My husband and I very recently stayed at Johnson's Inn for an extended weekend in Gatlinburg. I was wary at first, I had gotten quite a deal on the room (45$ per night) and I've traveled enough to know, you get what you pay for. But we were very pleasantly surprised!
Location - perfect. IF you are wanting a place downtown. It took us 5 minutes to walk to the Village and the pancake pantry in the morning. It was safe, and well lit at night. It did not have creek views, although the front of the hotel was by the creek. It did look like there were 2 rooms where you could get balconies facing the creek, but they were also facing the road.
Cleanliness - another good factor. I'm the type that brings a small stash of cleaning supplies and wipes things down before using a hotel room. I did my routine, but was not finding dirt or ickiness on my cleaning rags. It was Great! The only complaint I have in this department was that there was a razor and soap left above the shower ledge by a previous guest. If it had been a high season and the rooms were turned over quickly, I could see this getting overlooked. But my eyes were immmediately drawn to it when I walked into the bath room. I will say one afternoon my husband and I left for a while and came back about 3 hours later. and the cleaning lady was still working on the same two rooms as she was when we left, (that were the balcony next to ours) So either those people left quite a mess, or they are more thorough than I give most hotels credit for.
The staff was very friendly, check-in/out was a breeze. One reviewer mentioned the dark rooms. They are dimly lit, but I don't consider this a reason to lower the review, I enjoyed it, they use several lamps to light the rooms instead of overhead lighting. And the lamps are nice with a smokey mountain bear theme, this is to their credit I think. We also had a private balcony, with a view of the parking lot, but it was nice, the chairs were clean and sturdy, and it looked like ajoining rooms could share a balcony.
We had a king standard, lots of walking around space, plenty of mirror space. A nice chair a table set. The alarm clock didn't work, and oddly enough it was plugged in anyways, but no time would light up. We did not test the coffee maker. The heating/cooling system worked really well and was quiet. There was a standard sized TV, and a VCR. You could get VHS tapes from the lobby, it looked like quite a selection.
Would defintely reccomend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Locally family owned and operated quaint motel only steps away from the main street of Gatlinburg. We offer mountain hospitality and affordable rates for clean, quiet rooms that are accessible to all that Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains have to offer. Come sit in our garden by the stream , easily walk downtown to shops and restaurants or spend the day in the national park. We offer standard motel rooms, deluxe rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Johnson's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Johnson`s Hotel Gatlinburg
- Johnsons Hotel Gatlinburg
- Johnsons Motel Gatlinburg