“Easy to reserve great cabins!”
Review of Cobbly Nob Rentals

Cobbly Nob Rentals
“Easy to reserve great cabins!”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We reserved the Keen Eye View cabin from Cobly Nob over the Internet. It was extremely easy.

We were late getting into town so we retrieved our keys and info from their late arrival box. Very easy. Instructions to our cabin were included.

Upon arrival to our cabin we found it to be as advertised. This is an above average cabin, very clean, and very well put together. Wouldn't call this a "luxury" cabin, but it is trimmed out really nicely. Everything in the cabin worked great including the hot tub. The view was amazing! The master bedroom is of really good size. It had a huge walk in closet with its own air vent from the AC. I say this because we turned it into a small make shift nursery and just left the door open. Also was plenty of room for suitcases and various clothing. The guest bedroom was also very nice. Again, this place is super clean and very nice! Also of note is that this place has a really nice washer and dryer. This counts down the amount of clothes we had to bring on our weeklong trip, which was great. This cabin would be more than ideal for a family with a few kids, or two couples with one set of kiddos. Also forgot to mention the upstairs is really big. Plenty of room up there for the kiddos to romp.

The outside area is also really well kept. Plenty of room for the kiddos to roam. The deck overlooks the mountains, which is really pretty. A grill and hot tub are also outside.

There is no wifi here, but we did get cell service from AT&T, including 4g/LTE service.

I highly recommend this place. It is as advertised per the site.

If you stay with Cobly Nob you can actually search the specific cabin in trip advisor. Just type in the name of the cabin into the search box. Some people have written specific cabin reviews on Trip Advisor, but under the Cobly Nob category.

• Stayed June 2013
865sharp, Manager at Cobbly Nob Rentals, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with Cobbly Nob Rentals. Keen Eye View is a beautiful 2 bedroom cabin with a great view. Please let us know if we can help you plan your next vacation and also would like to offer you a 10% discount on your next stay with us. Sincerely, Cobbly Nob Rentals

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in several properties that they rent out, The Queen and I, Something Special, The King of the Mountain, but I have never been more disgusted as when I stayed at the White House. I feel like Cobbly Nobb should make owners put up to date pictures on their site and not deceive customers into renting a subpar property. There were dead flies in the rooms. Something black on the shower curtain, our tub/showers were not clean. There was aluminum foil under the eyes of the stoves and several eyes on the stove were not working. Ice would not come out of the refrigerator door and one of the refrigerators would not get cold. The microwave handle was broken and there were large burn marks o. The kitchen counter. When we arrived there were cigarette butts outside on the pavement and I was told they don't really clean the outside. The house really needs to be painted outside and the deck needs some TLC. AFTER ALL THIS I can say that after I called the office they sent people immediately to fix the stove and clean the bathrooms and the ladies were really nice and apologetic. I was really surprised when I checked out and Angie (the manager?) gave me a refund. I won't say I won't stay here again but I will only stay at my favorite cabins.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank teemee41
We would like to thank you for choosing us again for your summer vacation. We do apologize that the property was not prooperly cleaned, we strive to have beautiful and fully funtioning appliances, well cleaned and ready homes upon our guests arrival. Thank you for giving us the option to fix any prpblems and complete the cleaning of the property. We look forward to your next stay with us and would like to extend a 10% discount. Please give us a call in the office so we can help you reserve and recieve your discount.

Ashville, Ohio
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We just returned from Copper Ridge - great location & at one time a beautiful cabin but maintenance inside and out is very poor. Railings around the porch are crumbling, interior is not well supplied as indicated & definitely NOT clean. They expect their guests to do most of the cleaning (& haul your trash to the office) to make it easier on their cleaning staff so why am I paying a $50 cleaning fee?! There was mold in the shower, thick layer of dust everywhere, sink drain in the kitchen smelled horrible & was filthy. Dead bugs, doors did not shut properly and we didn't dare try the hot tub...

I will never rent nor recommend this company. For any cabin rentals, I will go to Elk Springs. They are a far superior company with excellent service.

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank NBell001
We would like to thank you for staying with us, and for letting us know about services that we can improve on. We would like for you to give us another try, we have many propertys to choose from out in the area. We would like to extend a 10% discount for your next visit .

Martinsville, Indiana
Reviewed 23 May 2013

This was our third visit to cobbly nob, we've always had a wonderful experience with them until this year. We chose Angel's Touch, which includes a beautiful view and is in fact a beautiful cabin. The problem, is the total lack of maintenance and / or the low quality amenities. The hot tub steps are rotting and my husband fell when they collapsed. Side of the hot tub is already rotted off. The spouts on all the jet tubs inside are rusty and nasty looking. The deck is stained and beginning to rot. The wood bees are so infested in the deck area that you can hear them scratching around in there. The downstairs bath had mold along the baseboard and on the shower. The kitchen was poorly stocked as far as dishes and silverware (one butter knife) and the carpet in the living room was badly burned in front of the fireplace. All of the bed linens and towels provided were extremely cheap quality, not at all what you'd hope to find at a resort cabin. Overall we enjoyed our stay in Gatlinburg but we'll never stay at this cabin again. I would recommend Cobbly Nob to anyone, but I would advise that you NOT stay at this cabin.

