“Lovely place to stay.”

Marshall's Creek Rest Motel
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 7 February 2011

Marshall's is one of the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in. It's nothing fancy, but the friendliness and cleanliness keeps us coming back over and over again. You can't ask for a better location in downtown Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank ikex2

Reviewed 3 September 2010

We stayed here with our Mom and Dad,Had my honeymoon here then vacationed here with family for 28 yrs. till husband passed away. Then I started coming with freinds and other family members. Never had to worry that the room wasn't clean and the brothers that own it are very nice. The cleaning staff is so nice.WELL EVERYBODY IS GREAT AND THE MOTEL IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KATHYTRACY@BELLSOUTH.NET [--]

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank kathytracy
Reviewed 27 May 2010

My family has been staying at Marshall's for over 50 years (before I was born), and both of my sisters and I learned to swim in their pool.  This is our family favorite, and we've been known to book over 9 rooms  for family reunions.  Marshall's is the cleanest motel I've ever seen.  It is a short walk into town... very close to the Village shopping area.   The owners, Lonnie and Clyde, welcome you like family and make you feel at home.  You can't beat the rates and location on Baskins Creek.  We love to sit under the shade trees along the creek and spend a leisurely afternoon.  Marshall's is not a luxury motel, but it is all we need.... Clean, quiet, quaint, and close to town.   I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else unless they were completely booked.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank teacherNthebluegrass
Reviewed 6 May 2010

The motel was pleasent and clean but I had riden there with my wife on our motocycle and arrived on a friday April 30,2010 the weekend Nashville was hit with all the rain and flooding and it was moving east. I told the manager that I might leace on Sunday instead of the Monday as I had over four hundred miles to ride and did not want to ride in the ride that far for safety reasons. The manager told me if he could rent my room he would not charge me . This did not happen and I was charged So it apperars to me my wife and my safety was not important to this quy/owner to pass up $40. and as it turn out it did rain that monday and were glad we left Sunday. Bikers take note

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank spdjmd
Reviewed 28 December 2009

Don't expect fancy. What you get here is a simple room with a great price that is absolutely clean as a pin. It is run by very nice people and has a great house keeping staff. This is a very old motel but the upkeep on it is amazing.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Damien210
Reviewed 29 November 2009

We found this by flipping through the phone book and had to see a room for the price. We will not stay anywhere else now. Its just an old fashioned place thats clean and quiet but yet within close walking distance to the center of town. We have stayed and just looked @ other rooms in gatlinburg and for the location and price you will not find anything better and the staff are all friendly!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2009

We have been staying at Marshall's for almost 30 years usually twice a year and would not consider staying anyplace else. When our kids were still at home they loved the pool and the creek that runs along the road. Our family and friends also enjoy staying here when they come to Gatlinburg. Lonnie, Clyde & Betty are very nice people and make you feel like you are part of the family. There is nothing fancy, but you will not find a cleaner place in town. Very convenient to downtown and the mountains.

Ron & Sandy