Buckhorn Inn
US$138
US$121
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites on the River(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$157
US$145
GardenInn.com
The Edgewater Hotel(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$123
Hampton Inn Gatlinburg(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$134
Hampton.com
US$309
Agoda.com
Zoders Inn & Suites(Gatlinburg)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$134
Travelocity
US$112
TripAdvisor
All reviewstower roomthe cottagesnature trailbebb housepremier roomtraditional roomlindsay housemount lecontescreened porchback porchthe smoky mountainsmountain housegracious hostseach morningbed and breakfasteach guestspent two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2008

My wife and I received a recommendation to stay at Buckhorn Inn from her parents. We were looking to get away and recharge our batteries since we are fairly new to the parenting routine; our two sons are 4 years and 17 months old.

The drive to Buckhorn Inn can be scenic or simple since they provide you excellent options on how to get there. We chose the easy route because we really wanted to get there and relax.
Buckhorn Inn is nestled back in a wooded area, yet very conveniently located to State Route 321, which will get you into Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge with ease.

My wife and I were very impressed by the accommodations and the very friendly staff. Our room was simply beautiful and luxurious even though it wasn't the top of the line room. Buckhorn Inn impressed me in many ways, but mostly because it was the comfort of home, the scenic beauty you crave and luxury you need to recharge. We aren't the sentimental couple you might picture being at a luxurious Bed and Breakfast, but I certainly desire the comforts that Buckhorn Inn provides. To be more specific, we all have experienced the feeling of a hotel towel. They can be rough and uninviting to use. However, after taking a shower, I grabbed my towel and was in amazement. Something as simple as a fluffy towel that smelled wonderful greeting me at the conclusion of my shower left an enduring impression on me and that doesn't even compare to the view you have while enjoying the gourmet breakfast or evening dinner, which I highly recommend as well. Make no mistake about it, Buckhorn Inn is the gem of Tennessee.

My wife and I have already scheduled our next stay at Buckhorn Inn. One can only stay away from this Bed and Breakfast for so long.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I initially stayed at the Buckhorn Inn in 1996 after seeing the inn advertised in a magazine. I was a little nervous having never stayed at a bed and breakfast but I was pleasantly suprised. I loved the property! The rooms were wonderful, the breakfast and the dinners were superb. The grounds were meticulously manicured so without saying, the property was breathtaking. I've yet to stay at another bed and breakfast that holds a candle to this one. My last visit was in July of 2007 and I could not have been any more pleased with the stay. I can not finish this review without mentioning the staff. They truly make you feel at home. I'm currently planning another stay this year. I could never take a trip to Gatlinburg without staying at this property.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2008

We loved everything about the Buckhorn Inn! To start, the view of Mt. LaConte from the rocking chairs on the porch is magnificent! The breakfast was delicious and generous portions. The staff was very personable and obviously love the Inn. The decor is beautiful and I even got to play the grand piano. Comfortable beds, nice room.
We loved the white Buckhorn robes so much, we bought two of them and call each other "Mr. and Ms. Buckhorn" when we wear them.
We booked another weekend along with some friends, who also loved staying there. One of them discovered (after he got back and was telling his parents about Buckhorn) that his grandparents had stayed there for many years and also loved it.
I can see why you have to book reservations so far in advance - everyone comes back!
Thank you, Buckhorn Inn - I can't wait 'til October!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Well, this review is long overdue, but here goes. What inspired me to write this review now, is that I just stayed in another B&B in Gatlinburg (only because the Buckhorn was booked) and now I feel more justified in my recommendation. I've had the pleasure of staying at the Buckhorn on three different occasions, and all three have been amazing! I've stayed in both a traditional and a premier room, and both were great...just depends on your budget, but the premier room is definitely worth the extra $$.

For Christmas, my brothers and I got my parents a trip here (the hot chocolate package which includes dinners), and they also had an amazing time. My dad is VERY critical of just about everything, and even he couldn't think of anything negative to say. They said both the food and the views from the room left them speechless.

The rooms are great, the food is great and the location is great - very convenient to downtown Gatlinburg. For people who love B&B's, the Buckhorn is great, but it's also great for people who don't care for the sometimes-too-close-quarters of most B&B's...you're still able to have lots of privacy if you choose.

I could go on for days about this place, but I can honestly say that everyone I've recommended to go here has fallen in love with it just like we have.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2008

When my husband or I fantasize about getting away for a few days, one place comes to mind first--The Buckhorn Inn. We've tried other B & B's, but nothing has come close to matching the Buckhorn's premiere suites, incredible view, and gourmet breakfasts and dinners. Take our advice and make reservations for dinner at the Inn each night. The restaurants in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge usually have long waits for dinner. There is nothing more relaxing than simply walking from your room to the Inn dining room and being led to your private table--with no wait. Every meal we've ever had at the Buckhorn was excellent. On the days we hike, the Inn packs us a generous sack lunch (usually we are so stuffed from their breakfast that we just order one lunch and ask them to cut the sandwich in two). Put simply--the Buckhorn Inn is our favorite place.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled as a couple