“Excellent stay!”

Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Radford, Virginia
“Excellent stay!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I always wanted to stay at this hotel from the time I first went to Gatlinburg in the 1980s. At that time, it was a Best Western. We finally had the chance to stay over the July 18 weekend. We were very impressed. The room, while small, was very clean and had modern amenities. TONS of drawer space, bed comfortable, pillows plush, bathroom clean. We enjoyed the creekside room as well as the outdoor pool, indoor pool, and hot tub. The extra amenities such as cookies and milk at night set Zoder's apart from other hotels.

If you want a reasonably-priced, clean, convenient, quiet hotel, Zoder's is the place. The negative reviews are , in my opinion, picky and not justified. This isn't the Ritz Carlton - don't expect such amenities.

For the value, quietness, and extra offerings, we will stay here again on a return trip to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ecologist633

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at Zoder's Inn twice before, this was our 3rd time. Clean rooms overlooking the creek. Indoor and outdoor pools. Nice continental breakfast. This time I forgot 2 Coach purses in our room when we checked out. I called them and they sent them to me in the mail. They included the note from housekeeping saying what room they found it in as well as date & time!

Stayed June 2014
6 Thank Lola T
Linden,Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We spent 2 nights here last week and it was gorgeous.We had a room right next to the creek with a small balcony where you could sit and enjoy the sound of the water. The room was nice sized for the 4of us. They have both indoor and outdoor pools to enjoy. A grill that you can use to cook on by the creek. The location was great, it is a the one end of the strip but we walked the entire strip several times and really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Barb R
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We had a great time. Our room had its
own jacuzzi and was very large and in excellent condition. They work hard at making sure your stay is great. You can take the trolley from there into the town to make it easy. We used that as the central point between Gatlinburg and Pigeon forge. Would definitely go again

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bill H
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Zoder's is one of the older hotels in Gatlinburg. Looks like they have updated the hotel. Love that I could get a room with a balcony and a stream view, exactly what I wanted!! Love they have a little BBQ area with grill, swing and view of the stream. I wasn't expecting that! Wine and cheese in the early eve and milk and cookies before bed. cool! Indoor and outdoor pool, exercise room, racquetball. Never expected all of that and a washerette! That's nice to have available. We had a 2 double bed room(a little small) but comfortable. They do have bigger rooms. I loved the view! I love the Smoky Mountains. The people in the office were very nice and helpful and so were the maids. It's a nice little place, quiet and still very close to the main part of gatlinburg, in walking distance. I slept very comfortable. I wish the room had a microwave, though but they had everything else. It's not a 5 star but oh so close! stayed in july 2014. I'll be back hopefully next year!

Room Tip: room with balcony and stream view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Teresa G
Fort Campbell, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I love to travel and we have had so many great experience with hotels in the past, my husband is military and he is getting ready to deploy so we decided to take a weekend trip to the mountains, normally we would have stayed in a cabin but this was last minute. I chose the placed based on the amenities, i was picturing something much more. The hotel itself was ok very out dated, though and very misleading. My biggest complaint was the service, the manager was very disrespectful, the staff members were not help at all and very unprofessional. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
8 Thank sheena_chattam
ZodersMgmt, General Manager at Zoders Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Ms. Chatham:
We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Zoder's Inn. When you booked with us, I was the one to make the reservation.and we talked about the amenties and the type of room you would be reserving. Our goal at Zoder's Inn,isto be to upfront with our guests about our property so they are not disappointed when they arrive. Regarding the staff, I apologize that you thought you were being treated disrespectfully.I have posted your review and it will be used as a learning tool.
I was the one that checked you out, and I am sorry these issues were not addressed at that time,
Respectfully, Jamie Holland General Manager
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel over three days while my family reunion was in town. The first the I noticed was that the room was very dated. It was clean though. The seal on the door to my balcony was hanging out from the door. As I went to checkout the view from my balcony I noticed some wasp buzzing around and as I looked for the source to my amazement there were some very large nest just a few feet away . Also when the exhaust and light was on in the restroom the light kept flickering as if there was a electrical issue. I feel that the pictures they have on there site are some what deceiving and don't really reflect the rooms condition. Also they do not have microwaves in the rooms which I thought was pretty standard. Like I said in the beginning the best I can say is that the room was clean.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family