“Wonderful Experience!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just returned from a 3 night stay at Gatlinburg Falls Resort. Our cabin (Tomorrow's Dream) is pet-friendly and at the time of check-in, we were told that our resort was outside of Gatlinburg and was the most-secluded of their properties....And they were right!!! I feel like like we got the best of the best. Our 1-bedroom cabin was on top of Legacy Mountain - about a 10 minute trip near the Arts and Crafts Community of Gatlinburg. Some of the cabins are owned by Gatlinburg Falls Resort, and others owned by Legacy Mountain Resort.

I provide alot of reviews on Trip Advisor and I always read them before our stay. I will say that I was a little concerned because some of the reviews weren't so good. I will say that our cabin experience was wonderful. The cabin was immaculate and clean. The hot tub was clean and ready for us. The jacuzzi tub and showers were really nice. I can't say enough good things about the experience. Total seclusion, our back yard faced the woods and mountains.

One morning we drove to Gatlinburg and forgot to unplug the coffee pot and shut it off. We called the Gatlinburg Falls number and they sent someone to our cabin to unplug it, which was very nice!

The only thing I suggestion I would make is: If you bring groceries, be sure to bring spices(No salt and pepper in cabin) and maybe a good frying pan (our pans weren't in the best condition, but kitchen was fully stocked with utensils, bowls, etc). Also, a big blanket or quilt. It was cold on the mountain. Cabin came with 2 packets of dishwasher powder, 1 small bottle of dishsoap and 1 roll of paper towels. Overall, we had an excellent experience, I will return to this mountain. I won't stay at the other Gatlinburg Falls resorts, if you want seclusion and beautiful views overlooking the area, stay on LEGACY MOUNTAIN! Google Legacy Mountain Resort and look at the IMAGES...beautiful!

There are newer reviews for Gatlinburg Falls Resort

Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I stayed at a cabin managed by Gatlinburg Falls Resort in October 2013. The photos of the cabin looked great and the resort advertised it's "premier" service. We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted a nice romantic experience.
Our first red flag was when we received our invoice....the resort charges an additional $200 for what they call "reservation fees" and "premier" service. This includes a packet of coupons worth hundreds of dollars for entertainment, so they say. Ok, we thought, you get what you pay for and we wanted a nice time. For out 3 night stay, the total came to around $800.
Second red flag....The resort stated that check-in time was 4pm. We went to dinner before going to check-in and arrived around the 4pm time. At check-in, a couple in front of us and then us were told that the cabins were not ready and that we would be called when they were. Our actual check-in time became 5:00pm. Bad start for "premier" service.
Third red flag...We arrived at the cabin and opened the door - the alarm began going off. (We hadn't noticed that on the bottom of our reservation, there was a paragraph about alarms and the reservationist who checked us in didn't mention it). We tried to call the resort - their answering system cut us off twice before we could get through.
Next (we were beginning to get a feeling)....Got the alarm off, and began to bring in our bags. As soon as I rolled my suitcase into the bedroom, I saw a puddle of water on the floor - the upstairs bathroom was apparently leaking through the ceiling. Called the resort and after the answering service cut us off again, finally got through. They said they would send someone out,.
In the meantime, we discovered that the first floor bathroom sink had a faucet that was rusted, a rusted out soap dish, and the cold faucet handle did not work.
Went upstairs and found that the upstairs sink was stopped up.
Called the resort and reported this also.
A young man showed up to do repairs - for the plumbing, you guessed? - NO. For a large hole in the deck outside...a hole large enough to put your foot through. He was told to take a look at the leak - but he couldn't fix it.....he wasn't a plumber. So, after pushing furniture around to help him get an extension cord for his saw for the deck repair (my husband is 66 years old with a bad back) - we spent a good part of our "relaxing" evening listening to the calming sounds of an electric saw. The plumber would arrive tomorrow. So, we put a pan underneath the leak to catch the drip from the ceiling above. The next day, the plumbers came while we were out - fixed the leak and stopped up sink....faucet never worked during our stay and any soap we put in the soap dish became covered in rust.
So far, the "premier" service was looking a little lame. But, hey, we had those fantastic coupons, right? Wrong. We selected a coupon that looked interesting to us and called the show to make reservations (coupons were buy one ticket get one free). Guess what? The show was not open and hadn't been open for a month. We called the resort and they apologized saying they guessed someone forgot to pull that coupon (plus inspect the cabin we were in, we guessed).
So, after all that and telling the resort how displeased we were so far, what did they do to try to make our stay more enjoyable? NOTHING. And by the way, can I add that this "luxury" service gave you TWO small bars of soap for 2 bathrooms - we had to carry a bar of soap from the sink to the shower each time. No big deal, but after paying $200 for premier service, you'd think they could offer a bar of soap for each sink and shower.
Let me add, this wasn't our first stay in the area. We have been going to Gatlinburg and staying in cabins for over 20 years - at one time, we even owned a rental cabin. This was the worst service we have ever experienced.
So, beware this resort. The cabin was in a great location...private and all...but the management of the cabin was poor, especially considering their add-on fees.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out ALL fees before you book a room....we didn't remember seeing anything ab...
4  Thank Pennytt
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed in one of the 5 bedroom cabins for a week with a workgroup. The area is beautiful and the cabins are huge and beautiful as well. The internet does not work since they try to share between all the cabins but other than that def worth staying.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 October 2013

