My wife, two daughters (8 and 6) and I had an excellent stay at The Lodge. It "made" our trip to the Smokies and was a first rate hotel.
From the start, the staff was welcoming and friendly. We had a couple of items that we wanted addressed upon arriving at the room and the staff immediately (and with a service-oriented attitude) satisfied our requests.
The room (Gallery Suite) had an elegant lodge decor, including a gas fireplace, and was spacious with a nice-sized living area and well-equipped kitchen (with complimentary beverages and water). The bathroom was also spacious with a large shower, jacuzzi tub and double sink vanity.
The mountain views from both the bedroom and living room, as well as from the over-sized balcony, were amazing. The Lodge also had a nice walking trail (although we never finished it or visited the pavilion area, since we crammed too much in too few days). The downside to the view is that you have to take a short (less than one mile) winding road to reach The Lodge.
We had dinner at The Lodge's restaurant our first night. The meal was very good and the restaurant had a nice ambiance -- but was on the expensive side. The complimentary continental breakfast was a nice way to start one's day.
As to location, it is excellent. It really feels as if one is in a private home/condo on the mountain, yet only a a short drive to downtown Gatlinburg and to the national park (based on the signage nearby, it appeared The Lodge was actually within the boundaries of the Park).
Overall, our stay was excellent and we highly recommend The Lodge. When traveling, we generally opt to stay at 4-star hotels (or better) and The Lodge was very comparable to such other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Buckberry Creek has brought the elegance of the “Great Camps” of the Adirondacks to the pristine beauty of the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Designed to reflect the retreats created in the Adirondack Mountains over 100 years ago by some of the East Coast’s wealthiest families, Buckberry Lodge pampers guests with the true natural grandeur of the Adirondack architectural style. Nestled away high above Gatlinburg, Tennessee, The Woods building offers 14 luxury-suite rooms from 600 square feet to 750 square feet. Rooms feature fireplaces, private balconies, bathrooms with separate showers and Jacuzzi tubs. The majority of our suites have a King bed but we do have a few rooms with 2 Double beds. Rest, recharge, and relax within your suite or enjoy the area attractions of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our property is less than 2 miles from the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and all the beauty it holds. We are also less than 2 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg. There is a firepit which overlooks Mt. LeConte – a great spot to unwind & relax. Although we have experienced a great loss since the November 28th fire, we are very fortunate to have The Woods building to share with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to The Lodge at Buckberry Creek for your Smoky Mountain lodging destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek