“Unhappy”

Ranked #13 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Adolphus, Kentucky
“Unhappy”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This motel needs major renovations. My daughters I Pod was stolen from room. There was no safe in the room. I would not stay there again. The pool was small and there was no hot tub. The one in Peigon Forge would have been a better place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I apologize that you had this experience at our property, we take the safety and security of guest very seriously and we responded to this matter as soon as you brought it to our attention. This is not the usual experience our guest walk away with and we do everything we can to make sure of that. I hope you will allow me to show this the next time you are in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We made a last minute decision to stay longer in Gatlinburg and got a room here for one night. We did not have much of a problem at all. The guy who checked us in was having a bad day I think, he was OK but not welcoming. The room was great. One of the best beds I have ever slept on. Clean and comfortable. We encountered the guy who checked us in in the hallways and he seemed to be in a much jollier mood. The next morning we checked out late but the manager did not bat an eye. We asked if they had any more rooms for the weekend and they did not, but they let us park in the parking lot so we could walk downtown to find some availability. Overall I feel it was good value for my money and I would return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dav192
Tianjin, China
Reviewed 20 June 2014

There are a lot of choices in Gatlinburg, but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, this hotel fits the bill. The rooms were clean. Ours had a fireplace which we obviously didn't use in June. Also, a great location in walking distance of downtown Gatlinburg.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike M
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I booked my stay at this hotel through Expedia. After viewing available room types (Renovated, Non-Renovated, 2 Queens, 1 King, etc.,) I selected the "Superior 1 King with a fireplace, assuming "Superior" meant "Better"... huge misrepresentation! We checked in late...abt 1:30 am. We drive a Jeep and have to completely unload when we stay anywhere. The lady at the desk told us where to park and where to find the luggage carts. We completely unloaded and went to our room, hot, road weary and exhausted. Now for the room: Positives: The room was very large with a large wrap around balcony boasting a view of the pool and river. The rest: The room was not what I expected, in fact, it was pretty gross. The bathroom light is full of dead insects, gnats were flying around, carpet stained, ironing board cover is stained, the fireplace did not work, you have to go down one floor to get ice, housekeeping puts minimal effort into cleaning, walls are painted panel, furnishings are outdated, spiders and webs on the balcony, internet has been out for two hours now and the desk clerk simply said "yes, the internet went out, I can't even check people in, you'll just have to try later", there was a discrepancy with my rate which will hopefully be corrected when I check out but us still overpriced considering the room condition was comparative to an old roadside motel. I took plenty of pictures of this room and will never stay at this hotel or reccomend it to anyone. We plan on coming back to Gatlinburg and will choose different lodging.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Wendy L
General_Manager_740, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.
I want you to know that our superior king rooms are not renovated. We have not advertised any where & also fireplace are in use from Oct to April. They are turned off during the summer season.
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Wife really wanted a place we could afford with a jacuzzi and outdoor pool for our First Anniversary. Landed here for less than 85 a night (after taxes!) for a king room and a jacuzzi tub.

Not a huge fan of the air conditioning units. Loud. Hard to keep steady. Tend to shut off. Don't keep all of room cold (especially far side of bed).

When looking at room through hotels.com, it showed a jacuzzi in the room (and not bedroom). When we got there, we found the jacuzzi/shower combo in the bathroom (and extremely close to the bathroom door). Front-desk clerk told us NO rooms had jacuzzis in the room. ... Seemed false advertising by hotel or hotels.com.

Pool area was clean. Wouldn't call it heated. Found it cold on a day in the lower 80s. But it was decently sized and changed colors at night.

Bed was huge and soft. Plenty of pillows. Wish there was a nightstand on both sides, though.

Room could have used more plugs. With my phone, ipad and diabetic monitor, it was impossible to plug them up in close proximity without unplugging a light.

Outside of room doors had old, cheap style of lettering. A coat of paint and modern numbers could do wonders.

Room had a fireplace, but it was late spring/early summer, so we didn't use it.

Thought having a huge mirror over the fireplace was a waste, especially since there was ANOTHER mirror on the wall next to the TV. They could put a nice (50/60 inch) flat-screen above the room and charge a little more. TV was fine, changed channels fast and had a big selection. Even had a paper guide.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank cksportsfan
Abingdon, Virginia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at for the money. The themed room that we stayed in was clean and very well decorated, plus the Jacuzzi tub was huge and accommodating. We had a Fireplace too, but seeing as it is summer time the gas was not on. The pool was nice and everyone was friendly that worked there so i will definitely be staying at this hotel later this summer on vacation.

Room Tip: We had room 214 which was a themed room, so if you upgrade to the themed room your stay will be a lo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mfoster13
Clyde, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The staff here were helpful, courteous, and decent. The layout of the this place sucks. I was given a room on the third floor which was something called a "themed" suite. I wanted a jacuzzy in my room; however, when I got into the room, it was a large room of which I'm not complaining. What I didn't like was placement of the ac unit. The wall unit is up high in the wall near the door and I also don't like when they control how much you use your AC. Every 15 minutes it would shut off and there was not way to override it. The room stayed hot even at night after the sun went down. The fixtures in this room date back to before I was born. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Get rooms on the front side and not the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo