“Amazing Anniversary Getaway” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River

and 1 more site!
Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River
Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Greenwood, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

It is just an average hotel. There is nothing fancy about any of it. We called the front desk b/c there was no remote in our room. He stated he would look for one and bring one up to us. After waiting over an hour we went down to the front desk to find a note on the door stated they were closed and the door to the lobby was locked. The breakfast was not good at all. There was not any creamer for the coffee either. The “hot tub” outside was cold. I understand the main pool is not in season for use but it was a yucky green color and very unsanitary looking. The bed was ok however the carpet was musky and very dirty. I did leave the do not disturb up on the door every day and in the evenings when we would return there would be a bag of linens on our door. That was the best part. Also, the parking was below the rooms and the first morning when I went out to get in my car somone had spit on the side of my passenger door. I will not stay here again!

Room Tip: The river was a nice view but I am sure other hotels offer a river view too.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tiffany H
MEMPHIS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

Our room was obviously one of the recently updated rooms. It had brand new tile floor in the bathroom, brand new wood floors in the main room, a flat screen tv, nice fridge and microwave, and a gorgeous balcony right above the river. The bed was a glorious king size that my husband and I melted into and the room was extremely clean from top to bottom. The sounds of the river made it hard to even leave to enjoy Gatlinburg. Housecleaning did an excellent job every morning and the front desk staff was SO friendly. The breakfast was simple but we weren't planning on eating breakfast there anyway as the Pancake Pantry is right around the corner. My husband and I come here every year on our anniversary and will definitely stay here everytime. The people who complained may not have gotten a newly updated room, so why not just ask to be moved? I love this hotel and so does my other family members who have stayed here solely on our recommendation.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
MASARYKTOWN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our vacation to Gatlinburg TN and it was picture perfect. We had a room on the river and spent each morning on the balcony. The staff was awesome and very accommodating. The continental breakfast was very awesome. We arrived n Christmas and the front desk gave us the local restaraunts that were open.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple