“just a nice weekend away”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Johnson's Inn

Johnson's Inn
Ranked #42 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Greenbrier, Tennessee
“just a nice weekend away”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

The place we normally stay was booked. We had seen this place and called to find they still had a room. friendly staff and great location. The rooms need a bit of attention and a little detail to cleaning, would stay again but would not be my first choice.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We have stayed at Johnson's Inn for 3 year now and have always loved it! It's inexpensive and just a little outdated but always clean! The staff is always friendly and helpful.
Walking distance to everything!!!!!! Just park the car!!!!
We enjoy walking to " The Village".... You gotta visit the "The Donut Friar". Totally awesome donuts and Coffee! And we tried the "Pancake Pantry" this time ...Loved it! All walking distance from Johnson's Inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently on a quick trip to Gatlinburg. We had read a few reviews of Jonson's Inn and thought "what the heck". The Inn is a couple of differant properties. We stayed in the old 2 story motor inn. We booked one of the cheap King rooms online. The Inn is very convenient to downtown Gatlinburg. The room had a bed and a hot shower and was sort of clean with towels and such. It was a place to stay but not a nice place. It was ok for a couple of nights. Do not forget to bring your VHS movies cause that is all you can play on that ultra modern VHS tape machine in your room. As I said before the Inn is convenient and I guess it is better than sleeping in your car. I guess it would depend on what kind of car you have. If you are the least bit picky, do not try this place. You will be disappointed if you do.

Room Tip: Probably better to stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stanbo_13
Plainfield, Indiana
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We just stayed here in a 2 BR condo (Sept 19-24 2013). It was our first time staying at this property. I will start by saying that the price is great for the location. We literally parked the car and walked everywhere since we were so close to the main strip. It was wonderful being so close to everything and not having to worry about driving in the traffic.

The condo itself was pretty nice although I would say that the main living area was dimly lit. It is probably just a personal preference but I wish there had been brighter lights in the condo. We had 2 large bedrooms and 2 nice bathrooms. We felt that there was plenty of space and was happy with the overall quality of the furnishings. When we needed extra towels and soap the staff brought it quickly and was always very friendly.

We also used the pool and my daughters really enjoyed it. It is outdoors but I think it is heated since the water was very warm. We were the only people who used the pool during our stay so it was almost like having a private pool. Very nice.

So overall, I would definitely recommend this condo to others. For the price, I think it must be the best deal around. The staff was always friendly and attentive and the rooms were clean and pretty large. We will probably stay here again next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie B
Taylor Mill, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I've been staying at Johnson's Inn since the early 1990's. Johnson's has two buildings, the original Johnson's Inn and the "Mountain View Condo" building. The MVC building is a little newer so I requested to stay there. While the room is in need of some updating, the cost ($49.99 a NIGHT!) and location is great. Johnson's Inn is just right down the street from the Village, Ripley's Aquarium and Baskin's Square. It's right in the middle of town off a quiet road by a creek. The building also has decent Wi-Fi. I stayed on the 4th floor and the internet was fast and not buggy at all. There's a few negative wi-fi reviews but don't believe them. The only gripes I have is that the balcony door lock was all mangled and needed to be replaced and the 19 inch tv's are the same ones they had when I first started coming here circa 1994. Also, the Inn use to have 2 swimming pools. The one that was in the parking lot of the old inn has been removed. It was the bigger swimming pool of the two and it has just been filled with gravel (WTF). The room however was super clean and smelled nice. The view from the balcony was nice. Overall, if you're looking for a cheap convenient location, Johnson's is still your best bet. The price and location are great and if you don't mind staying in an older hotel room, this is where it's at.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sean M
Atlanta
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We booked over the Labor Day weekend this year at Johnson's Inn and found it an excellent place to stay. It was very clean, extremely quiet, and convenient.
Located 1 block off the Parkway near the aquarium and near the 'village'. Everything is close.
We stayed on the 1st floor and could hear no one in the room above us (not all hotels are like that). The hotel was full and yet we heard no noise and there were no problems parking.
Cleanliness is important and this motel was excellent. Definitely a hotel that we will visit again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AtlGa2U
Lawrenceburg
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have always promoted this Inn because it was locally owned and operated. This year the service and the cleanliness was down. We used a roll away and had to fix it...had a hole in the bottom. I was very disappointed. Two weeks ago, found out why! The Inn and Condos have been sold according to the email but after talking to an employee at the front desk found out that it's owned by the bank. Make your own conclusions on that... Just what I was told. I will not be back. It's getting harder and harder to get good service at Resturants in Gatlinburg and get a locally, Amercian owned hotel/motel room. Foreign people are coming into the City and buying up the hotel/motels and putting in t-shirt places that look more like a carnival. I am really disappointed that Johnson Inn has become a victim along with others. I complained two years ago to the Chamber of Commerce and they didn't have any cares about what was trying to tell them. Thank God the Park is just there to enjoy.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here the condos are the best rooms and if you chose a room with a hot tub...ta...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family