“Weekend trip to Gatlinburg”
Review of Gillette Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Gillette Motel
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This was our second trip to Gatlinburg in the last three weeks. We stayed at the Hampton last time and I decided to go back to Gillette becuase it is so much less expensive ($79 vs $149). The Gillette is a family owned property and what you get is a large room that although dated somewhat is neat and extremely clean and the employees are very friendly. We have stayed here numerous times and always enjoy our stay. It is about a block off the main street so if you like a little more peace and quite this is perfect. They have upgraded to flat screen TV's and also have microwaves and mini-fridges in each room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charles c

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Arrived on the 18th of July 2013 at around 6 p.m. We did not make any reservations anywhere. Was just winging it to find a room when we arrived. After several failed attempts found this motel with a sign, walk ins welcome. Asked for a single queen room for two. They did not have one available at that current time but would accommodate us with a double room on bottom floor and switch us to a single queen the next morning and for the rest of our stay. Prices was outstanding only cost us $239.04 for the three night stay. The staff their was very friendly and ready to go above and beyond there regular duties to make sure we were comfortable. The rooms were very clean and could tell they had been updated or being updated. The carpet, shower, towels, bedding, mirrors, and all was clean. You can tell that it is an older hotel kind of 70's stylish but it didn't bother us. You can't see the river when your sleeping anyways and most days are spent shopping Gatlinburg which gives you more money to enjoy your stay. OH almost forgot it is still American owned and operated. Will be staying here

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mshepp26
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We love the location and great staff!! Very clean and well maintained,beautiful flowers and nice pool area!! Locally owned,very clean rooms and right in Gatlinburg!! Can't ask for more!!! Definitly a great place to stay!! :)

Room Tip: Great location and within walking distance to local attractions and restaurants. Best place to stay...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank daddysgirl1734
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We stopped in at this place without reservations on a Friday evening and were given choices of a Queen, king, or 2 double beds. We opted dfor the queen due to lowest price of $65 not expecting much. The room was incredibly clean and the location was perfect fit waffling to all the local attractions. There is a small road to the back of the hotel and I heard motorcycles drive by, but it was quiet by 11.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank jmaskew
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed here and we're very happy we did. We checked in late at night and the desk clerk was really nice. He accommodated me by taking me to see the room we would be in prior to me paying for it. I asked him to show me first since I had just come from another hotel and the experience was awful. He was very understanding and really pleasant. The room was very big, , smelled good, immaculate, and in my opinion it was a great value. The location of this hotel is great since it's within walking distance to everything downtown in Gatlinburg. We stayed 2 nights and I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed if you stay here. Very clean!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Surginurse
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We have frequently stayed at the Gillette with no problems. We have always enjoyed the reasonable price, cleanliness and location. During a recent visit we were VERY disappointed in the service we received. We, like another traveler who previously posted, had no hot water in our room. When we called the front desk they asked that we run the water for a while to see if it would warm up. We ran the water for 20-30 minutes with no improvement. The man working the front desk came up to our room and checked it himself. He agreed that there was no hot water and helped us move our things to another room ( outside in the cold/snow ) and told us to check with the desk when we checked out about getting a refund for our troubles. When I checked with the front desk the following morning the clerk was extremely rude and stated there was nothing wrong with the hot water heater and I could call and talk to the manager. When I called the manager I received similiar treatment,interrupting me, telling me to call back some other time, and implying that I was lying even though her own employee had checked the water temp. She also stated we must have ran all of the hot water out. We had not even been in the room for more than a few minutes and its a hotel, aren't they supossed to be able to supply water for lots of people? We did finally receive a small compensation but I get the feeling it was more to get rid of me than to apologize or compensate us for our troubles. I was very disappointed in the service. We have stayed at this hotel becasue it seemed to have a general concern for their customers but the facility and staff seem to be on the decline, we will not return.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kcsizemore
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Have stayed at this particular motel for at least 20 years, and at least once a year, sometimes more! The staff is excellent, the rooms are excellent, and the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in. White bedspreads tells you something! Great location,great view,great parking and Pool! Within walking distance of food, entertainment, and fun. I cannot wait to get back, I could just sit on the porch and watch the world go by, it is so beautiful and peaceful!

Room Tip: I like the rooms with windows facing the pool and parking lot, they are all great though! The famil...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family