Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Go for a fabulous rustic lodge experience”

The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
Ranked #1 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
fort lee , new jersey
“Go for a fabulous rustic lodge experience”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I spotted this lodge online while searching for accommodations around Smoky Mountain National Park. Decorated as a great camp of the Adirondacks in upstate New York it reminds one of The Lake Placid Lodge or The Point. Congrats to Buddy & the two other owners! Our room was constant in the theme with a great view of the Smokies. The restaurant was excellent. Few steakhouses offer the quality of the tenderloin they offer. Breakfast or dinner on the deck offers a great view with a gracious staff. Only drawback was the fireplace smell in the room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
BBL37738, Manager at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Thank you for selecting The Lodge at Buckberry Creek for your recent stay in the Smokies! We are always pleased to hear of guests enjoying our property as much as we do.
Just a note for everyone, the fireplaces on the top floors are all real wood burning fireplaces, as opposed to gas on the other floors - and unlike other hotels and cabins in the area, we allow our guests to use the fireplaces all year round. Which is why these guests might have smelled a slight lingering odor of wood smoke in their room - from the last guests' use of the fireplace. If these is an unpleasant odor for you, please request a lower level room. We want your stay to be as perfect as possible.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I went in April with a friend. The room is decorated in full wilderness theme with log beds, etc. we had a fireplace, small kitchen and great balcony with a view that was amazing. We ate breakfast there on the outdoor area. The food was great, well priced and again amazing views. They have a sitting area by the creek and they light a fire in the fireplace and fire pits every night. There are blankets if its cold, seating for about 20 and a bathroom which is great because it is a mile walk uphill back to the resort. But if that is too much, which it was for us one night after a 13 mile hike earlier in the day, you just call the resort and they will drive down and pick you up. They have a great bar area with comfortable couches, tables and views for a happy hour. The only reason I didn't give it a fifth star was our room was a little warm and it was only April. We called and said our air wasn't working and they sent someone to fix it, but when we returned from our hike it was still a balmy 80* in the room. We had to sleep with the deck door open. So I would never go there in the heat of the summer. We didn't ask to be moved, so maybe other rooms are ok. The location is only 5 minutes from all the stuff in Gatlinburg, however it is so remote looking, you think you are all alone in the Smokies. The staff was pleasant and helpful. I would definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pamela P
BBL37738, Manager at The Lodge at Buckberry Creek, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
We encourage all our guests to let us know immediately whenever there is a problem, and give us the opportunity to fix it for you. We certainly would have moved you to another suite when the repair did not effect the desired result! All our guest room rooms have modern heat/air for the comfort of our guests, which are all generally in top working order. We are sorry to hear that this one issue, that could have been fixed, marred your vacation time with us. Please do come back, we would like to make sure you have the best holiday in the Smokies!
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

I almost don't want to tell anyone. We LOVED this lodge. The room and balony was prefect. We eat at the lodge twice because it was sooo good. I recommend taking a bottle of wine to the pavilion by the creek in the afternoon. We had it all to ourselves. We hope to come back with more family. My thirteen year old son had a great time. We highly recommend this as a must stay, must experience.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Pacwicz
Liberty Township, Ohio
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Found this place on tripadvisor and we loved it!. Stayed for three nights at the end of July, very clean, plenty of space, quiet and so relaxing. View from our room was breathtaking! Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Had hot breakfast twice and food was delicious! We definitely will be back!

Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I would like to say that i am judicious with whom i give 5 stars to, but this one easily earned it from me! Went for a weekend trip to Gatlinburg with my two teenagers, a friend and her son. My friend and I agreed that for us, the Buckberry Lodge was the best part of our trip! My expectations were exceeded, all around. I hope to stay here, again. My friend and I both agreed that it would be a great romantic getaway spot if we had someone to be romantic with! I was very impressed with the cleanliness of our suite. Both days, Breakfast was the only meal we ate at the restaurant. One morning we ordered from the menu and we were served generous portions of delicious food. The other morning we just had the continental b'fast. The pastries were so good! I expected them to taste like they'd come from a freezer, but they tasted like they'd been delivered from a bakery that morning. The beds were very comfortable. My 15 year old son slept on the sofa bed and he commented that it slept better than he thought it would've. The bathroom and kitchen were nice. We enjoyed having a balcony. I liked sitting out there before my kids woke up, enjoying the cool mountain air.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CKLinder
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Buckberry Creek consists of five buildings around the main lodge. The main lodge has the reception room and restaurants. The buildings are three stories high and the second and third story units have the best balcony views. We had a unit in building 5 on the second floor. The unit was spacious with a king bed and a queen sofa. I found the bed to be very comfortable and my only gripe would be that the bathroom had only one sink and we were four. The bathroom, though, is huge with both a shower and a big tub.
The Lodge provides an included breakfast of coffee, juice, fresh pastries, fruit and cereal. The fresh pastries were delicious. Breakfast is served at 8 am so if you are an early morning hiker you are stuck with plain coffee and cereal, no pastries. There is also an optional breakfast menu of hot foods which is very good and reasonably priced.
The Lodge has the best restaurant in Gatlingburg. Gatlingburg is a culinary wasteland and God help you if you are vegetarian (I'm not). I was disappointed that although the Lodge claims to change their menu daily the menu only changed significantly once in the five days I was there (they have 5 items on the menu, they would add one item, remove the same item, add another item, remove it again, but the 5 same items stayed on all the time). I wish they would have changed the menu significantly so that I could eat there everyday since, though expensive, it is much better than anything in town.

Room Tip: Second and third floors offer the best views