“Moldy”

Smoky Mountain Farms Jelly House
Ranked #17 of 143 Shopping in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 28 August 2013

My daughter brought me home some pumpkin butter this weekend and much to my disappointment, when I opened it the top was moldy :(

lhbears, Owner at Smoky Mountain Farms Jelly House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

We are very sorry that you received a jar that had not sealed properly. Occasionally, we do have issues with some of our lids, but we do our best to make quality, old fashioned jams and jellies for our customers. Please contact us any time you feel you have received a product that is not up to par, and we will gladly replace or refund your purchase. Also, your input helps us to check for problems in our processing and to prevent future issues. Thank you for your input, and we hope to be able to make this "right" for you and all of our customers.

All reviews
"huckleberry"
"cherry"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Nothing made here. Most there syrups have no real syrup in them, just corn syrup and sugar. Jellies had little flavor and lots of sugar. People working weren't very friendly or helpfully. Would not recommend waiting your time here.

Almost all of our Jams, Jellies, Preserves, Butters and Syrups are made right here in our shop. We use only pure cane sugar and do not use any corn syrup in our products. We strive to use only the best quality fruits and concentrates to produce our products and try to provide a variety to suit every taste. We are sorry that you did not feel that the employees were friendly or interested in your visit. We realize that our customers experience is the most important goal of our business, and want to have friendly and outgoing staff in our store. Please let us know when you feel that you have not received "great customer service". We will do everything possible to make improvements. Hopefully, you will give us a chance to change your mind about us the next time you are in Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I purchased 2 small containers of jelly from here. I brought them home and the next weekend I opened one for the first time it was the Pumpkin butter,it was molded on top,so I opened the 2nd jar which was moonshine jelly and it too was molded on top. They must have some type of issue with their lids or improper sealing. Use caution when buying items from there,you may want to open them before you leave the store.

2  Thank Tricia W
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Awesome place! A must for my family whenever we come to gatlinburg. It's the first place I recommend to anyone I know traveling here as well. Don't miss out :)