“A wonderful place with a killer view!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Buckhorn Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Gatlinburg B&B and Inns
Nashville, Tennessee
“A wonderful place with a killer view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

My husband and stayed for two nights to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday which are just a few days a part. We stayed in cottage 3 and the view was spectacular. We love the cozy feel of the cottage. We toured a premier room and found it to be lovely also.

The staff is very friendly and Lee and John are as gracious as described. Since it was my birthday, I got a candle with my breakfast. The meals were yummy (yes you can skip a big lunch). There are lots of special touches. It was great having a great meals and no driving.

The grounds are lovely and a nice walk around the property is fun. I artist community is a great day activity. The Greenbrier park area is worth a trip. There are trails for different levels of hikers close by.

If you want the beauty of the mountains but not the busy tourist area that the city has become, I recommend the Buckhorn Inn and love forward to going back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Acworth GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

My wife I stayed at the Buckhorn Inn this past October for the first time. I can assure you it will not be the last. In fact, we liked it so much we have already stays for the April wildflowers and the fall leaves.

The cottage we had was perfect as was everything about the stay. The Almond Crusted French Toast we had for breakfast was incredible. I can put down the food yet could not finish it.

Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room or cottage with a view as they are incredible
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We had booked the Tower Room because its quirky charm appeals to us, but when we arrived, were told that we had been upgraded to Cottage 7 (we still don't know why -- not that it matters). We were slightly disappointed, as we had been looking forward to the unique Tower Room, but disappointment vanished on opening the door to cottage 7. Full living room with gas fireplace, kitchenette with mini-fridge, stove top (no oven), microwave, coffee maker, and the usual dishes and utensils. King-size bed and a bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. Everything was spotless; the furniture was well-chosen; there were lots of little decorative touches that made it feel like a home, not a hotel room. We opted not to have dinner that night; after a 7-hour drive, all I wanted to do was take off my shoes, put my feet up, and enjoy a nice glass of wine. We had brought provisions for dinner with us. We had been given a short tour of the Inn, and the dining room decor does seem to suggest that you dress for dinner, which we were in no mood for. A nice soak in the jacuzzi guaranteed a wonderful night's sleep. Breakfast was outstanding; service was excellent. It is not, however, as some of the literature states, a buffet (which is a good thing). After breakfast, we strolled around the mile-long nature walk on the property before getting in the car for the drive to the Great Smoky Mountains. The e-mail confirmation we received did mention the 10% gratuity to be added to the bill, so there were no surprises there, although I wish they had waited to run the final bill until we checked out. I would have increased the gratuity (yes, I know; I could have asked the to run it again, but there were others waiting to check out). One other suggestion -- we considered purchasing a sweatshirt, but they were 50% polyester; we would have paid for 100% cotton.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

Staying at The Buckhorn Inn is ideal for special occasions like anniversaries and birthdays. My partner and I stayed at The Bebb House on the Buckhorn Inn property and it was more than worth the amount we paid. The views alone make it more than worth the price. While you're staying at The Buckhorn, enjoy the tranquil wooded area, the quiet, and most of all, the views! Dining at The Buckhorn is a religious experience and should not be passed up. Breakfast is also included, of course, and guests are encouraged to be in the dining room between 8:00am and 9:00am - do not miss breakfasts, the owners will know ;)

The owners, Lee and John Mellor, are the nicest innkeepers I have ever had the fortune to meet, they truly make the experience of staying at the Inn so special.

I cannot recommend the Buckhorn Inn highly enough!

Room Tip: If you don't mind spending a few dollars and like having space, try one of the guest houses, (Li...
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

This visit to buckhorn inn was a girlfriend getaway , I just cannot say enough about this wonderful B&B. First let me start by saying the innkeepers John and lee were gracious as always,ilook forward to seeing them at breakfeasts John is such a gentlemen he holds your chair for you to help you get seated. Lee and John provides each guest with personal attention , they make you feel like you have come home.The staff is the best they are genuine they want your stay to be the best, I liked to personally thank Debbie , Heidi, Libby , Brooke , Hugo , Gloria , jack and all others who name escapes me at this time, for such a wonderful stay at the inn. The food is great!, the grounds are beautiful, the guest house was warm and inviting. The returning guest make you feel like family. I say you should give this inn a try you will not be dissatisfied you will make this your new home away from home, go and enjoy the buckhorn inn.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fancydance
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Only stayed one night but enjoyed every minute of it. Pretty room with big comfortable bed, sitting area, t.v., iron & board, great toiletries, writing desk, plenty of reading light., small but sparkling clean bath, just a great room. The inn also has lovely grounds with it's own nature trail and pond. Other amenities include: a comfortable lounge area with fresh cookies, sink area, ice etc. My breakfast was superb, pancakes with carmelized bananas and also served with a basket of biscuits and yummy lemon bread.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mallybos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Now I see why Buckhorn Inn is rated #1 of places to eat in Gatlinburg. Dinner was wonderful. Food was delicious. Service was excellent. And, the view of the mountains from our table was breathtaking. Pricey...but definitely worth it. Would love to stay there at the Inn sometime. Beautiful.
Recommend the Buckhorn Inn tea....very good.

• Stayed September 2013