“Motel 6 Gatlinburg”

Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains
Ranked #57 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Excellent value for price in a prime location, you can walk almost anywhere in downtown Gatlinburg from here. Room was clean, the light over the sink didn't work but that would be our only complaint. Their pet policy is a bit different than most motel 6s, only one pet and a weight limit of 25 pounds though so you need to know that before you go.

Room Tip: try for a first floor if you are traveling with a pet, as the open stairs are scary, it is in a ver...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SandraNQuebeck

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I went to Gatlinburg to meet with family. I stayed here because it was close by to my brother's hotel & close to downtown. I had a absolutely wonderful stay. The room was big, clean, & very comfortable. I slept wonderful. The staff was very nice & helpful. I would most definitely & highly recommend this motel because of all that I mentioned previously, plus the rate of the room was very reasonable & good. Thanks for a great weekend!!!!!!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RickyDewayne
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Presidential suite and the rest of our family stayed in 2 other rooms in the hotel. The features of the room were a full kitchen, living room, and heart shaped hot tub. Wifi was included and was a decent speed but the 1st night we were unable to access it. The microwave, stove and refrigerator all worked. The hot water did not work in our suite for our entire 3 night stay so we were completely unable to use the hot tub or the shower in our room. We informed the front desk staff about the hot water issue on two separate occasions and one time they came up and tested all the sinks and said the owner would take care of it but the issue was not resolved during our stay. Another issue was that a past occupant had broken off a metal prong from a plug in one of the electrical outlets which was a potential electrocution hazard. This issue was also brought up twice during our stay and wasn't fixed. There was a fireplace but no wood to put in it and I'm not sure where one would have gotten wood for it. If not for the friendly staff, low price, relative cleanliness of the room, and our need for somewhere for our family members to eat and hang out we would have quit this place after the 1st night.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MichaelKelley
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I liked it very convenient to get to the strip. I thought it was good. The lady working was very nice. I was happy and satisfied for the money we paid. The lady gave us a personal coffee pot and that was great I love coffee. Me and my fiance thought it was just maitnace that might have had some problems. Other than that the room was nice and clean. Smeeled good for a smokers room. And was nice to go out side and hear and see the creak. I would reccommed this place to people if ur not looking for it all to fancy. We got a plan room but they do have rooms with fire places and persanal hot tubs. Thanks for the stay

Liz langlois

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

Hotel is older, but the room was clean and large. Beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Not much of a walk to the main strip. It's slightly up hill on the way back, so keep that in mind. Only problem I had with the room was that the toilet wouldn't stop running, but all in all, not bad for the $$'s spent.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Stayed in Gatlinburg Motel 6 again this year the last week in October. The evening clerk was very friendly and told me of the "resident bear" that frequented the area every night-- "be careful with the two dogs"! Indeed the bear passed our room every night, but after MN so we were tucked in. The room was great, housekeeping excellent, and as we checked out clerk thanked us for coming . Already planning next year's trip. Motel 6 is a great place for for us.

Room Tip: Rooms have been great every visit
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

It is very close to downtown, and to Texas Roadhouse, my favorite steak restaurant. The clerk was quite friendly. The room was clean, and quite. What is amazing, there are two black bears seeking for food around. They are safe, and never attack people (I was told so). They usually show up after dark in fall, searing for food to prepare the coming dormance.

Room Tip: No elevator. So if you have big luggages, book the 1st-floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family