“If you like doughnuts you will love the Donut Friar”
Review of Donut Friar

Donut Friar
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$1 - US$6
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Let’s just say these are the best doughnuts you will ever eat – and one of the best frozen cappuccinos I’ve ever tasted. I’m glad this place is eight hours away or I would have a serious weight problem. Fluffy, moist, sweet, I don’t think you can make a better doughnut.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,113)

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I visit this area at least 2x's a year and make it a point to stop in here! These are the best donuts ever!! I love the fact that I can smell them from two blocks away!!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Reasonably priced, very good doughnuts and pastries, all house made. good regular coffee. We go every trip and at least get a bunch and take back to the hotel / cabin. Much better than any chain - Dunkin or Krispy Kreme.

1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Donut Friar is one of the many reasons why I love Gatlinburg! The vanilla frosted with coconut are out of this world!!

2  Thank Ron S
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My family visiting from South America and I went into this place and while we were waiting to order, we saw the owner yell at the young girl working behind the counter with him. I honestly felt bad for her. He finally acknowledged us and we ordered a coffee. The coffee wasn't even freshly brewed, it had been sitting there who knows for how long. My mom wanted her coffee hot and despite that he was ready to pour some cold milk over it. I told him we didn't want any cold milk so he proceeded to tell us that in "the U.S." coffee was served at a certain temperature and even gave us the McDonald's story about the lady who sued them. Like we cared and didn't know it but why mentioned "in the U.S. blah blah blah! He was extremely rude and racist to us. All we wanted was hot coffee. I visit the area often but this place won't ever get my business.

5  Thank GigiD1