Chalet Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
River Edge Motor Lodge(Gatlinburg)
Old Creek Lodge(Gatlinburg)
Riverhouse Motels(Gatlinburg)
Quality Inn(Gatlinburg)
  • Pool
All reviewswalking distancenew carpeta king size bedspacious roomspace needlegreat roomgreat weekendopened the dooroff the stripober gatlinburgwould stay againwonderful staycoffee makerthe smoky mountainsthe main dragbeardumpster
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I don't even know where to begin. I am so disappointed in this place. The first night we got here, our remote didn't work. This is a petty little thing, so we just asked the front desk for a new one. She instead called maintenance. We waited two hours for him to arrive, and called back and said we didn't want him to come anymore because it was already too late and we wanted to settle in for the night. We got a call 30 minutes later saying he was coming anyways. Since he was already here, we agreed to let him in and he gave us a new remote. Since he was already in the room, we asked him to replace the bulb in one of our lights because it was making a terrible clicking noise and was flashing. He took it out and said that since it was so late, that we didn't need it and he would just take out the flickering bulb. He was very unprofessional and smelled terribly of cigarette smoke. So since we got those problems resolved we were going to let it all slide. That is, until tonight. We were sleeping, because it was 10:00 at night. We got a knock at the door. We didn't answer because we were not expecting anyone and we were still trying to figure out if it actually was a knock at our door. We didn't get time to think about answering it, BECAUSE SOMEONE WALKED INTO OUR ROOM YELLING MAINTENANCE. Mind you, we had the do not disturb sign up. He needed to come onto our balcony to fix the wifi. This place is a joke. The men were not even wearing uniforms. My fiancé went down to the front desk, and was told to talk to a manager on the phone. The manager, Brian, kept cutting him off and would not listen to all of the problems we were having. Instead of asking details about the people who have given us problems or details about the problems so that he could fix them. He just asked what we wanted out of this. He said he would give us two nights free anytime in the future. I don't even want this because I would pay the $80 a night to NOT come back here. Corporate will be getting a call in the morning. This is absolutely horrendous and not how a business should be ran at all. After this incident with the people walking into our room, I do not feel safe leaving my belongings in the room when I leave any longer. It seems as of the do not disturb sign has no meaning in this establishment. I guess I will be packing my belongings into my car everyday before I go anywhere from now on.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank Emily L
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The lady at the front desk was very nice and very helpful the manager was one straight up gut had family emergency and had to leave a day early gave me my total refund for the day I wasn't gonna be able to stay rooms were clean and the view of the river from the balcony was great family had a great time

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank River6464
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Stayed here for a final night in the smokies. Had a hard time finding a room for the night and this is where we ended up. Hotel staff was friendly. Room was older but you can tell they had tried to spruce it up as much as they could on a budget. The stream view and patio we had on the stream was really nice. Beds were comfy but the top. Could have been cleaned a little better around the edges. Wifi worked part of the day we checked in but quit during the night and was out all day the next day. Hotel is in a good location, would stay again for a night but not any longer than that.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CarGuyNC
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The only thing Fabulous about this place was it's in Gatlinburg.Other than that this place is a DUMP.The room was not what we ask for,they were doing work on the place which started at 6:00am.The toilet was UNDER the sink's counter which made it real fun to try and sit on.I would sleep in my car before I would ever stay here again.

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank richardmoondogg58
Reviewed 25 June 2014

When looking at the room online and reading reviews they had very mixed reviews. I booked a room with 2 queen beds, when I got there I was notified that my room i had booked was unavailable and I had been upgraded to a 2 queen suite at no extra charge. When we got to the building we had a little trouble finding the room. We did not know that rooms was outside and down the stairs on the back side of the building and after 2 trips looking we finally found it, but was very pleasantly surprised! The room had been completely upgraded. It had a living room, kitchen, bath, and bedroom and was very nice for no more than we had paid ($49.99 plus tax) for the night! The location was also very private and relaxing!

Room Tip: Not sure if all rooms are being upgraded or not but I would ask for a remodeled room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends