“Great location in the Smokies!”
Review of Tree Tops Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tree Tops Resort
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Great location in Gatlinburg, in a wooded area on a hill directly adjacent to one of the borders of Great Smoky Mtns. National Park. The official park entrance is 5 minutes away if there's no traffic; 10 minutes with traffic. The staff at Tree Tops was very friendly and helpful. We didn't participate in the resort activities but there are daily events. Our 2-bedroom unit was spacious, very comfortable and had a great view of "tree tops" around the resort from the balcony. The unit was also very well-equipped for cooking and serving 6 people. There are indoor and outdoor pools. We especially appreciated the indoor pool where our family, including our grandchildren, played for hours. Our only complaint was that the internet service was extremely slow. When I asked about it, I was told it was due to the location, however, part of our family stayed at an inexpensive motel at the bottom of the same hill and internet service there was excellent. We would highly recommend Tree Tops to anyone wanting to vacation near the Smokies.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank VagabondBetty

Reviewed 12 August 2011

Tree Tops is located in a unique mountainside of Gatlinburg. Because of it’s location on Roaring Fork Road there is little tourist or native traffic in the area, and a second approach will provide superior grocery stores and restaurants without the bother of the downtown traffic chaos.

Tree Tops offers a first rate product, that is well maintained and managed. Tree Tops is constructed on property bordering the Great Smoky Mountains. We prefer the two bedroom and two bathroom with private balconies over-looking the Roaring Fork river (actually, a very dynamic trout fishing stream). We do not prefer the single units higher up on the mountain. The kitchens are well designed, and the units tend to be smaller than we prefer. An obvious complaint is the lack of unit washers and dryers (we have become very particular over the past 25 years). Imagine setting on a private balcony with morning coffee and viewing truly magnificent mountains and a large mountain stream.

The property is a bit dated; WiFi has recently been added.And the lack of unit washer and dryers is a real problem.The second bedroom is in radical need of a king size bed makeover. The master BR also demands a kingsize bed.

The imaginative and sincere beauty of The Great Smoky Mountains, the many trails, the waterfalls, the scenic beauty is the irenic reason for our continual visits.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SavantIII_11
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Just returned from a great trip to TreeTops and the Smoky Mts. Own here and usually come evey other year but exchaneged with other owner this year to be able to bring grandkids before school started. Got to stay in Building 5 along the creek but big drawback was with 2 tots 3 & under they were able to stick heads between rails so doors remained shut. The twin matresses were awful but generally I so tired from hiking in the beautiful mts I managed to zonk out. We did a hike every other day and played at the resort the other days. One day at OberGatlinburg-pretty expensive. Go early and stay late to get your money's worth. Not much for the wee ones so don't buy the adult ticket just to take them.
Several days after we left the resort they called to tell us we had left personal items in the room and we made arrangements to get them shipped home-great service!
Loved the WiFi upgrade and kids alternated between pools (kiddie pool at upper pool & playground at lower pool). Waterfall in upper pool not working so we didn't get our regular photo shot but hopefully next time.
Love the quietness and sound of the creek. Short walk and you are in the National Forest.

4  Thank CJs_Nana_Enon
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Situated along Roaring Fork Creek and less than 3/4 mile from the parkway Tree Tops is in a quite convenient location. The staff is friendly and helpful. But, even they can not overcome many facts. Tree Tops is showing its age. Being a time share property, maybe it is time for a special assessment. From replacing worn mattress to painting rusting rails, just a little more TLC would return Tree Tops into the " destination" category and away from "avoid".
As an owner's guest I can not speak to value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank 1ticoboy
Reviewed 3 August 2011

My family and I stayed at Tree Tops in late July 2011. Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. The cabin was very clean and nicely decorated. It was easy to find but a little farther outside of town than we would have liked to have been. The Murphy bed upstairs was surprisingly comfortable, and the king-size bed downstairs was great. The view from the top deck was amazing! The biggest downfall is that the cabin is very close to several other cabins. It was listed as secluded on the website, so I didn't expect to have neighbors right next door and overlooking us on the hill. The group of cabins is secluded, I guess, but we were looking for a little more privacy. All in all, everything was great, and we had a nice, relaxing weekend in the Smokies.

2  Thank LuckyClover11
Reviewed 3 August 2011

We had a late check in and the sign and papers said to pick up the phone for help with checking in. Well, the phone had been torn out of the wall. I had to search on line for the number in Pigeon Forge and then someone came. I had a long stay of 23 days and had to move 5 times. Each time was fine and I was required to be out of my room by the 11:00 checkout and felt rushed with their phonecalls starting at 10:30. However, on my last move I was ready at 10:30 and was not allowed to put my things in the new room like I was before. My entire day was spent waiting for the room to be done. I expressed my frustration to the management. I asked for some kind of compensation for my wasted day. I would have been satisfied with a fruit basket or gift card out to eat, but I got nothing. So I asked for monetary compensation because I was not able to use that day's tickets to Dollywood. Karrie, the manager, treated me with disrespect and said that it was a privilege to stay there and I shouldn't want any compensation. She refused. She was quite rude. An apology wasn't even given. My suggestion is that they hire more housekeepers and hire more organized and friendly management. If you are only going to stay a week. This is a great place. However, the pool shut down at 10:00 for children even if they were with a parent and the trolley stop is not walking distance.

6  Thank Ann33450
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed for a week in building 9 and had views of the mountains and the pool. We loved everything about this resort except the visit by someone "conducting a survey about our stay." NOT! Gayla was from VIP sales and pretty much tried to bully us into buying a timeshare. The 20 minutes spent talking with her were the only negative part of the trip. I wish I had told her to leave sooner but I was too polite. Enough of her, be warned though.

The facility is older but everything is well-maintained and clean. Laundry is free and there are lots of things to do on-site--basketball, swimming, putting, etc. There is a Food City nearby which made it nice have meals just as a family. You are in the mountains and only 15 minute drives to 2 entrances to the park.

Enjoy your stay! We'll be back for sure (but not as timeshare owners!) :)

2  Thank Family_from_MI