At 4 am, my family was awakened by a piercing beep and "Low Battery Warning". The warning occurred every 15 min. and as I was falling back asleep (even while wearing earplugs) Finally around 6 am, I had enough and hunted for the source (we had blamed cell phones, ipods, etc). It was the smoke alarm! I finally took it off the wall thinking that would fix it--it still continued to beep! At 6:30 am, I delivered it to the front desk so they could listen to it. Front desk was understanding and told me to come back at 9:30 am to speak to the manager. I told the manager, "We are staying for 2 evenings, you need to comp this first night. My family came here to rest and enjoy Gatlinburg. Our first night was ruined and now we would drag the rest of the day." The manager said, "We will take care of it." That satisfied me until checkout.
At check out, he discounted the room a full 15%! Ridiculous!!! I responded there was no way he would put his family through a similar experience. He offered another 15% off the price. I steamed out of there never to return. When I checked out, that room still did not have a smoke alarm. DO NOT STAY HERE.
Other Cons: Dated rooms,
--Room smelled of animal urine
--WiFi was unusable
--Air Conditioner required repair
--Ice Maker did not work
--Pet friendly unless you have a fire in room
--Other guests tried to warn us not to stay here (sorry we did heed their warning)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg. We are right across from "Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster" and also 1.5 miles from Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the busiest of all national parks with over 9 million visitors each year. The park offers endless outdoor activities such as downhill snow skiing, class IV whitewater rafting, golf, hiking options from 600 miles of trails, and fishing in hundreds of miles of streams. Relax at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg while you're enjoying all Gatlinburg's restaurants, family fun museums (such as Ripley's Believe It or Not and Hollywood Star Car Museum), Dollywood Amusement Park, Splash Country, Dixie Stampede, and many, many other great attractions, fun for young and old. Year round events and concerts combine to make Gatlinburg a true entertainment destination in the beauty of the Smoky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium Hotel Gatlinburg
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium
- Wildwood Hotel Gatlinburg