“Not what I thought”

Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not what I thought”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

After reading the good reviews, I was looking forward to checking this place out. We checked into a room with a fireplace and hot tub. What did it for me was the musty smell. I couldn't get past it, I tried. The carpet was wet around the hot tub so we promptly told the front desk. They apologized and moved us to another room similar. Well, the smell was the same although the carpet wasn't wet. So I decided to deal with it and bought some scented candles in hopes of covering it up. I'm not sure if I got the migraine from all the candles or the musty smell or both. The wallpaper in the shower was peeling off and the hair dryer mount was holding on for dear life with one nail. These rooms need some attention to say the least. I was not impressed with anything. I chose this hotel after reading all the great reviews so this left me very disappointed. We checked out the next day and got a cabin. Problem solved. We won't be going back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank kramborj

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great view of the river. Loved the babbling of water over the rocks, sat on the balcony for hours. Close to Trout house restaurant. Easy walk to the center of activities. Clean room, friendly staff, fair prices, very accommodating for motorcycles.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Zoders Inn and Suites was a great place to stay! My boys loved staying at Zoders. The pool area was very nice. I liked how their was a small 1ft deep pool which my 19 month old enjoyed. The rooms were very nice and spacious, and the balcony over looked a beautiful stream. It was located within walking distance of all the shops in Gatlinburg, but was away from the noise! I would recommend this hotel to any family visiting the Smokies.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Waynetown
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here on the 1st of june. The women at the front desk are so friendly. We love the porches over the river. Some say the rooms are outdated i felt like i was stepping back in time to when i was little coming to gatlinburg with my parents. If you smoke be sure to ask for a smoking room as you cant smoke even out on the porches. We will be back next year!

• Stayed June 2014
Washington Court House, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We have been going to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for 40 years and have always been tempted to stay here. We'll we finally did and to our surprise it was a very pleasant experience. It is older and with that being said it is not perfect but the charm of the grounds and the coziness in general made Zoders a place that we will repeat again and again. The heated bathroom floors are an additional plus to the room. The river made our evenings enjoyable and the kids loved being outside and in the pools. The breakfast is very limited but has a nice personal touch with the attendant waiting on each individual. This eliminates the nastiness of a buffet. Pick up the "free trolley" for your travels up and back the main strip in Gatlinburg. It's right in front of Zoders. Staff pretty friendly for the most part, this is why I didn't give 5 stars. Some staff members were just there!!! The small, small little housekeeping complaint was a little dust and in general wear on the room. These negatives are nothing to keep me away. I hope this has helped make your decision easier. Happy travels.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jjas0004
Stella, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I took my daughters and we had a fantastic stay at Zoder's. The rooms are nice. They have comfy beds, are in walking distance to all shops downtown Gatlinburg, have free wine and cheese from 5-7, cookies and milk for the kids from 8-10pm, and a nice continental breakfast. The indoor pool has a waterfall, wooden bridge, and a hot tub. We enjoyed the outside pool during the day. This is a great place to stay and the balcony over the stream was very relaxing.

• Stayed June 2014
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

It was a bit hard to tell from the website how spacious the king suite was but we were pleasantly surprised. It was very roomy and well designed with the Murphy bed in its own room. Nice pools and very cool setting tucked a little out of the way of the busy part of town but close enough to walk to. Would definitely go back again!!!

Stayed June 2014