The Lodge is beautiful and it seems like you are away from it all except you are only about a 10 minute trip to downtown Gatlinburg. We had a room in building 5. It was very spacious even with 2 kids. There was a nice small kitchen that we never used except for keeping our drinks cold. The bathroom was great! Nice large jetted tub, 2 sinks and a large shower. The bed was a little soft for our liking and the kids were comfortable on the pullout sofa. There was a nice gas fireplace and the views from our balcony were gorgeous.
There is a really nice 1/2 mile hike to a creek which is awesome! Best part of our stay here. There is an area where you can relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings. There is a phone there where you can call to get transportation back up to your building, very nice.
Now for the negative- Towels. We never had enough of them! With 3 girls showering once or twice daily they should at least give a family of 4 - 4 towels. I had to call almost everyday for towels and wash clothes.
They left cookies on your bed daily ... Very nice except there were only 2 cookies for a family of 4.
Our first night there a tree fell on some power lines and we had no power from about 4am until 1 pm the next day. No apologies were made- that didn't seem right to me.
This place would be very nice for a couple - I think if you are with kids you would want to stay on the main strip in Gatlinburg, parking is very difficult in town so being able to walk everywhere would be nice. Also this place has no swimming pool!!!! The kids hated that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lodge at Buckberry Creek has brought the elegance of the “Great Camps” of the Adirondacks to the pristine beauty of the Smoky Mountains of East Tennessee. Designed to reflect the retreats created in the Adirondack Mountains over 100 years ago by some of the East Coast’s wealthiest families, Buckberry Lodge pampers guests with the true natural grandeur of the Adirondack architectural style. Nestled away high above Gatlinburg, Tennessee, The Woods building offers 14 luxury-suite rooms from 600 square feet to 750 square feet. Rooms feature fireplaces, private balconies, bathrooms with separate showers and Jacuzzi tubs. The majority of our suites have a King bed but we do have a few rooms with 2 Double beds. Rest, recharge, and relax within your suite or enjoy the area attractions of Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains. Our property is less than 2 miles from the entrance of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and all the beauty it holds. We are also less than 2 miles from Downtown Gatlinburg. There is a firepit which overlooks Mt. LeConte – a great spot to unwind & relax. Although we have experienced a great loss since the November 28th fire, we are very fortunate to have The Woods building to share with our guests. We look forward to welcoming you to The Lodge at Buckberry Creek for your Smoky Mountain lodging destination! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek