“OK I guess”

Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Bumpus Mills, Tennessee
“OK I guess”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Large rooms and clean, but the furniture is very old. Had an old style CRT TV that wasn't very big. The bed was very low to the floor and the mattresses looked like they were older than I am. There's a lot of motels in the area that are better deals than this one. But overall, I guess it was OK. Breakfast isn't until 7:30, so we left without getting any.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Canal Winchester, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Big rooms, good price, fireplaces, balconies, free breakfast, problem is internet doesn't work. Also, pet-friendly. I don't travel without my toy-size little dog. Very few hotels are pet-friendly in Gatlinburg. Breakfast is okay. It has make-your-own waffles, bagels, toast, cereal, coffee, juice.

Room Tip: They have several varieties of room styles. Select 4th floor. From back of building, parking is le...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We reserved a room here because it was pet friendly and affordable however don't waste your time and money. I always check mattresses anywhere I go and when I checked both the they were covered with red blood looking stains. Yuck! We told the manager and he upgraded us to a bigger room. Those mattresses had the same problem and I found a bug under the mattress cover. We checked out and got a full refund from expedia. This place is nasty!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah C
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

We were so excited after our seven hour ride that the nice gentleman at the front desk let us check in early. Our first pet was free and the second was supposed to be $10 extra a day, but when he heard they were both less than five pounds he waived the fee!
The maid staff was super friendly, offering to help us with anything we needed when we were moving in to our room. Extra towels are always nice!
The room is huge, great fireplace, nice comfy beds, clean bathroom and lots of counter space with an extra sink, microwave, and mini fridge.
The continental breakfast was nice, very carby, but you can fill up and head out for a busy day.
Construction in the area is a little frustrating but not their fault.
Would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Shalanej
Stoneham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Some friends and I spent one night here in March 2013. It was more than we expected for a Red Roof Inn. The rooms were huge. There was a huge balcony. The microwave and refrigerator had its own space with a counter and it's own sink. (Having to deal with food in the bathroom sink always grosses me out!) Breakfast was more varied than most Red Roof breakfasts - although all carbs. Beds were a little hard though. Some people don't mind that.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marlene C
Owens Cross Roads
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I obtained reservations weeks ahead of time. I had some issues with reservations but got it all worked out (or so I thought). Upon arrival, I checked in, price was correct, signed it, got my stuff in my room and went on about my 2 night stay. On the next day, I was hiking the Appalachian Trail when I got a call (somehow) from the front desk telling me I was supposed to check out at 11am (it is now 1230p). I explained there must be some mistake, etc. So I had to stop, get back to my car and drive 45 minutes to the hotel only to have her tell me it is now fixed. The room was very nice in size (king room with fireplace), the fireplace worked great, the bed was okay, except for the chewed gum stuck to the headboard and the tv didn't work the last night I was there so I called the front desk and the guy came right up. He said unfortunately the room I was in gets cable from the room below it and since it was 10p he didn't want to disturb the neighbors but this was something they were aware of! Really!? Fix it then!!! Upon check out, I informed the lady about my issues and told them the room needs cleaning very good, gum needs to be gotten up and the tv fixed. I was shocked to see that I was billed for 2 nights at 3 nights price. I demanded a fix, not a refund but a fix, they did knock off 50% for the first nights stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jonathan F
GREENVILLE
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for a great overnight stay! Right in Gatlinburg, trolley available, pet friendly, clean room, free breakfast. Who could ask for more? Great timing too, we were able to be there to see all the beautiful fat snowflakes falling!!!! More room than we needed in suite 600. 2 bedroom apartment style room with fireplace and huge jacuzzi tub for very small room charge. Very pleased and would recommend to anyone. Convenience store right across the street as well. Great stop for a clean, cheap, quiet weekend getaway!!!

Room Tip: suite 600. Huge, spacious 2 bedroom ( 1K, 2Q ). NO noise!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family