The Lodge at Buckberry Creek
  • Pool
Chalet Inn(Gatlinburg)
Old Creek Lodge(Gatlinburg)
1,145 results
All reviewsgallery suitethe smoky mountainshiking trailoverlooking the mountainsfire pitfull kitchencontinental breakfasttop floorsmall kitchenbeautiful propertyrocking chairsliving areashort drivegatlinburg areajacuzzi tubthird floorpigeon forge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2009

My fiancee and I stayed here on a weekend getaway vacation for one night. The rooms were definitely worth spending a few extra bucks, and the pavillion looks like a fun place for a larger group (6 or more).
The Buckberry will charge the cost of your room to your credit card in advance, and does not allow cancellations within 72 hours. However, when it came to honoring THEIR end of the contract, they fell a bit short. Check-in is at 4:00pm (an hour later than most hotels). When we arrived shortly after 5:00pm, the room was not ready, and they explained it was because a lot of people checked out that day, and they were still catching up. They offered us a beer while we waited on the balcony of the lodge, and the room was still not ready by 5:30pm. When we finally got to get into our room, I mentioned we were a little disappointed, as we had intended on being able to relax (after a long day in the Smoky Mtns) before dinner. All they could do at that point was shrug and apologize.
They DID, however, decide later that they would offer us a complimentary breakfast the following morning, and we took them up on the offer. When we went to check out, they then charged us for the two beers we drank prior to check-in -- something we would not have asked for (as we brought our own), had we been able to get into our room on time.
The staff was friendly, but seemed to have little concern for inconveniencing us.
The next day, we stayed at the Hampton Inn, in Gatlinburg, where we had a room with a balcony overlooking the creek and an in-room fireplace. They have a heated pool and jacuzzi (something not at the Buckberry yet), and the hotel staff was EXTREMELY generous and friendly. The cost of that room was $109, and I felt more welcome there than we did at the Buckberry.
I'd still recommend the Buckberry, because if it hadn't been for the initial hassle, everything would have been perfect.
One last thing -- All rooms FACE the mountains. But they don't all have a "mountain view". Ours faced the woods, and it was difficult to see the mountains through the trees.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MNBadger74
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I didn't know what to expect from this place. I wanted to find a nice place to propose to my girlfriend. We already been to Asheville, Savannah, and Charleston. So I wanted to find a nice secluded and romantic place. I did my research and discover The Lodge at Buckberry Creek. This place had excellent reviews and the photos were also nice. I called before I arrived and ask the front desk to put some rose pedals and chocolate strawberries in the refridgerator. When we got into our room and we were amazed. They put rose pedals on the bed. The place was very clean. When we sat on the balcony and you can oversee the mountains. The view was out of this world. The place had a fireplace, jacuzzi, and separate shower. Another great amenity was the pavilion. They have a limo truck that will take you down to the pavilion. It has a fireplace,tv, complimentary drinks,and you can take a nature walk and enjoy the scenery. The limo truck will take you anytime you want up until 8pm. The Lodge also has a nice resturant so you don't have to fight the busy traffic in gatlinburg. I highly recommend this place. It's worth the extra money. Me and my fiancee loved it. And she did say yes.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank redskinsfan75
Reviewed 13 March 2009

This was the 1st vacation my Husband and I had taken in a very long time so we were looking for something special. Well we found it here, the room was beautiful, the view amazing, we had one of the suites with a wood burning fireplace which we loved. The folks that worked there were absolutely wonderful, kind, helpful. We ate at the Lodge twice food terrific. We actually were coming up the hill one evening and 4 bear were crossing the road, a Mom and her 3 cubs, right in front of the car, it was great!!!! Looking forward to going back in warmer weather so we can do some hiking and see more of the wonderful Smokey Mountains. We thank the owners and their staff for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aizelleed
Reviewed 25 February 2009

Last minute anniversary decision. Excellent choice with BUCKBERRY. Better than hot springs, Asheville, or Nashville for a weekend getaway. LODGE suite was clean and perfect in every way. The king size bed was very comfortable, jacuzzi tub in the bathroom is oversized just like the tiled shower, another plus. Truly relaxing, and has fabulous food. Helen was amazing and loves her job. We can't wait to go back in March when we can fish, hike and enjoy the outdoor firepit on the premises.

Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TNGirl2009
Reviewed 28 December 2008

We just spent two nights in a lodge suite for a romantic weekend without the kids. Although it is quite expensive, we felt that the Buckberry was worth it. Their attention to detail is superb. From the details in the lodge and the suites to the cookies left on your pillow. The view was beautiful. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a romantic getaway. Although there were two couples with children there when we were, I would not take my children there. We did not eat in the dining room, so I cannot comment on the food, although it did smell great. They are planning on adding a pool within the next two years. The ONLY complaint we had is the noise from the room upstairs. There does not appear to much if any insulation between floors. I had requested a third floor room so that we could have a wood burning fireplace, but we did not get it, which worked out fine since the weather was unseasonably warm.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple