“Awesome marinara and garlic knots!”
Review of Taste Of Italy

Taste Of Italy
Ranked #6 of 207 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you love garlic, this is the place to go. There is a wonderful smell when you enter and the food matches your expectations. The staff was all friendly, even though they were packed.

Geri M, Owner at Taste Of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the review of TASTE OF ITALY. What would an Italian restaurant be without the aroma of garlic? We appreciate you taking time to write a review and complimenting our food and staff. We hope to see you again when you return to Gatlinburg.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,063)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious! Prices are reasonable. If we ever make it back to Gatlinburg, we would definitely go again!

Geri M, Owner at Taste Of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for your review of TASTE OF ITALY. See you when you return to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I asked my wife what she wanted to have for dinner, since it was her Birthday. She said with a big grin "you choose for me so I can have a surprise". Well that put me in a spot because it was only the second time I had visited Gatlinburg. I choose "Taste of Italy" since we both like Italian food and were we surprised when they began to service our table. Sue was just delightful with her low key caring attitude and guided us expertly through the menu. The appetizer of Fresh Tomato & Mozzarella topped with fresh basil, the homemade Bread was scrumptious, Eggplant & sauce finger licking good and the pasta was awesome. A treat for anyone.

1  Thank Luther H
Geri M, Owner at Taste Of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for choosing TASTE OF ITALY for your wife's birthday dinner and for the wonderful review you took the time to write. Also thank you for your compliments on our food and server, Sue. She is new and has done a wonderful job. We look forward to seeing you when you return to Gatlinburg again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food was incredible. The garlic knots were so fresh. You could tell everything was made with care. I had the Fettucine Alfredo and my wife had the Lasagna. The Alfredo sauce was crazy good and the shrimp were cooked perfectly. My wife said her lasagna was the cheesiest she had ever had. The atmosphere was nice, the owners were very friendly, and the food was great. A highlight of traveling is finding great places to eat, so it was a nice change for a city that is mostly filled by chain restaurants to find a restaurant a little off the parkway that was so fantastic.

1  Thank Ashley H
Geri M, Owner at Taste Of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your great review of TASTE OF ITALY. We appreciate all the wonderful compliments on our food and restaurant. We love our location because it's away from all the hustle an bustle in town and there's plenty of free parking. We welcome you back when you return to Gatlnburg.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Googled best restaurants for the Gatlinburg area and Taste of Italy came up. We were a bit hesitant that it was in a "store-front" area but decided to try it. WOW!!! Our waiter Jon (the Manager) started us out with garlic rolls with marinara sauce that were unbelievably delicious. We couldn't stop talking about them in fact we ordered more. Jon shared that they are made by the owner every morning and they were AMAZING!!! My husband LOVES lasagna but can rarely find a slice of lasagna with enough sauce. Taste of Italy delivered!! The lasagna itself was delicious but the sauce was abundant and so yummy! I had the baked spaghetti with meatballs - could only eat a third of it and looking forward to having it tomorrow. When we left my husband said . . . . don't be surprised if we end up here tomorrow night too. Can't say enough!! Was a great experience all the way around! Thank you Geri and Harold for a wonderful meal!!!

1  Thank cindyflorence0110
Geri M, Owner at Taste Of Italy, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for the WOW review for TASTE OF ITALY. A lot of people are hesitant about our location that's a "store-front". When they come in they are pleasantly surprised, as you were. Our Manager Jon does do a fantastic job, and we're so happy he's back. We hope to see you again when you return to Gatlinburg.