“I will return”

Ranked #56 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Alger, Michigan
“I will return”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I liked that the motel was away from the busyness of downtown Gatlinburg, yet, was close enough to walk there.The room was large and clean, staff was very nice and helpful. Internet was not so good but who goes to the Smokey Mountains to stay in the room on the computer anyway, so it wasn't really a problem. It was a quiet and comfortable place and was good value for the rates.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My family and I stayed here during a weekend at spring break. We didn't spend a lot of time in the rooms but it was a nice and clean place to stay. My only complaint is there isn't enough parking. There are some rooms that overlook a Creek which sounds so peaceful when the windows are open. I would definitely stay there again

• Stayed March 2014
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed 2 April 2014

After traveling across the country (with some horrid hotel experiences along the way) I was in serious need of R&R in the mountains. Motel 6 in Gatlinburg has an ideal location because it is set back from the traffic and 'fair like' downtown (still within walking distance of restaurants/attractions, just quieter). It is an affordable hotel, especially for a tourist area and being so close to the park. We walked the Gatlinburg Trail into the Smokies from half a block from the Motel 6. The rooms are comfortable and clean with a mini-fridge and microwave. When we had problems with the shower (the temperature was only boiling hot) maintenance promptly fixed it. A great deal in the Smokies.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ynpgal77
Kingsport, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 March 2014

It's a clean and well priced hotel. It's not a close to the parkway as I'd wanted, but that's a rather trivial thing considering how much walking I do in Gatlinburg anyways. One of the best features I thought was there's a designated pet walking area at the rear of the hotel that's a fairly nice nature walk.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife our little dog and myself stayed at motel 6 for our 35th anniversary. The room was great the people were friendly, and pet loving. It meant a lot for us to be able to take our pet with us. People in town were asking where we were staying with a pet, cause they couldnt find a hotel that allowed it. We gladly told them Motel 6. I have the feeling that motel 6 in Gatlinburgh will see more pet owners in the future. Thanks motel 6, you made our stay more enjoyable by allowing us to bring our doggie to stay with us. He had a great time also. Once again, THANK YOU MOTEL 6

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed at this Motel 6 a few weeks ago and it was perfect!!!!! We have three daughters and 2 dogs and the room fit us like a glove. It had hardwood floors and a balcony that we could sit at and enjoy coffee and listen to the creek. The employees were very helpful and friendly!! We will definitely recommend this hotel to others and stay there again on our next travel in to Gatlinburg!!

Room Tip: End room is fantastic!!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 21 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here. We usually stay in Pigeon Forge. We stayed here to save money and based on the pictures it looked nice. That is not reality. The parking situation is just horrible. The shower had mold, the lamp on the desk had no bulb, microwave didn't work and the worst part was bug bites. Don't know if it was fleas or bed bugs. I talked to the manager and he told me he was going to call an exterminator and do an investigation and get back to me. I have yet to hear from him or anyone. I even showed him the bites on my arms and legs and he acted mortified. Yea right! My wife works for a travel agency and has advised her clients to avoid this hotel. The sheets never got changed until I told the maid to do it after the 2nd day and the gap underneath the door was at least 4 inches. After talking to other visitors, they had similar issues. It's worth the extra money to stay elsewhere for the piece of mind.

• Stayed March 2014
4 Thank Victor B

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels