“This is not the clarion in pigeon forge, so don't compare!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Rome, Georgia
“This is not the clarion in pigeon forge, so don't compare!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

We come to gatlinburg/pigeon forge every thanksgiving. It is our one time a year family trip. We always stay at clarion at Walden Creek but this year, sad to say, it was booked. So I figured at $700 for 4 nights , clarion Inn at Gatlinburg would be just as nice . WRONG! We checked in at 6pm on Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The clerk was so busy on the phone, I wondered if she would ever get us checked in. I confused her by paying half cash and half on debit card. We walked in to our small dark room after riding a slow elevator and now the complaints begin. Mold on shower curtain, infestation of lady bugs, dirty carpet, old microwave that wouldn't pop popcorn and the tv had only a few channels. A so called heated pool that is separate from the hotel and was not heated. I also told the front desk and they acted surprised and said oh we will check on that. 4 days later, IT'S WARM!!!! They do charge additional $15 day for what I have no ideal. The housekeeper hung around outside our room for 2 hours each day. Dropped off towels and got garbage. Never cleaned the room. Now let's move to breakfast. 3 sweet older folks that could not keep up with the volume of guests fixed your plate and made omelets. Stood in line for 15 minutes each day. They hide everything so people won't use it all...(they told me so). non stick spray for waffle maker, sugar free syrup and additional supplies. The hot food is cafe style. They fix your alloted amount and u have a meal ticket they punch. So......now on their website I see the price is now $79 a night instead of $175. Well its worth $79 but no more. Do yourself a favor....stay in pigeon forge. I work really hard all year for this family trip and my 5 yr old granddaughter was bored and disappointed just like I am.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
The Clarion Inn & Suites Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and have forwarded them to the proper department heads. Once again we appreciate you taking the time to post your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This motel fell short on a few matters:

There is not enough parking. You will need to park in the motel lot as there is no free public parking around. But there were more cars than parking spots. One evening we had to drive around the parking lot for 15 minutes before a spot opened up. And we were not that late.

Rooms facing the street (like ours) are noisy. There's a lot of people on the street, which is close by the building, and they are not quiet.

Unexpected charges appeared on our bill. Like $15/night for a 'hotel services fee' beyond any taxes. So don't expect your quoted room rate to be what you pay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
The Clarion Inn & Suites Gatlinburg would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us and we look forward to your next visit to Gatlinburg.

Travellers are raving about these Gatlinburg hotels

Newnan, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel for one night based on other reviews. We also booked based on the "newly remodeled". The carpet was so curled up on the third floor hallwayit would trip you up! The hotel smelled of stale cigarette smoke on the third floor we stayed on. The balcony was filthy. The bed comforter had holes in the bottom. The room with two Queen beds was so extremely small. We were traveling with a two and for year old. The worst part was that the main reason we picked this hotel was the indoor pool for the kids. We took the kids over to the pool and after putting my son's floaties on I let him go down the stairs. He freaked out and scared me to death . I jumped in and the pool was FREEZING! ! I was genuinely concerned he would get hypothermia. After rushing him to a hot bath, I went to talk to the front desk. They said it was suppose to be heated. I gave them my room numbed and asked that they please let me know if the heat got fixed since that was the one thing my kids wanted to do. No one ever let me know anything and they never got to swim.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
The Clarion Inn Gatlinburg would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. The hotel regrets that your stay was unpleasant. We appreciate you bringing to our attention the issue with the pool which has been addressed. Once again thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay.
Clarksville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for our first wedding anniversary from Nov 1st through the 3rd, 2013. We stayed in a King Suite with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace and it was beautiful! We had a balcony overlooking the main strip with a beautiful view of the mountain and the Ober Gatlinburg tram going up and down the mountain. The jacuzzi tub was the biggest indoor jacuzzi tub I have ever seen! It was like a mini swimming pool in our room! The breakfast each morning was delicious and the ladies running the breakfast bar were so warm and friendly. The coffee is free and available 24 hours a day and it was delicious. We particularly liked the Christmas Blend. The also serve up delicious baked goods after 5pm in the lobby as well. The front desk staff were extremely friendly and accommodating upon check-in and check-out. I had issues with the initial card I had made the reservation with and was able to call them during our drive to Tennessee and it was resolved in less than 5 minutes, too easy! (I also want to note it was an issue on my part with the card, not the hotel's.) The only complaint that I have is that it was hard for me to gain and keep access to wifi, but my husband's laptop did not have any issues. I am running Windows 8 on my laptop and he is not, so that may be the issue. But if you have problems, they also offer free computer access in the lobby in a lounge behind the breakfast bar. Other than the wifi issue it was a wonderful stay! Even the lady and gentleman that worked in housekeeping were extremely friendly and accommodating! You could not ask for a better location if you want to be able to easily walk to everything on the main strip of Gatlinburg. We parked our car upon check-in and never moved it until we checked-out. This hotel is literally located diagonally across the street from the Ober Gatlinburg tram location. I will definitely be staying here again next year when we return for our next anniversary!

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are SUPER convenient if you plan on frequently leaving and returning!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
The Clarion Gatlinburg would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities of the King Jacuzzi Suite and the pleasant customer service from our breakfast staff as well as our Front Desk. The location of the hotel makes it very convenient to access and enjoy all that downtown Gatlinburg has to offer. Once again thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

It may be the host hotel of your next meeting but it's not worth it.
Mat check in an additional fee of $15 per night will be added on to include internet, parking lot security and room cleaning.
Also, the beds aren't all that great. We checked out the next morning and moved across the street to the Hampton inn which had a much lower room rate, free internet, no adgitionsl feed and really nice rooms and beds. I will NEVER again go to the Clarion Inn and suites in Gatlinburg.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
The Clarion Gatlinburg would like to thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We regret that your stay didn't meet your expectations. Once again thank you for posting your comments.
Mount Carmel, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here on Friday night October 25. The room was very clean and the hotel was very clean and well maintained. I was always seeing someone cleaning the elevators and sweeping the high traffic areas. The front desk was fast and efficient. The complementary breakfast consisted of cooked to order omelets, waffles and a small breakfast bar. Two people were busy keeping everything going. They were busy serving the breakfast and cooking the omelets. Seating was a little limited but they would cover it for you to take it back to the room. It was really good. I would stay here again. Great location- nice covered pool - clean - good breakfast. The only drawback I could find was low water pressure in the shower and the refrigerator was slow to cool. That's the only things and that is getting pretty picky. I enjoyed my stay and will be back. ,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank iamsusied
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
The Clarion Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit.
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We arrived late in the evening and had an issue with our debit cards working due to so many charges already on the cards that day. It would only authorize for 1 night, instead of the two we were planning on staying. Instead of immediately suggesting I wait and resolve the second night issue the next morning, I was required to walk to an ATM down the street and get cash to cover the second night so I could check in. Then even after that, they said they still couldn't check me in even though I had at that point paid IN FULL for my two night stay?? After calling a manager at home, they finally gave me my room cards, but I was told I had to come down the next morning and speak to the manager and "straighten this out". So after being concerned about this pending issue all night, I go down in the morning, the manager pulls up my information and simply tells me "your all set"? I explained the situation and his only reply was that he wasn't sure why his employees had told me there was still a problem. Why would they not have a manger there onsite on the evening of one of their busiest days of the entire year?? It was only 8:00pm. This is the most expensive Hotel on the main strip in Gatlinburg and is a decent hotel compared to most of the old run down hotels on the main strip, but their service does live up the high prices. I have stayed here several times over the years, but after this bad experience, I won't be back.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank R P
ClarionGatlinburg, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
The Clarion Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. When making reservations it's industry policy that you have a valid credit card that will allow the 1st night of stay to be authorized on the card. We regret that there was an issue with the card that you provided for the reservations that wouldn't allow us to do so. Thank you again for posting your comments.