“Another Horrible Days Inn”

Days Inn Gatlinburg on the River
Ranked #49 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 19 April 2010

While this hotel has had some recent work done on it, it is still bad. Must be another foreigner owned hotel. Days Inn is really going to the dogs--literally.
The room was pretty clean and newly painted.
There were no ammenities. Barely enough towels for us. When I went to the bathroom to take a bath, the fan came on with the light. When I looked up the cover of the fan was about to fall. I wondered if it would stay up until we could check out the next morning. Now whether the fan was about to fall because it had came loose or it had so much dirt on it that it was too heavy to stay up I couldn't tell.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2010

When we drove up to the hotel I'll admit that it looked older than the pictures. However, everything else more than made up for that. We found the staff to be kind, helpful, & polite. The room was spotless. No torn wallpaper, strange smells, dirty furniture, stains, or anything like that. The hardwood floor didn't even have dust in the corners,(yes, I check things like that), and under the cushions of the couch was even clean. The bed was soft and very comfortable. The pillows were fluffy and comfortable, not to mention that there were 6 of them on 1 king size bed. The room, including the bathroom, had great lighting. The air-conditioning, t.v, alarm clock, phone, coffee pot, microwave, ice machine, & hair dryer all worked perfectly. The free breakfast was good and included: 2 types of cereal, 2 types of juice, 2 types of milk, toast, pastries, biscuits, butter, jelly, cream cheese, a basket of fruit, & decaf/regular coffee. The types of cereal & pastries changed daily. The decor of the room actually looked better than it did in the photos and the view of the river was lovely and sounded very nice. The wi-fi also worked great and was very fast.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2010

When we arrived at the hotel the first thing I noticed was if you got a room with a fireplace they charge you a $25 per NIGHT cleaning fee if you use the fireplace. They already charge you more to have a room with a fireplace then a per night cleaning fee?? I have never heard of that. The hostess was completely unfriendly, gave no information about the fees, hotel policies, etc. Also no receipt was given or even offered. When I pulled up to my room I noticed there was a huge amount of weird colored paint all over the bottom half of the door. I was also sadly disappointed when I opened the door and saw the room has carpet when the online advertises hard wood in the king rooms. I know that is not a huge deal but that is honestly one of the things that made me chose this hotel. The view is not at all like advertised, on the balcony you see a run down old store, not to mention there was several groupings of cigarette butts everywhere on the hotel's property. The heater barely worked and the room smelled like a strange floral cleaner that was extremely overwhelming. The only thing I can saw was the price was nice, I paid 88.97 for two nights. I guess you truly get what you pay for. I am extremely disappointed in this hotel and will NEVER be coming back. I go to Gatlinburg twice a year but will not coming to this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2009

The hotel was clean, but it certainly was not new. The view, the pool, the lobby, the rooms, the bathrooms... none are as nice as the pictures would have you believe. The view from the balcony is of an old car repair shop across the street. It is at the end of what I would call the main shopping strip in Gatlinburg. We did walk to all the shops we wanted to visit, but it was not a short or easy walk. The balcony did not have nice furniture; rather old and rusty.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Clean, comfortable, overlooking the river, with a balcony. The downtown area was a five-ten minute walk away, but the trolley stop was very close if your feet were tired. The bathroom had a real exhaust fan and heat lamp. Unfortunately the heating unit didn't seem to work properly, and the staff didn't seem to be able to fix it; fortunately, the weather was such an extra blanket was all we needed. The river gurgling over the rapids just outside our window made up for any inconvenience. Watch carefully, it was a bit hard to find.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2009

This is our default motel when we go to Gatlinburg for a casual weekend. It's an older but nicely located property recently purchased by DaysInn. If you are used to the hit or miss of Days Inn, you'll be fine here. Sometimes it's cleaner than other times, but we've never had a problem we had to complain about. It's adequately stocked with the usual basic amenities, soap, shampoo, iron, hair dryer, etc. And it has free Wi-Fi which we really like.
The best thing about this place is that every room is creekfront, with a balcony and chairs. You can sit and listen to the creek and watch the world go by to your heart's content. It's got a fridge and microwave, basic cable channels, and some rooms even have wood burning fireplaces, with free firewood (In season only).
We like it here, it's not fancy, but it's usually pretty clean and comfortable, and within walking distance to downtown.
Go here if you're not fussy, but like to be right on the creek!

Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2009

dirty carpet, ants in bath room and the bath tub water was brown!! yuck stay away

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family