“Marshall's Creek - very clean and budget-friendly ”

Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
Ranked #33 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Maryland
“Marshall's Creek - very clean and budget-friendly ”
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

My family of four stayed here for four nights in August 2014. We made the reservation based on TA recommendations. So glad we did. For the money, it can't be beat. The place may seem dated, but that's what gives it it's charm. Screen doors. Wood paneling. The out-dated reservation system. It all reminded us of summer camp...In a good way.

The motel is conveniently located just a few short blocks away from Gatlinburg's Main Street. We walked to most meals and shopping. Our 2-room suite was very clean and the cleaning staff did a terrific job of picking up after us each day. The grounds and pool were clean and well-maintained.

It's worth noting that the main office closes and staff leaves at 3 pm each day. If there's an issue you need to make a phone call. Also, there's no online reservation system. The process is handled via phone and snail-mail. Lastly, the motel does not have wifi.

Bottom-line, we would, without question, stay here again if our travels brought us back to Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Zoz5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My son and I just stayed at Marshall's for the second time and it is the only place in Gatlinburg that we stay. It is unbelievably clean. Even the baseboards under the beds are dust free. The room had a refrigerator, microwave, and flat screen TV with cable. Everything was out-of-the-box clean. Some of the more "homely" amenities include homemade decorations, a folded card table behind the door, screen door, and porch chairs. The pool is clean and heated. Each room has an assigned parking space in front of the unit. If this place ever closes, we may not return to Gatlinburg. It is like staying at grandma's house!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank KFCincy26
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A delightful retreat from the hubbub that is Gatlinburg, but close enough that we were able to walk into town for breakfast or some moonshine. Things we love include: screen doors on our rooms, chairs by the small creek in front and on our porch, a parking spot right in front of our door to make loading/unloading a breeze, great coffee in the motel office. The rooms were dated, but charming - the card table in our closet gives you an idea of the old-fashioned feel of the whole place. If you are looking for lots of bells & whistles, this is not the place for you. There is no hot tub (but there is an immaculately maintained pool), no internet, but it really is long on charm (and had a nice flat screen tv, to boot - not that we ever had time to turn it on). My husband was sad to leave this little motor court. We will absolutely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank luvs2plan
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband booked this place and I was not too keen by the pictures. But this place was over and beyond what I thought... It was VERY clean. I know the pictures are outdated and looks old, but hey I would rather them put pictures of what the place actually looks like vs fake ones..... The staff is very friendly and go above and beyond! One day they were litterly outside cleaning the chairs. It is very clean!!!!!!!!!!!! We will definitely stay here again in the future. The walk to the strip is close as well. Everyone we talked to has been going to this place for years, and I see why.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Dala H
Kimberly, Alabama
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My daughter and I have just returned from an AWESOME trip to Gatlinburg for her 22 birthday. We saw all the sights and had a very restful stay at Marshall's Creek. The Trentham family treats us like family when we stay with them.
The room was clean when we arrived and during the day while we were exploring the moutains it was cleaned. They have added small fridges to the rooms now which is wonderful.
This was my 10th stay at with them and we will be back.
Love, Love LOVE Marshall's Creek!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Lori L
NE Iowa
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I found this motel several years ago. I discovered it when looking at reviews of other motels in the area. Marshall's Creek does not have a web page. I was on another motels web site and the review of that motel stated that it was nice but not near as nice and clean as Marshall's Creek was. I made a reservation and stayed a week. It is the cleanest motel I have ever stayed in. I plan on spending a week there this fall. I wouldn't consider any place else

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
13 Thank bogeNEIowa
north carolina
Reviewed 16 April 2014

stayed here a few weeks ago absolutely loved the motel,its a older motel but one of the cleanest i have ever stayed in, slept very good in beds, flat screen tv,,park at your door and only a 5 minute walk to gatlinburg,,the staff was very nice,plan on staying here in future

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family