“Great Place.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This place is always great when I stay. Friendly staff and great location just about a block off the parkway behind Ripley's oddatorium. Walking distance to almost everything. Front desk checked on me about an hour into my stay to make sure the room was OK.

Room Tip: I enjoy the suites here. The secondary building seems to be in better shape with parking underneath...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank bjcliq
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for all your kind words and taking the time to write this review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our number one goal is to make sure each of our guest have an enjoyable and relaxing stay. We are looking forward to your return visit so we can give you the same great service.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We needed a clean place to sleep between hikes, conveniently located to restaurants on the main drag in Gatlinburg. This place provided all that. If you are looking to spend much time in your room, I would look elsewhere. Also, the breakfast is pretty miserable. I would just skip that. But the price is hard to beat for this location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this response. Our number one goal is the satisfaction of our guest. I am pleased that you found your room clean and accommodating for your needs. The rates we charge are some of the most reasonable in Gatlinburg for the quality of what you get. We are constantly making improvements to our property due to responses like yours. I hope you will give us another try the next time you are in the Smoky Mountains. Once again, thank you for your business.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I spent weeks and weeks looking for the best hotel, high rated ones at an affordable price range. Originally Econo Lodge was not one of the options as it was a little more expensive than my tight budget would allow, but I was able to get a GREAT deal booking a few weeks in advanced. Saved About $40. So glad that I booked here. It was literally a minute walk to get to the main strip, but on a quiet street where you were not disturbed by any noise. It was a smaller hotel, but looked very cute from the front with the pool and surrounding foliage, and rockers outside of each room. During our 4 night stay we did not get housekeeping to clean the room so I cannot comment on that, but I will say that this was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever stayed in, no complaints at all. All 3 of the front desk workers I met were all very kind, one gentleman evening letting me check in an hour or two early when arriving before check in. The continental breakfast was also better than most I have experienced. I'm used to the typical juice, coffee, mini muffins and donuts and that's about it. Here they had juices,coffee, milk, two cereal choices, oatmeal, toast, krispy kreme donuts and a waffle maker, which I used every morning. It was great. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Sarah F
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

We are very pleased that you choose us for your lodging. By booking in advance through Choice Hotels you saved about 20%. This is a good bit of money especially on an extended stay such as yours. We work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay during their vacation. I have shared your review with everyone here. It gives us great pleasure to learn that you had a great stay! Thank you for all the kind words and hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We booked last-minute, received a friendly welcome and were pleasantly surprised by the town and the view. Everything you need in walking distance, good parking. Breakfast area is small, but this is great value for money.

• Stayed: September 2013
14  Thank Becky H
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

We do appreciate all your kind words. Our team works very hard each day to make sure each and every guest have a pleasant stay. It makes our day to read wonderful reviews such as yours. It is guest such as yourselves that makes it a pleasure to work the hospitality industry. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write this review. We are looking forward to a return visit from you!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

After getting there we realized the room was not like what we expected. The balacony overlooks buildings and powerlines and is if the neighbors are smoking it comes right in your room even if the door is shut. Also the road stays very busy 24/7... constantly hearing sirens from the fire station down the street. The elevator broke during the first night so we used the stairs during our whole trip. The continental breakfast was stale too.

2  Thank Katie A
Pamela g, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this response. Our guest views are very important to help us make changes and improvements were they are needed. I do apologize for the elevator having a mechanical problem. The elevator company did come out within 30 minutes after they were notified. The volume of traffic was much heavier during your stay due to the shades of the past car show in Pigeon Forge. We do appreciate your business and hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Perfect location.Very short walk to Club 812, Bubba Gumps & Loco Burro. Felt very welcome with our furbaby. Overall the rooms were clean and you could tell the bathroom was made for furbabies and had been cleaned extra well between guests. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2013
15  Thank Carolyn W

I have shared your review with the staff and it makes us happy to know that we made your stay so enjoyable. Of course, we can't take credit for the location but everything else we can. We hope that you and your family will return soon to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for Labor Day weekend, and for the price, it was a great. They've done some renovations and are still working on updating the rooms, we were pleased with the condition of the rooms. The staff was very nice and welcoming. This hotel is very close to the strip, and has free guest parking. We will definitely stay here again!

10  Thank Nesheaven

Thanks for this great review! We are so glad that you decide to stay with us during the Labor Day Holiday. This is one of our busy times and I am pleased to know that your needs were taken good care of. Our staff's number one goal is to make each guest's stay enjoyable and comfortable. We are constantly making new changes in our property in order to do this. I am looking forward to your return visit.