See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 April 2018

The driving up to the cabin was terrifying. We arrived at night in the fog and rain on steep roads that were very narrow. Thank God no other car was coming the other way when we were trying to get here. The cabin itself was beautiful -- gorgeous fireplace, view, furniture. The washer/dryer and jacuzzi tub were very old and not working so great but all else in the cabin was beautiful. I would just never stay here again as someone not accustomed to mountain driving this steep and narrow.

Room Tip: don't book here unless you know where your cabin is -- driving was too dangerous.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

It was a great experience from the begining. Making rez amd.following up all details was awesome..great place to visit. Whitewater rafting must.knoxville and surrpunding areas are very interesting. I am looking forward to return next year

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2017

A awesome cabin, there are no bedrooms but for a couple it is beyond imagination. The view out the back door is simply amazing. The cabin was very clean and had everything a couple could need. We will be going back to this cabin.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2016

We rented the High Five from the Mountain Laurel Chalets and everything was amazing. Each room had its own and unique bathroom. The rooms on the top floor had a door that opened to the balcony with the more than breath-taking view. You could see the mountains and the trees were amazing. We did sight a bear which was cool. The drive up to the actual cabin is nothing that you've experienced before and YES it does look like something out of a movie. I will say, I am not a generic map reader, so my GPS navigated me STRAIGHT to the front door, lol. Very fun experience. My recommendation is that you do EVERYTHING you want in the city, before turning in for the night. The heels are super steep but it's a little scary at night. There is a hot tub and a pool table in the house. YAY!
All in all, this was a very memorable experience and the family can't wait to return. I'll post pics, enjoy!!

Room Tip: High Five Chalet; get top floor rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank MonroeWise
Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

We had two Chalets Seven people total. Nothing about this trip was pleasant it all began with the booking of our Chalet which no one could help me change they wouldn't even change my final payment date as I arrived I found that one of the bedrooms bedding had not been cleaned or changed as we were able to wash the bed linen upon arrival the comforter still remained dirty unable to wash so I contacted the office to have them bring me a set of clean sheets and a new comforter in which they told me that they were unable to deliver. not being our fault the linen should have been replaced properly without fail dirty bedding is unacceptable the person I spoke with in the office told me that I would be able to pick them up but no one would deliver 2 me I've been staying with Mountain Laurel Chalets for better than 15 years bringing larger and larger groups as I come it was very embarrassing that the staff was not interested in trying to accommodate us .what would it have taken for someone to bring us clean usable linen for beds and we had no usable mop this is not the only thing that I found disappointing as a so-called family member of the Mountain Laurel Chalets I was very disappointed in the actions of the staff and the office management for the first time ever. I know that as I return to the mountains that I will no longer be using this company and I hope that you travelers reference this information as well . their confusing booking Technics the Chalet was listed in my name and charged to someone else using their credit card information I believe that this practice is unlawful and once I brought it to the attention of the office personnel I was told no changes could be made as well I'm just totally disappointed in the whole booking and accommodations Im totally frustrated in the Mountain Laurel Chalets dependability and techniques I have had several things over the years delivered to our chalets irons toasters mops Linen , excetera excetera What happened to the mountain laurel standards of satisfaction and. Loyalty?

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family