“Fun”

Ripley's Haunted Adventure
Ranked #40 of 108 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Ripley's Haunted Adventure takes haunted houses to the next level. Live actors lurk behind every corner of this creepy renovated mansion, just waiting to "welcome" you to their home. That high pitched scream you hear...yea that's you. But remember, you must be at least 6 years old to enter, if you dare!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Venice, Florida
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My daughter(11) keeps pestering my husband and I about taking her to Busch Gardens for Howloscream but after going through this Haunted House decided she's not quite ready yet! It could've used a little more action and props rather then just having you walk in the dark but still fun!

Visited July 2014
Dakota E, Manager at Ripley's Haunted Adventure, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your review! I am glad to read that you and your daughter had a great time! Thank you for informing us on what we can improve as well, we like to hear these things so that we can enhance our guests experience. We hope to have you back soon! Thank you!

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lame!!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Granted, I'm a hard person to scare but this place was completely lame. A total waste of money in my opinion.

Visited August 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise us of your recent visit to our attraction. We appreciate your feedback so that we are able to continue to improve and hopefully make it scarier for others. We hope that you will give us another opportunity. Thank you!
Dittmer, Missouri
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Disappointment”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I feel as if I was set up for a disappointment when I visited here- at night when you are walkin down the street by it they have a lady or a guy in the box that jumps out and scares you..also one that walks the streets..so I decided to try it out. That's where the disappointment starts...they put u in a cage type thing to take you to the rooms..the first a funeral home set up. The actor yes actor not actors run from room to room to try and scare you... but there is absolutely nothing to be scared about. I know they step up there game for Halloween but really you have visitors all year. Here's a few things..
Higher more people or a new/different one...they seem extremely tired of there jobs.
Put as much energy into as you do in Halloween then this place won't be that bad.

Just a suggestion.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Brandimcclain1984
I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise us of your recent visit to our attraction. We appreciate your feedback so that we are able to continue to improve. We hope that you will give us another opportunity. Thank you!
Irmo, South Carolina, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

My hubby and son enjoyed it. It looks small from the outside but it's bigger than I thought. They liked liked it and that is good enough for me.

Thank you for the review! I’m happy that you had a great experience! We hope to have you back soon! Thank you!
St. Petersburg, Florida
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Fun, but don't fall for the upcharge scam”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We really enjoyed the haunted adventure. It would have been nice for there to be few more actors, but the one they had (that followed us from room to room and jumped out at us a few times) got us a few times. It's a unique attraction with a lot of fun surprises.

The reason I marked it lower than I would was because I felt that we got scammed when we purchased our tickets. The guy working the register was telling us that we really really better buy this "lantern," since almost all of the house is "pitch black" and "people get hurt running into things ALL the time." We bought one for our group (a cheap fiber optic light thing that was an extra $2). When we got in, we found that the guy had straight-up lied to us. While the rooms were dim, at no point were we in danger of bumping into anything. In fact, before the only part that was pitch black, they had a sign TELLING us to turn off our lights. I would have enjoyed this attraction much more if I hadn't felt like we were scammed out of our money. Don't let them scam you out of yours!

By the way, there's a coupon on the back of the Gatlinburg Sky Lift ticket for $2 off any Ripley's attraction, so if you're doing the Sky Lift, do that first so you can get the discount.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Mjv0309
I would like to thank you for taking the time to advise us of your recent visit to our attraction and what had happened. We appreciate your feedback so that we are able to continue to improve. We hope that you will give us another opportunity. Thank you!