and never once looked at us, spoke to us or apologized. That is what finally pissed me off. I can let a lot go with some sincere empathy but her behavior was so disappointing in an area that prides itself on friendliness. I went there not because it was the cheapest but because I am a loyal customer until you act like you don't want my business! Next time we will go anywhere else because of all these things. Then we get home to find out they double charged us! Let's see how they handle that! I am hopeful that the owner will reach out, solve the problem and apologize for the inconvenience.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Lulu8098
AmyatCarrs, Manager at Carr's Northside Cottages & Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Of course, we care about our customers and their comfort during their stay. The problems that were reported during the stay were promptly attended to with care, consideration and apologies. Regarding the double charge to the credit card, there was a charge for the accommodations and a separate charge of a different amount for Dollywood tickets that the guest purchased during their stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Other places had rooms, however, this had the king we wanted, on the CREEK, and the prices were spot on!!! If you want room service, it's there, but we don't do too much to the room, so we just exchanged towels, and left it at that. We just really needed to get away and not be tethered by other meands, phone or otherwise. It wasn't the ideal with all the bells and whistles, BUT, we had everything we needed and more. The room was very clean. Well appointed and comfortable.

Room Tip: no restaurant, but close to walk everywhere!! All kinds of rooms. Best pricing!! We loved this pl...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joan A
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I waited until the last minute to decide to go to Gatlinburg for the Memorial Day weekend. Unable to get a "reasonable" on-line reservation through the various travel/hotel websites, I thought about Carr's. My family vacationed there many times when I was a child (more than 50 years ago!). Very much to my surprise, I was able to get a room at Carr's for a reasonable rate. I had an enjoyable room with a balcony that overlooked the creek. The room was large with two queen beds and was very clean.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Absolutely loved our cabin! We had a jacuzzi in the room that was amazing! Great value and great staff! Definitely would return! Just outside of downtown but close enough to walk to downtown and avoid all those parking fees. Perfect!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2014

An interesting combination of various architectures.
Our room had a kitchen. It has seen some years; but was clean and well provisioned.

The staff was friendly and very helpful.
We enjoyed the hot tub each evening.

Far enough out of Gatlinburg to be away from the crowds, but easy to get into town and to the Great Smokeis National Park.

Good value. We would return for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My family stayed here for 2 nights very nice clean place to stay. Not real fancy but rooms were clean and it was on the river.It is less than half the price of other hotels in Gatlinburg so if your looking to save some money this is your best choice . It's only a mile out of town so you could walk to town in just a few minutes. Great place will stay again next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family