“AWESOME WEEKEND GETAWAY”

Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Sylva, North Carolina
“AWESOME WEEKEND GETAWAY”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed in room 411 this weekend and it was very clean. No animal smells or odors.We had a very pleasant stay with no complaints. Very friendly staff and owner. The breakfast was free and saved us money from going out. The pool was clean and best of all the hotel is animal friendly. There is enough parking so I don't understand these bad reviews that I read. I would stay here again and the price was right. For those that wish to stay on the strip or next to the aquarium then pay the price to do so. I will plan several more weekend getaways there.

Thanks,

Jim

Room Tip: Stay in room # 411
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JimF897

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Taylorville, Illinois
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I got 2 adjoining rooms for myself and spouse as well as 3 teens. Paid $60 for the night then when I called to see about staying another night, they tried to change the price to $89 even after I'd already checked in. Finally got that settled. Rooms are old and dated but appeared fairly clean. Location is a long walk to where all the shops and restaurants are. Pool closes at 9:00 (awfully early in the summer months). Elevator was possibly the slowest one I've ever encountered; we were on the 6th floor and the kids would walk down the stairs faster than we could take the elevator. My spouses bed and mine were fine but the teens complained that theirs were rock hard and uncomfortable. I spoke with 3 other families at various times while waiting for the elevator and they all had problems with their rooms smelling of pet urine (Red Roof Inns do allow pets) and hard mattresses. One lady said her husband was a police officer and he had his crime scene blacklight in the car so they used it to check the cleanliness of their room since she was afraid of bedbugs...she was on her way to the lobby to get her money back and leave. I didn't want to know what the black light showed. Eww. The breakfast was nice with waffles and all the other normal stuff. This is a mixed review because of what I heard from other guests and also the need for a major remodel to update the place.

Bluff City, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 June 2012

On 6/23/12 I stayed at this hotel with my family. It was a HORRIBLE experience!! The wifi didn't work which my husband needed for his job, there was sawdust all over our floor and bathroom in our room, the pillows were harder than bricks, the air didn't work, and worst of all I awoke in the middle of the night to roaches yes I said roaches crawling on me!! I was mortified!! Needless to say we didn't eat there complimentary breakfast and left ASAP! Corporate needs to step in and fix the issues in this hotel!! They have lost me as a customer!!!! It was just an all around horrible experience!!

Room Tip: Stay at own risk!
1 Thank Rebecca L
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We booked a 2 queen suite fireplace room for two adults and two small children. Upon arrival we were told their pack and play was unavailable "they only have one".. not a huge problem. However, we get up to our room and it has a musty old aroma, green doors, brown dirty dirty carpet, dirty old brown bedspreads and NO fireplace. We call down to the desk to have the man tell us we are only missing a fireplace and its summer so why do we need one?? Well because we paid for that room, How irritating! He refused to change our rooms insisting we didn't need the fireplace and ontop of it they charged my credit card twice!!! We have backaches from the hard beds and rock hard pillows, parking is horrible and its not close enough to the strip to walk pushing a stroller. Altogether just a horrible place and experience.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank RNmama09
Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The rooms are very old looking and the beds are hard as a rock. This pillows are as if you are sleeping on a bunch of bricks. Parking is the pitts and it has a bad smell in the room. Felt like I was being bit by something while trying to sleep in the bed. WILL NOT STAY HERE OR ANY OTHER RED ROOF INNS!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay!
Graysville, Alabama
Reviewed 16 June 2012

At first unsure of what to expect after reading some of reviews but decided there were more good than bad.Glad I did.Staff was friendly and helpful, there were 4 adults 3 kids 8-13 and a puppy. Breakast was good, had 3 rooms, they were large, no smell, clean, and no bugs. Not once did I fear for the kids Safely. Maybe a little far from town for people like me who can not walk that long anymore but try the trolley to town and a nice leisurely walk back worked for me.We all had a great time and I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we do plan on staying there the next time.

2 Thank Patricia B
Manchester, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at this location for 5 days/4 nights. Our first glimpse of the overall property was very nice. The clerks were very helpful and pleasant, our room was very spacious and clean. Our pet was also allowed to stay in the room with us and that made us feel right at home. The view from our private balcony was great, it overlooked the pool, the mountains & the parkway. All the attractions were within walking distance. Anything we didn't have supplied in our room was avaliable at the front desk. We are defiently going to stay here on our next visit to the Smokies....we were very satisfied!

2 Thank FRS_1977