We have just returned from this hotel, went as a family with two children aged 3 and 5. Stayed in a gallery suite which was plenty big- the children sharing a good quality sofa bed in the separate lounge. Rooms were really charming, nicely decorated with the touches you would expect like Molton Brown in the bathrooms, lovely fluffy bathrobes etc.
The staff were very friendly and the children made to feel very welcome. The setting is stunning. Gatlingburg is well... different- very much like a an old fashioned British seaside town (minus the biting cold wind!)- all fudge shops and tacky amusements but harmless enough. Nevertheless, once you realise that the road to your hotel is taking you up and up above the town you'll be very relieved!
The walk down to the hotel's pavilion was lovely and we even saw a bear- thankfully he changed direction when he saw us- and the children played for ages in the little creek. The lift up in the army truck was a great service.
I think the time share expansion plan will change things rather a lot- go now while its still perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to wildfire. No re-open date yet. Visiting our rustically elegant lodge is like stepping back in time, yet with all the modern amenities. Pristine Smoky Mountain views are the focal point of most our 44 luxurious individually appointed suites. Each suite offers a fireplace, balcony, cable TV and DVD, queen sleeper sofa, full kitchen, and large bathroom with a whirlpool soaking tub. While staying at our mountain retreat you could easily spend your days enjoying our walking trails, napping in the hammock by Buckberry Creek and enjoying the delicious fare of our restaurant - and never need venture beyond our driveway. And if you are looking to explore our incredible natural surroundings - hiking, fishing, skiing, fine arts and crafts and scenic drives are just minutes away. We'll even pack you a lunch...If you are staying with us on business or just want to let others know about our Great Camp of the Smokies, we provide free WiFi throughout the lodge. The Lodge at Buckberry Creek offers an unrivaled experience in the Smokies! Winter. Spring. Summer. Fall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Lodge at Buckberry Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Buckberry Creek Hotel Gatlinburg
- Hotel At Buckberry Creek
- At Buckberry Creek Gatlinburg
- Lodge Buckberry Creek