“Smooth Operator”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Gatlinburg Falls Resort
Louisville, Kentucky
“Smooth Operator”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My family and I were in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area for a wedding. Plan was to leave that Sunday morning, but I decided to get another cabin at the last minute to extend the trip for my wife, her sister, and the children. We ended up getting a cabin on Legacy Mountain and went there early (check in no earlier than 4pm) to see about using the staff fridge/freezer to store some perishable baby food until we could check-in. The staffmember present, Nick Koehler, was very accommodating to our situation. We then went to Pigeon Forge to eat and shop while waiting for our check-in. We called to assess the situation and were told at 4pm that the cabin was not ready and they would call us. At 5pm, wife called them again, and we were told the cabin was waiting for inspection. At that time, the rest of the family was at one place and I another. It was decided to meet back at the cabin rental office to wait for the approval that the cabin was ready. As I was leaving the store parking lot my car broke down. BUMMER! I was supposed to head back home after getting the family into the cabin. Well, they picked me up and left the car. I was stressed about the car and when we got to the rental office there was a line a mile long for checking in; stressing me out further. (Technically, we checked-in in the morning and was just waiting for the call that the cabin was ready with our 4-digit code.) I got in line and waited my turn hoping that Nick could possibly help us out further. There were some patrons upset that they were still waiting for cabins at 6pm, others were exasperated by the line and the wait to talk to him. Well, Nick was very calm and demonstrated a high level of professionalism and patience while both dealing with customers and their requests and some high levels of frustration. I was finally up and he remembered me and made sure I didn't forget the baby food downstairs. Also, Nick was able to take care of the issues we were having and was able to give us the code to our cabin. The view was great, and the cabin was in great shape. About 8pm, I decided to go on a walk to relieve the stress of my car situation, and ended up at the rental office. Nick was still there finishing up with customers. I ended up chatting with him about the cabin and the day including my car problem. He gave me the name of an auto shop in Sevierville, who I was able to call the next morning and they were able to get me on the road that day. Nick Koehler was able to allow my family to enjoy even a stressful time while visiting the area. We will definitley use Gatlinburg Falls Resort in the future.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank biomanJD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I would like to thank Bradley LaRue for his assistance. Booking the reservation was very simple over the phone. Finding the place from the directions on the website was also very easy. Check-in was a little slow, because it's Friday at 4:00 p.m. when everyone is due to check in and they had only one woman checking people in. So the wait was about 20 minutes. Once we got to our cabin though everything was great! Pretty clean place with excellent views. Fun things to do in this cabin include air hockey, pool, fooseball, an arcade machine with like 60 games I think it was, an xbox, and you can't forget the hottub! The cabin is also within about 45 minutes to stuff we did like ziplining and white water rafting. Also Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge where like 20 minutes away. Really great weekend. We will definitely be booking through Gatlinburg Falls Resort in the future!

2 Thank Magalee217
Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed 20 July 2014

What a beautiful resort we stayed at Gatlinburg Falls (Bradley LaRue) we would never stay anywhere else! The 18 person cabin was incredible! 'Where Eagles Dare"
Theater room, game room, hot tub,etc...what more can you ask for. Looking forward to coming back...:)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank anna b
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was our first time staying in the cabins. It was very relaxing. Our Grandchildren loved the games and we got to see the fireworks show that Dollywood does every night. It was just like being at home while being on vacation . We are looking into dates to reserve a cabin for our next vacation . We will be staying again.

2 Thank GailScar
Ocean springs
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here last week in the once upon a time cabin and it was awesome! The location was perfect. The cabin was very clean and in order. The people at the check in desk was super friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this to anyone staying and also stay again the next time I go back.

3 Thank Thawthorne
Salyersville, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I've stayed with Gatlinburg Falls Resort two consecutive years and both experiences were wonderful! Bradley LaRue and his staff made check-in super easy and they gave flawless directions to my off-site cabin. The staff was always super accommodating and our cabin was exactly as advertised. At check in Michelle, the clerk at the desk, was extremely nice and she answered every question I had throughly. Everything at the cabin was very clean, the hot tub was perfect and the resort gives coupons to some of the famous attractions in Tennessee! Which is a major plus! Overall, my experiences with this resort have always been great and I will definitely be staying here again very soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SamanthaMinix28
Murray
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our stay in Gatlinburg Falls Resort (Bradley LaRue) exceeded our expectations! The cabin had the most amazing views and provided the space and entertainment (pool table, fire pit) needed to keep a family with four children (three being teenagers) busy. Out of our many vacations over tge years this cabin made this trip the all time favorite for our family! We CANNOT wait to return and will most definitely use this resort again!

2 Thank Agana13