First of all, the initial reviews had me worried as to what to expect. After reading the reviews here, I was expecting a place that I was going to regret staying. What I've learned is that I think people expect the Waldorf Astoria/New York and that's just not what they're going to get. People with any negative thoughts seem to be the loudest.

My wife and I went on small getaway for some quiet time away from home. We got to the community with no problems if you know how to follow directions. The community is close to everything in Gatlingburg and just far enough not to have to deal with too much. We got there and checked in with no problems. The cabin itself is just what we needed and just what we saw on the internet when searching for a place to stay. The cabin is a nice value and worth the price.

If I had to FIND something that wasn't perfect like most of these negative reviews expected, there were a couple things. The TV's would be nice if it were HD. I did read that the beds weren't the most comfortable in the world, but it's also not concrete. It took a little while to heat up the hottub, but it eventually got there. Again, none of these are worth completely slamming this place. I rated this as a 4 star because that's what this is and it's a really nice to stay. It's not a 5 because it's not the Waldorf Astoria/New York, like some people who have left these reviews thought it would be.

2  Thank Darren S
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We rented 3 cabins at the Glades and the Wedding and Conference Center for our first ever Vietnam Reunion. All present loved the location and want to do it again in 2015. The staff was very accommodating especially Carrie H. who went out of her way to make our reunion a great one. The cabins were great, and were peaceful and quiet except for the large brown bear that frequently visited the dumpster (loved it). If there was a negative it was the lack of washcloths in the cabins (we had to purchase washcloths for our guest to use). We will be making reservations in January for our next reunion.

Ken B

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Hot tub had a dead rat floating in it. Didnt even heat up once i took it out. Cleaners didnt even flush the downstairs toilet. Regret spending my money and time at this horrible excuse for a "resort".

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank Dogsrcool
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We spent three nights in this cabin in October of 2013. I would like to rate the cabin higher but just keep getting bogged down in the small details. 1st the directions the Gatlinburg Falls resort office were unclear, a phone call to the resort did little to resolve the issue, only a good guess took us to the office. Secondly they only included the AAA discount they advertised after we requested to see the mgr., who did approve it but never came out to the check-in desk. Finally, coming from a hot weather climate, I was looking forward to the fireplaces during the cool evening, only to learn that the fireplaces are electric (not real, and put out no heat, not even a good simulation) left me feeling that the advertising was a little deceptive.

A couple of other small things, TV's need to be updated, could use a deeper cleaning but acceptable.

Enough of the cons. The pros...Beautiful cabin, stunning views. Plenty of room for all to spread out. In the final analysis, the views and the space to relax is the reason we rented the cabin. In this regard I rate the property a full five out of five.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends