“Wonderful”
Review of Tree Tops Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Tree Tops Resort
Reviewed 13 February 2009

I purchased this timeshare in October 2008. I paid a low fee from the previous owners, so I knew that I was getting a great deal. They had not gone to the resort in 2008, so I was able to use their time provided I came before February. I did and the complex is huge and extremely well maintained. I already have a reservation for December 2009, since it will be Winterfest in the Smokies. I am glad I purchased this property and am very satisifed. The units, grounds, and staff were more than I expected.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 January 2009

We had a great family vacation (me, my husband and our girls ages 9 and 13) at Tree Tops in Gatlinburg. This was our first trip to the Smoky Mountains and we loved the National Park, Cherokee, Dollywood and Gatlinburg. Tree Tops is an older resort, but very well maintained. The only complaint was that the girls did not have a TV in their room, but we really didn't spend much time in the unit. The pool was just outside and there was so much to do in the area. It felt secluded while practically being in town.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2008

We bought a timeshare here not knowing what we were in for, just looking for a getaway close to home. Since I only paid $900 for a 2BR unit, it didn't really matter how nice it was, although I was hoping for nice.

I love the area. The unit had 2 full baths, 2 BRs, and a pull out sofa in the LR. The unit was clean. All the amenities were there. My only gripes were the bed was painfully hard and there were no pool towels.

The area was beautifull. I'd spend more time hiking to the park, which was a short walk away. We got the wifi from our room, which was in Bldg 4a, across the road from the activities room. The activities were limited, but we're not really into that stuff. It was enough for 4 kids aged 5-12.

I had no problems with the staff. Most were pretty friendly.

Overall, we had a great time and are looking forward to next year.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank dragonlili
Reviewed 6 July 2008

We were so pleased with the 2 bedroom condo, pools, playground, swings beside the stream, the many gas grills and picnic tables and staff. The grounds are beautifully tucked in the trees, mountain cliff and the stream. There has been flower boxes added to the rails, rock gardens, fountains and wonderfully made swings placed all around the grounds. Everyone was very nice and answered questions concerning how to avoid traffic and crowds. We stayed in building 1 which has new furniture, glass top stove and ample cookware. We were turely amazed at how great the property has been maintained. We are member of Disney vacation club and did a trade for the Tree Tops. We were only asked one time about attending a free breakfast and getting $75.00 free, we said no for fear of being trapped in a sales promotion. The man was very nice and even continued talking to us about our plans and answering questions concerning Gatlinburg. We were never asked again to participate in a "sales". We will stay here again! The resort is to far to walk to Gatlinburg however it is a easy drive and there are ample parking for $5.00. The resort offered several great planned activities such as homemade ice cream, hamburger cookout, potluck supper, make a craft and visitors from area shows. I would have liked to participated but we were gone each day with already planned activities. You may want to call ahead and find out what will be going on during your stay so that you can plan according to. The resort would be great to relax at all day or each evening. Their our grills and picnic tables located right beside the pool, hot tub, stream and playground. so you can relax while keeping an eye on the children. So go and relax - you might just see a bear! A cub was spotted walking thru.

1  Thank tbr438
Reviewed 21 June 2008

We stayed 5 nights at the Tree Tops Resort in Gatlinburg, TN. Overall, we liked it very much. The staff was friendly, the accomidations were nice, and the pool was very enjoyable. I would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2007

We did an exchange with RCI to Tree Tops Resort in Gatlinburg, TN. We were only there 3 days, but wish we could have stayed longer. My parents and my family were so pleased with our 2 bed-room/loft chalet high on the hill! The "pedastal" unit was so cute and roomy, we really enjoyed our time spent in our room. It was the Christmas season, so the towns were glistening with lights and decorations. We did some shopping and had wonderful meals - highly recommend the Park Grill (Love the Moonshine Chicken). This is a resort we will definitely return to in the future and recommend to anyone looking for a nice place to stay. As I said, roomy, very clean, extremely quiet and nicely located to attractions. We had no idea until we arrived, that we were going to stay in a seperate villa unit and it really made our trip! The staff was outstanding, on the phone prior to our arrival, during check-in and check-out as well. I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2007

We recently stayed here for a week after booking through RCI. The location is wonderful, terrific view, quiet area but close to all of the attractions. Those are the positives. On check in the staff was incredibly rude as if we were keeping them from something else, there was not an elevator in our building which was good exercise but not when you are trying to carry a weeks worth of luggage up and down 3 flights of stairs. The description said we were to have a washer/dryer in our condo which was not so but you could use the laundry room 2 buildings over for free. We had a 2 bedroom which was to accomodate up to 6 people but with only 1 full bathroom. Overall a good place for a weekend but not for a week long vacation for more than 2 people.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family