“Satisfied Overall”

Ranked #40 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
NC
“Satisfied Overall”
Reviewed 24 June 2009

After checking out three days early from the Quality Inn Creekside (see my review there), we were able to get a room here and at a reasonable cost comparable to where we had just left. The staff were all helpful and friendly on the phone and in person. The room was basically clean and stocked with the usual amenities each day. Beds were comfortable. Room was nice sized with a back-door balcony with comfortable chairs overlooking the creek. The free breakfast was spare but adequate. No fresh fruit though. Just dry goods- bagels, cereal, oatmeal. Nice size, quiet in-room refrigerator plus microwave. The air conditioner wasn't working properly and that was the only problem with our stay. It is a long walk to the main part of the town but that is not a problem for us.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2009

After looking at reviews and rates all over the internet for months, we decided on the Days in on the River (there are two Days Inns in Gatlinburg). It's on the first edge of Gatlinburg but still an easy 15 minute walk to the center. The room had a great view of the river, comfy beds, was clean, staff was friendly and the breakfast was fine, though simple (bagels, donuts, oatmeal, cereal, juice, coffee). It also was very quiet. There were a lot of people staying there, and our room even had a door to the ones next door, but we never heard a peep from other rooms and slept great with the sound of the river outside. We had a great experience and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 17 May 2009

The room was disgusting - there were holes in the carpet, wallpaper was ripped off, bugs in the shower. Paid extra for WIFI and couldnt get a connection to save my life. We did not end up staying there, we were there maybe 30 minutes before we drove up the road to Park Vista which cost 4 dollars more than Days Inn and was 110% better. Called to complain to the manager multiple times and still have yet to speak to her. I WANT MY MONEY BACK! Do NOT stay here. I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

tennessee
Reviewed 25 March 2009

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel for years. Since it changed over to Days Inn, it has gone up in price and customer service (reservations) is not very friendly. The rooms are okay. Best thing is the view and the sound of the river while sleeping at night. Very calming. We like the location away from the street better, as less noise. Constant traffic! The staff is usually very helpful If you stay in the front part of the Inn, you have to walk to the otherside across the river to partake in the free continental breakfast, which isn't a short distance, so might as well walk to the pancake house a block down the street. The trolley does stop in front of hotel though so that is a plus for me.
I called recently to book a room for this summer and the woman I talked to was very rude. I guess she hadn't had her coffee yet. Anyway, I decided to call another hotel, like the Best Western Twin Island which is closer to the shops and has a river running through it. Or the Best Western Crossroads which is close to the Aquarium and Hard Rock Cafe. Their prices may be a little bit more but the lady I spoke with about a room was very nice. We also thought of staying in Townsend which is only a few miles from GAtlinburg. It is very quiet there and rooms are cheaper. We love Gatlinburg and plan to go back this Fall. But not sure if at Rocky Waters Days INN.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Woodstock, GA
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I was a little apprehensive after reading the drastically mixed reviews. I'm happy to say we had no problems during our stay. The standard room was pretty much like any other Days Inn. It was clean and basic. The small refrigerator and microwave were great for leftovers. We loved the balcony overlooking the river. The location at light #2 on the parkway was perfect, not too close to the noise, but close enough to walk anywhere you need to go. I'd rate the experience as slightly above average, taking into consideration the low price, river balcony, and location.

Stayed November 2008
Winter Haven, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Never Again! Badly stained carpet; pool empty and cruddy; Ants in room; Black mold around the tub; Bathroom floor stained; Mattress un suportive - old, sagging; one bed with no blanket... requested one, no response!; Pillows thin, cheap; walkway and steps filthy - never cleaned; elevator stunk along with entrance foyer. I brought 31 people to the Days Inn for a retreat... many of them had to be moved 2 and 3 times to find a room that was OK.

I do have a picture of the mold around the tub area and the empty swimming pool... but the Motel cleaned the main hall carpet after I asked "When was the last time you changed the oil in the carpet? before I got a picture. We were 'over-charged' and am still awaiting a response from the corporate headquarters.

• Liked — Absolutly Nothing!
  • Disliked — Run down... dirty... mold around tub... plumbing problems... stained carpet... Lot More!
  • Stayed August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
Reviewed 7 July 2008

It was July 4th weekend and my sister and I bit the bullet and chose this hotel because if was one of the few with a decent price and vacancy. We called the hotel directly and got a better deal than it was offered online and then another discount when we arrived for our AAA. The room was clean. Sheets were clean. The fridge came in handy and it was nice to sit on the little balcony and watch the creek. Its not 5 star but we felt safe and clean and that was very important to use. The breakfast was simple but good. We had cereal and bagels. The pool and whirlpool looked nice and some children seemed to be having fun out there. If simple, clean, and affordable is what you need. I definately reccomend this place.

• Liked — Clean, affordable, breakfast, pool, walking distance and trolly access to attractions
  • Disliked — does not allow pets
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family