Room Tip: Search specific cabin names on Trip Advisor before you book! You';ll find reviews here but not...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tarcher67
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at "Angels Touch". We here at Cobbly Nob Rentals work hard to make sure that each of our guests experience the best stay here in the Smokies and I apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We truly value your comments, especially the ones that show weaknesses in our operations, or changes that we need to make to improve our product. I assure you that your comments are taken seriously and these issues will be addressed. If you would ever consider using Cobbly Nob Rentals again we would like to offer you a 10% discount. Thank you Cobbly Nob Rentals
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We stayed here with family a few months back, and liked the cabin. It isn't more than 15 minutes to Gatlinburg when you want to go to town, and is out in the country where it is quiet and peaceful. A creek runs near that the kids can wade in, and the cabin is fairly new. Nice furniture and full kitchen. Hot tub as well for relaxing, which we did!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. If we can help you plan your next vacation to Gatlinburg please let us know and we would also like to offer you 10% off your next stay as well. Thank you Cobbly Nob Rentals
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 11 April 2013

My man brought me to Cobblynob for my birthday. Funny we were just in Gatlinburg 2 weeks prior at another cabin with another couple and it was horrible, the worse cabin ever. So when I got to Cobblynob I was in heaven. Very beautiful and everything we needed. The washer/dryer is a plus. wonderful views, peaceful, comfortable bed and very clean. The only thing i didnt like was the lack of towels. we were there for a week and only given one towel and face rag each along with one jacuzzi towel, clearly thats not enough and I do wish we were provided more. Other then that everything else was absolutely perfect and the best cabin I have EVER been in. They provided us with information on a in cabin massage. I had a massage from Roger Bailey of RNRBODYWORKS and let me say, this was one of the BEST massages I've ever had (and I get a massage at home ever 2 weeks). He was very respectful and polite, GREAT at what he does. Overall, my experience at Cobblynob provided me with the best birthday trip ever and one of the best massages ever. I highly recommend Cobblynob Cabin Rentals and Roger Bailey for a massage. Oh, ALL of this was VERY affordable, we got more for our money and it was all well worth it!!! Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gatlinburgfun
We are pleased to here you enjoyed your stay at "Cuddle Up". We truly value your comments, especially the ones that show weaknesses in our operations. If we can help you book your next vacation rental please let us know and we also like to offer you a 10% discount off your next stay. Sincerely Cobbly Nob Rentals
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed 17 March 2013

We arrived at our cabin rental so excited to stay there for our honeymoon - that feeling didn't last very long. We stopped at the office to get our keys as it was after hours. We drove up to our cabin which was about 10 minutes away from the office and arrived at our cabin after travelling for 14 hours. We tried the keys in the lock and they didn't work - there were two deadbolts on the door and neither worked. We tried calling the office and there was no answer at the after hours number so we left a message. While waiting for them to call back, we decided to go to the security office. The security officer was out of the office so we decided to try calling the emergency number. Standing on the porch outside of the security office, we could hear the telephone on the desk ringing as we were calling them so we had to wait about half an hour for the guard to come back. He then put us in contact with the actual owner of the cabin. She met us back at the office and gave us another set of keys and sent us on our merry way. Well we drove back up to our cabin to try the keys and guess what - they didn't work!! We called back the owner of the cabin and she suggested that we break in the window to gain entrance!! I said there was no way we were going to do that and risk injuring ourselves getting inside and i didn't think it would be very safe as it was already dark out and about 8:00 at night. She said that she would send someone up to help us out. Well, about 10 minutes later "Doug" appeared. He seemed to be very agitated that we took him away from whatever he was doing to help us get inside. He rudely asked for the keys and asked us if we were sure that we tried all the keys in all the locks and my husband stated that we tried them all and even the doors on the side (which only led to the heating and a/c system). Well to make a long story short, "Doug" ended up breaking the door in for us to get inside at about 9:00 at night. My husband politely asked if there was anything they could do to compensate us for what was happening and said that he would not like to write a bad review. Doug stated that "he was going to comp us one night, but now that we threatened him, if we wanted that night we would have to sign a paper that we would not write a bad review". Well, as you can see, we did not get comped that one night. Once we finally got into our cabin, we put our things into the bedroom downstairs and found hairs and stains on the bed sheets so we moved everything upstairs. We went out the next day and came back during the day to find a repairman in our cabin fixing the door and trim that Doug had busted the night before. The repairman was VERY nice and did a great job, but I did not feel comfortable with someone in our cabin when we werent there as we had our laptop, cameras, and other items inside with no one there. The next two days went rather well, until we came back to our cabin the night before we were checking out. I was using the bathroom upstairs when I saw a COCKROACH on the floor!!! I told my husband to get everything up off the floor and check our clothes to make sure we don't take anything home with us. We loved the area and the peacefulness, but will not EVER stay at a Cobbly Knob rental again. I guess you get what you pay for!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Cindy H
We would like to extend our apologizes upon your difficult process of checkin at one of our property's. We have since changed the way we handle after hours calls and how our guest and these calls are managed. If you choose to give us another try, we would like to give you a 10% discount on another stay. We have many property's that you may choose from. We are in the office from 9-5PM daily to assist in anyway we can to find the right cabin for you.