“Return customer, great visit”
Review of Jack Huff's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jack Huff's
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Great place to stay in Gatlinburg-affordable, convenient to downtown and very friendly staff. Our second time staying here & will definitely stay again. Tip- call to book your room & ask for discounts : )

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank gatorfan_1981

Reviewed 2 March 2014

First time staying here and won't be the last. Location and prices are great. Friendly staff. Rooms are clean and spacey. Housekeeping came in everyday and cleaned. Never had to ask for anything. Pillows were a little too hard for me but that would be the only complaint I have.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

This place is awesome! I am extremely picky about hotels being clean. I used to work at one and know hotels do not wash comforters after ea person leaves which is horrible! This place I believe does! I couldn't find a speck of dirt and we are repeat customers and I never have found anything to complain about and I looked lol. Everyone is always friendly! The pool is nice and slide is awesome! Excellent location to walk downtown! We love walking through the village to get downtown! Extremely recommended!

Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Dottie0911
Reviewed 12 February 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our first stay at Jack Huff's last weekend. After reading all of the good reviews, we just had to try it. When we arrived, we were so excited that the location was so great. It was in walking distance of everything. Since you have to pay to park at most places in Gatlinburg, this was a big plus for us! We had a room with a king bed and it was so spacious. It had a table and chairs, a reclining chair, a fridge, an area with a sink and counter outside the bathroom, a balcony, and a jacuzzi bathtub. Yes, the fixtures were a little outdated, but this place was sparkling clean! I've never been in a hotel room so clean. In addition to all of those wonderful things, the price was fantastic. We will definitely be staying at Jack Huff's for our future Gatlinburg trips.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KLynnP22
Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the Jack Huff's Motor Lodge (JHML) about five times over the years, most recently in January 2014. JHML is what I would call a mid-level hotel (i.e.: not too fancy, but not economy level either.) The rooms we have stayed in are quite adequate and comfortable. JHML is in a fairly good location, about 300 yards from the Parkway (the main street of Gatlinburg,) within easy walking distance of many attractions. (For those interested, the Gatlinburg Public Library is directly across the street.)

According to a desk clerk at JHML, the original rooms (the section around the swimming pool) were first opened in 1959; the newer section, on the south end of the property (left of the office,) was opened in 1989. In contrast to a lot of the hotels in Gatlinburg, JHML obviously makes a conscious effort to maintain and refurbish the rooms when necessary, so JHML is in much better condition than many hotels of it's age. The hotel has a outdoor swimming pool and also provides a indoor hot tub which is available year round. I have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful when needed.

There are a few aspects about JHML that can be a bit annoying. One for me is when you make a reservation the hotel requires the customer to mail a check or money order for the first night's stay before the reservation is confirmed. (Credit cards are not accepted for advance payment, but are accepted for final payment.) Cherokee Orchard Road, the street JHML is located, can be fairly busy, and parking for the newer section is directly outside the rooms, so outside noise is sometimes noticeable.

I rate JHML as "Very Good" instead of "Excellent" mostly because of it's age and room features of it's era. Nevertheless, the accommodations, rates, and location of the Jack Huff's Motor Lodge makes the hotel one of the better values in Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: Rooms in newer section open directly onto parking lot.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank George E
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Had a great stay here. VERY, VERY, VERY clean and tidy. We had a double queen for one night and were completely impressed with the location, cost, cleanliness and friendliness of staff. Double hot tubs. Had the best hit apple cider too!
The only thing I would improve is having a coffee pot in the room. Although, there is plenty of coffee available in a common area.
Hard to believe we have never stayed here before, but will be in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 305, double queen, had its own private balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BruceH15
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Rented a room for two people with a king-size bed and Jacuzzi. Paid $120 for a Saturday night. Room was very clean. Had a nice Jacuzzi but not quite big enough for someone who is 6'4 but it worked. Good location. Staff very friendly. It sits about the middle of the Boulevard so it's a good location to walk from most everything is in walking distance.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple