Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$138
US$121
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$157
US$145
GardenInn.com
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$123
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$134
Hampton.com
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$134
Travelocity
US$112
TripAdvisor
All reviewswood panelingquiet place to relaxshort walkscreen doorheat airretro feelblow dryercleanest roomactual keysthe main dragplace to staydouble bedfull size bedsflat screen tvminor issuestayed here for two nightsplenty of hot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Pros: Excellent value, spotless, location, location, location, nostalgic. Be prepared for a step back in time; when room keys are just that, a key; when room doors could be left open to allow fresh mountain air in all night if you wished because there's also a little latch lock on the screen door (there's also a window in the bathroom so open it and the front door to really get your room mountain fresh!); wooden paneled walls & working double wooden paned windows give you a true cabin feel, quilts adorn the beds and coffee is always fresh and available in the office. Top it all off with a babbling creek and short 2 minute walk to the Village for fresh baked donuts & coffee for your morning fare. Trolley stops directly in front of the motel. Extremely close to the strip (3min walk tops,). Our teenage daughter loved the fact that we werent surrounded by loud obnoxious guests, but rather older folks who appreciated the peace and quite this place provided. She said "you know its a good place to stay when sweet old folks stay there" and she couldnt be farther from the truth!! This is a no frills, no bells, no whistles and no wallet busting place to stay & play in Gatlinburg!

Cons: unless you're looking for bells & whistles, there are no cons.

Amenities not to expect: no complimentary toiletries, no WiFi, no ironing board, no blow dryer, no breakfast, no website with more info (they still do pencil & paper bookeeping:) no 24 hr desk help or concierge.

Theres no online reservation! Call early, as far in advance as possible, as this quaint 19 room gem fills up fast!!

• Stayed: September 2013
7  Thank shelbykiser
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My wife and I recently spent the evening at Marshall's Creek Rest Motel in Gatlinburg, and we were not disappointed. She has stayed there on several occasions with her college roommate and insisted that she and I take a little overnight trip. The rooms are basic 1960s Gatlinburg, but they are spotless and comfortable. The motel is located within easy creekside walking distance to downtown, so we enjoyed a pleasant stroll through the Village and up and down the Parkway. My wife loves swimming, so she got up early the next morning for a swim in the pool. It was also spotless and quite relaxing. Perhaps our favorite part of the motel is its location right beside a beautiful mountain stream and near Mynatt Park. For all those out there who wear makeup, make sure to bring your own makeup-removal cloth, and don't forget your hairdryer. I am sure they have some in the office, but we did not ask.

Room Tip: Someday we would like to stay in the room closest to the creek, but all of the rooms are comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank StevenP1
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My son and I stayed here for two nights at the referral of a friend and we were not dissappointed. This is the only place we will be staying on future trips to Gatlinburg. The room was absolutely clean. We couldn't find dust, dirt, or anything else. The beds were comfortable although you may want to bring an extra pillow. It was very quiet and the owners and staff were very friendly. The pool was heated and very clean as well. It is in a great location being only about a 5 minute walk to the main drag. Each room has its own assigned parking space near the door to each unit. This isn't an opulent 5 star hotel like the Ritz or something, but this is the best hotel/motel accommodations we've had in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank KFCincy26
Reviewed 8 August 2013 via mobile

For the money, you couldn't find a better room. This hotel is old, but very well maintained. I dare to say that it is one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in.
Cons: no frills (which was not a con for me, we were too busy out and about to care), flat pillows (bring along some from home), strict about noise (again, no problem for me).
Pros: less then a 5 minute walk to the Village shops and the main drag, close to the busy town center but quiet, sweet little creek boarders the property, great air conditioner, awesome house keepers, cheap, and CLEAN.
My daughter and I enjoyed our morning walk to get coffee and donuts in theVillage and sitting next to the stream eating breakfast. Although the hotel appeared to be booked, I barely noticed the other guests and definitely did not hear them. I would highly recommend Marshall's and will stay here during my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank sarahg600ac
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This small motel is located about 2 blocks in from the main drag of Gatlinburg. It is a easy walk, especially if you cut through the mall "the Village" right near by. It is small, 20 rooms, and those rooms are also small, but very Cozy! Vintage wood paneled walls with retro art prints and lovely fittings are all in excellent shape. Tv and small fridge. This place is very taken care of. The rooms and the pool are all super clean. Very efficient check in, we got there Sunday afternoon and they had a note telling us what to do. My husband really appreciated the assigned parking spots in front of each room! Perfect for a couple nights stay, for a couple looking for a romantic cozy motel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple