“True New Orleans”

Ranked #7 of 201 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We saw some reviews and went out and found this place. We are from Louisiana and never expect too much when we hear Louisiana food out of the state. We all just had sandwiches but it was real good. The waitress were very nice and helpful. My son ask for some Tony's and the waitress knew he meant Tony Chachere's seasoning, which is very uncommon out of this area. I spoke to one of the ladies and found they were true Louisianans, displaced by Hurricane Katrina. If you want some true Louisiana food, try this place. Note: Not all Louisiana food is Cajun Food, only a small area of the state is Cajun, and New Orleans is not part of that area.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Ran into this place by complete accident and I am sure glad we did!! We went for lunch and it was so good that we went back for dinner. I don't think we have ever done that before. My husband and I had the shrimp and oyster po boys for lunch and they were delicious. I consider myself a connoisseur when it comes to burgers. Let me say this was the best burger I have ever had. It was huge and I could not stop eating it! It was called the Cajun burger. The restaurant is kinda hidden in one of the strip mall areas in the middle of gatlinburg. Ask for Lexi, she is a great waitress.

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Here is an eclectic little Restaurant for anyone craving a taste of New Orleans. We went here for lunch and had some awesome Po-boy sandwiches along with some tasty onion rings and succulent crab cakes for lunch. The food was fantastic and our waitress Lexi was very friendly and provided an exceptional dining experience. The decor is very original and provides a unique ambience. We liked it so much, we went there for dinner! Joe-Bob says "You gotta try this place out!" :-) It'a slightly off the beaten path but well worth the short walk from the main strip to experience some of the finest New Orleans food you'll find in the Smokies! Love that Gravy!!!!!

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Heard about this from a friend who had a friend that went there. I am a foodie and love going to New Orleans for some gumbo or beans and rice. But I like it authentic. You won't be disappointed going here....

First they are a sandwich shop but I went for the day's special gumbo and the wife went for the muffuletta sandwich which was more than enough for her and my son. My daughter being 8 had chicken tenders.

First the chicken which was really two chicken cutlets breaded and fried were too much for her and I finished it. It was so good that it reminded me of my favorite fried chicken place in S.Carolina.
The sandwich was so good my wife wanted it for dinner. She never wants the same place twice. That's a first for her.
My gumbo, which I devoured was as just like my favorite place on Bourbon street in New Orleans.
All the food was fresh and o'so flavorful.

The decor was cute, comfortable and quaint. A great place to stop while experiencing the cheesy town, which we love, of Gatlinburg. A very nice atmosphere.

Lastly this is a family run business. A family that was displaced here after Katrina. We know this because we so enjoyed talking to Lexi, our waitress, that my 8yo literately pulled up a chair for her and made her join us. Such a sweet girl. If you don't go here for the food or the quaint atmosphere go and just talk with her.

It was so good, we went back for dinner and I got the beans and rice? The wife got the same sandwich, my son wanted the gumbo and my daughter wanted the chicken again. They want to go back for lunch again before we leave town today. Which is great so I can try the jambalaya.

This is a must try when in Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We really enjoyed eating here. The food was excellent: I had a Shrimp Po Boy, and the rest of our group split a whole muffolatta. It was HUGE! Our grandson had shrimp from the children's menu, and he cried because it was too hot to eat, so the owner came out and made a toy for him from a salad dressing container with a lid and something in it that he could shake around. She is a sweet lady. The food was so good, my husband said he thought he liked it better than any thing he had all weekend. The atmosphere is "New Orleans" style, and the restaurant is very small. But great food and excellent service.