“Behind the village, great location!”
Review of Johnson's Inn

Johnson's Inn
Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

At light 6 down about a block. When we walked to town I thought it would take longer but you go in the entrance to the village and you are right on the strip. Pool is small only 4.5 foot but we enjoyed it all to ourselves. It was clean. The room was your average motel with two beds. They were very comfortable and clean. Nice HOT shower with adequate towels and was cloths. Older t.v but we weren't there to watch t.v. The refrigerator was in the bathroom area which is weird but it worked. Overall probably the best Gatlinburg location we've ever had. We would stay again. Just wish it had been a little less $.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TScrogham

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Other than the rooms needing some updating, the entire stay and experience was awesome. The staff was more than accomdating and pleasant. Room was very clean and cool when we arrived. I will be staying here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice. I picked this location because It was close to downtown from what I was reading from the other reviews. I also booked this Inn because it showed it had a laundry room. Well come to find out they no longer have the laundry room. I was disappointed because that was the main reason I booked this place. The room was huge and I loved that. The toilet in our room kept running and that was annoying and there were ants all over the counter. The staff was friendly. We had to leave a day early and they allowed us to get our money back for that day. The stay was pleasant but I think I may try somewhere else next time.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Very soft bed with great location to the shops and entertainment. Walked all over town and sampled the amazing heritage of the town of Gatlinburg. Spent the night in a King size ultra plus bed. Got some great momentous and we return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I visited Gatlinburg for the first time after a three days of backpacking in the Smoky Mountains. We booked ahead of time at Johnson's Inn and I chose this location because of three things: good price, good location, and available washer/dryer. First, the price was great. We also got a discount using AAA for some extra savings. The room was basic and somewhat outdated, but it was clean (other than a little staining in the shower/tub) and the bed was comfortable. The A/C and WiFi worked well. The staff were very friendly. Second, the location was hard to beat, a block from The Village, right off the Parkway (which made it a little more quiet), and a short walk from the aquarium, it was a great spot. The washer/dryer availability, however, is another story. That was very important to us since we had just spent three solid days of backpacking and our clothes were in desperate need of laundering. We found out, however, that the washer/dryer was out of service and was being replaced. Our only option was to take the trolly to the other side of town and wash our clothes at a laundry facility. We attempted to do this, but after a bunch of problems that I won't get into, we weren't able to wash our clothes there and had to resort buying a box of laundry soap and washing our clothes in the tub back in our room and hung them up to dry on the balcony and in the room. We made it work but it definitely was frustrating and took up our whole morning dealing with the issue. I wasn't mad that the washer was out of service; things happen. What frustrated me was that we didn't see anything on their website mentioning it and I might have changed my reservation to another hotel that had a working washer/dryer available had we known, because it was an important amenity to us.
Overall, it was a decent place to stay, especially because of the location and price, but I will be sure to check beforehand (no matter where we stay) to make sure the important amenities are available for use.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karvro
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

1st glance, pleased w our room w fireplace until the air didn't cool the room after being on for 4hours.Toilet wasn't screwed down well, and shower was dingy in Rm230. Hostess willing to change rooms. Again happy until I decided to take a shower. Water rose and wouldn't drain during shower. curtain wouldn't keep water from spraying the bathroom also in same dingy condition.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sandi M
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We enjoyed staying at Johnson's Inn-the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean. Great location.
The rooms needed updating-but overall we loved it!
The location is across the street at light number 6-near the Village.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family