“New Mattress, New Sheets, New TV ......”

Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg
Ranked #19 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My sister and I just returned from Gatlinburg where we stayed at the Red Roof Inn and Suites. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel and our room. It was much nicer than I expected.

PROS: new mattresses on both beds in our room, new sheets, 3 pillows on each bed, great air conditioning, new TV, room was huge, nice balcony that overlooked the pool, etc, friendly staff at Check-In, great location, hot water for shower, water pressure pretty good, pet friendly.

CONS: Pet Friendly - our room had a pet odor. When you don't have a pet, you can smell that odor anywhere. It wasn't terrible, but it was there. The carpet really needs to be replaced - it was clean, but holds the pet odor. Also, the buttons on our phone were not all there. Not that anyone ever really uses a hotel phone, but....

I was looking for things to complain about but I just couldn't find any deal-breakers. The items in the vending machines were not even expensive like at some hotels. Parking was ample and free.

I would stay here again if I ever returned to Gatlinburg. But, the chances of that are slim and none - in my opinion, Gatlingurg has gone downhill since I was a kid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KimBux

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had an awful experience at the La Quinta hotel in Pigeon Forge, so we called Red Roof in Gatlinburg. Most of the other pet friendly hotels were booked, but they had only a few rooms left and we reserved one on Wednesday July 16th. We arrived and the hotel grounds were very nice and quite, considering they were really busy. We got there about 12:00, 3 hours before check in time and the room we reserved was not ready, but the nice management upgraded us to a king room that was ready for only 10.00 extra a night! This room was huge and we had our own private balcony!! I can't describe in words how wonderfully quite, spacious and clean this room was!! We had a wonderful experience and will be going back there every time we are in the area! You can't beat the value and the friendly people working there. We already made reservations for 2 days at the end of August and a week for our 24th Anniversary in December! Don't pass this value up, you will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for three nights. The room was very comfortable; it had a nice balcony view. The beds were cozy. The room had a bit of a smell but overall we enjoyed our stay here. Breakfast was okay. They had make your own waffles, bagels, eggs, banana/apples, and English muffins. The pool was nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula G
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This motel needs major renovations. My daughters I Pod was stolen from room. There was no safe in the room. I would not stay there again. The pool was small and there was no hot tub. The one in Peigon Forge would have been a better place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
General_Manager_740, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

I apologize that you had this experience at our property, we take the safety and security of guest very seriously and we responded to this matter as soon as you brought it to our attention. This is not the usual experience our guest walk away with and we do everything we can to make sure of that. I hope you will allow me to show this the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We made a last minute decision to stay longer in Gatlinburg and got a room here for one night. We did not have much of a problem at all. The guy who checked us in was having a bad day I think, he was OK but not welcoming. The room was great. One of the best beds I have ever slept on. Clean and comfortable. We encountered the guy who checked us in in the hallways and he seemed to be in a much jollier mood. The next morning we checked out late but the manager did not bat an eye. We asked if they had any more rooms for the weekend and they did not, but they let us park in the parking lot so we could walk downtown to find some availability. Overall I feel it was good value for my money and I would return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dav192
Reviewed 20 June 2014

There are a lot of choices in Gatlinburg, but if you are looking for a cheaper alternative, this hotel fits the bill. The rooms were clean. Ours had a fireplace which we obviously didn't use in June. Also, a great location in walking distance of downtown Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I booked my stay at this hotel through Expedia. After viewing available room types (Renovated, Non-Renovated, 2 Queens, 1 King, etc.,) I selected the "Superior 1 King with a fireplace, assuming "Superior" meant "Better"... huge misrepresentation! We checked in late...abt 1:30 am. We drive a Jeep and have to completely unload when we stay anywhere. The lady at the desk told us where to park and where to find the luggage carts. We completely unloaded and went to our room, hot, road weary and exhausted. Now for the room: Positives: The room was very large with a large wrap around balcony boasting a view of the pool and river. The rest: The room was not what I expected, in fact, it was pretty gross. The bathroom light is full of dead insects, gnats were flying around, carpet stained, ironing board cover is stained, the fireplace did not work, you have to go down one floor to get ice, housekeeping puts minimal effort into cleaning, walls are painted panel, furnishings are outdated, spiders and webs on the balcony, internet has been out for two hours now and the desk clerk simply said "yes, the internet went out, I can't even check people in, you'll just have to try later", there was a discrepancy with my rate which will hopefully be corrected when I check out but us still overpriced considering the room condition was comparative to an old roadside motel. I took plenty of pictures of this room and will never stay at this hotel or reccomend it to anyone. We plan on coming back to Gatlinburg and will choose different lodging.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Wendy L
General_Manager_740, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.
I want you to know that our superior king rooms are not renovated. We have not advertised any where & also fireplace are in use from Oct to April. They are turned off during the summer season.