My sister and I just returned from Gatlinburg where we stayed at the Red Roof Inn and Suites. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel and our room. It was much nicer than I expected.
PROS: new mattresses on both beds in our room, new sheets, 3 pillows on each bed, great air conditioning, new TV, room was huge, nice balcony that overlooked the pool, etc, friendly staff at Check-In, great location, hot water for shower, water pressure pretty good, pet friendly.
CONS: Pet Friendly - our room had a pet odor. When you don't have a pet, you can smell that odor anywhere. It wasn't terrible, but it was there. The carpet really needs to be replaced - it was clean, but holds the pet odor. Also, the buttons on our phone were not all there. Not that anyone ever really uses a hotel phone, but....
I was looking for things to complain about but I just couldn't find any deal-breakers. The items in the vending machines were not even expensive like at some hotels. Parking was ample and free.
I would stay here again if I ever returned to Gatlinburg. But, the chances of that are slim and none - in my opinion, Gatlingurg has gone downhill since I was a kid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg. We are right across from "Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster" and also 1.5 miles from Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the busiest of all national parks with over 9 million visitors each year. The park offers endless outdoor activities such as downhill snow skiing, class IV whitewater rafting, golf, hiking options from 600 miles of trails, and fishing in hundreds of miles of streams. Relax at Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg while you're enjoying all Gatlinburg's restaurants, family fun museums (such as Ripley's Believe It or Not and Hollywood Star Car Museum), Dollywood Amusement Park, Splash Country, Dixie Stampede, and many, many other great attractions, fun for young and old. Year round events and concerts combine to make Gatlinburg a true entertainment destination in the beauty of the Smoky Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Gatlinburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium Hotel Gatlinburg
- Red Roof Inn And Suites Gatlinburg - Aquarium
- Wildwood Hotel Gatlinburg