“Renovations good. Clean up not so good”

Motel 6 Gatlinburg Smoky Mountains
Ranked #55 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Georgetown, South Carolina, United States
“Renovations good. Clean up not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The room itself was as pictured online. Newly renovated but not completely cleaned. The refrigerator was not working however they did bring us a small one from another room. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. I was disappointed in the outside appearance. The location was only a couple blocks from main street which was nice so we walked. As you got closer to the motel other buildings were run down and my first impression was 0MG..what have I booked. For the money it was workable.. My husband made me feel better about staying there so we made the best of the situation. Would I stay again? No! We had our baby with us (mini schnauzer) Izzy. Gatlinburg is NOT very pet friendly. We did not let that ruin our vacation.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kay W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I'm writing this review ten months late (we stayed here last April), but I'm in the process of making a reservation to stay here again this March. My husband and I, and our dog, stayed last year in a King room in the back building, near the pool. The room was very clean and extremely quiet. We were on the first floor with occupied rooms all around us and we didn't hear any noise, except outside noise. They are very pet-friendly and don't charge extra for the pet. We encountered a few employees during our stay and they were all very pleasant and helpful. If you need more amenities than clean and comfortable, look elsewhere. For my money, this Motel 6 can't be beat!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Holiday, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Thanks to the affordable rates at Motel 6 we were able to make two ski trips in January. We stayed a total of 12 nights and were able to ski almost every day. We travel with our dog and have stayed at some nice cabins and condos, but the prices have been cutting our trips shorter over the past few years. This Motel 6 in not fancy but has a friendly staff, is clean, and was just what we were looking for. It is in a great location with plenty of room to walk our dog down by the stream. Just a short walk into downtown Gatlinburg, we were able to carry our skis and take the tram one day when the road was frozen up to the ski resort. I highly recommend this motel if you love to ski and want an affordable, convenient place to sleep.

Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We had a great stay. Everything was clean and well organized. The bedding was nice. We had one towel that had spots, but it still smelled clean. Very helpful/friendly staff. The heater worked GREAT!! Will definitely stay on our next trip, since we go to Gatlinburg every 6-8 months. We are also sending my in-laws to this motel for a getaway in the next couple of months.

1 Thank 0126Tamara
Red Bay, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Great location and a great price, If you want to stay in a 5 star don't bother with motel 6, if you want a safe, clean, and very affordable place to stay on your vacation this is the place to stay. Was very clean, and the staff was great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jake S
Athens, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

The best thing about this motel is the location. Walking to downtown Gatlinburg is only ~0.5 mile. However, the rooms are terribly outdated, generally uncomfortable, and only minimally "clean". The sheets on the beds feel rough and look extremely tacky, though they did seem to at least be clean. The shower had not been cleaned. I found several strands of long hair in there, as well as a wet dirty washcloth. There was a large booger (in plain sight, not hidden at all) on the front of one of the lamps, near the switch.

The refridgerater was poorly designed (primarily for cans, not for food), which was inconvenient for to-go boxes, Tupperware containers brought from home, two-liter drinks, etc. No continental breakfast is provided, but there is coffee in the lobby.

There are no blinds in the window, just a large single panel curtain, so there's no in-between as far as letting natural light in and privacy goes.

All rooms are pet friendly, but there's a 25 lb. weight limit and only one dog allowed per room. Dogs must not be left unattended in the room. There is a designated dog walking area, which was nice.

The front desk staff were minimally friendly, but generally helpful. I did have an incident with one of the cleaning staff while I was there. As I was loading my car, a man followed me out to my car to ask me in very broken English what hotel room I was staying in. I was very creeped out by his following me, and felt this was information I did not need to give out to him. I replied that I was leaving soon (an hour ahead of check-out time), but his questioning me made me feel very uneasy, rushed, and unwelcome. As I went back to my room, he followed me to the bottom of the stairs and watched me the whole way up as I walked back to my room, I suppose to get the answer to his question. As a young female, I was extremely intimidated of this cleaning staff. I understand he was waiting to clean the room, but do not understand why he could not have communicated with other hotel staff to find out which room to clean and when.

While the old saying goes "you get what you pay for", there are other hotels around the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area which run for the same price and have much better value.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the creek have a nice view, especially from the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I chose this motel because I was passing through for one night, and it seemed to be the cheapest one which allowed pets. The room was very big and clean and the woman at checkin was very nice and helpful in suggesting a place to go for dinner. I would definitely stay here again if I was on a budget.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends