“Spend the night not a fortune”
Review of Belle Aire Motel

Belle Aire Motel
Ranked #69 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We have made many trips to Gatlinburg and I have to say that this motel is the best value we've ever got. Our room had been completely remodeled, carpet, paint, drapes, mattress, lavatory, commode, tub, TV---even a new bathroom door. Ample parking is a plus, as is getting in out since it is a couple of blocks off the strip. There is no breakfast other than doughnuts, but that is OK with us. The name of the place is now the Belle Aire--no longer an Econo Lodge. The staff was very nice and helpful. Checking in and out was handled very will. One more thing. The walls seem to be solid concrete or something since no sound from neighbors comes through. All rooms are ground level with parking at your door. All in all a very nice older motel in a good location at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Since all rooms have not been remodeled yet ask for one that has been.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 December 2010

We were early, so we call and spoke with Michael at front desk and ask if we could check in early, and he say that was not a problem. When we got their we were treated very well, check in was very easy. Room was very clean, anytime we needed anything Michael or Cindy was their to help. This is not a five star hotel but the way we were treated it made us feel like we were getting five star treatment.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I will say the location is good an breakfast place right next door also good. BUT upon arriving at 8:30ish pm we checked in to find out they only had us down for 2 nights (we booked 3) I had conf num and all the details written down but oh well just give us the keys were tired...got to room and turned down bed to check for bugs and such...no bugs. HOWEVER there was 7 !!! black hairs on sheets and i soooo did not like that. good thing i had my lint roller...we also killed 2 spiders and was a bug in the jacuzzi...it was a small room and not so cheap after seeing it...im usually easy to please but come on lets at least get the sheets clean!!! happy with the econo lodge belle air in gatlinburg...not so much.....

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank campgirl78
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I wasn't sure what I would fine at this Econo Lodge due to some of the reviews,I was very glad we choose to stay here, they have all new mattress, sheets. comforters, carpets and curtains, even appeared to have been newly painted,no smell but very new looking, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room we were in was a very quiet one, never heard any noise from outside the room which is rare.The only disadvantage is it is uphill and about 2 blocks from downtown,however even at 66yrs & 70yrs of age we still went downtown a couple times a day.We were even able to see all the fireworks for the 4th of July from the parking lot instead of walking downtown.The price was also great!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken-Bonnie
Reviewed 12 January 2010

This was a very clean nice motel. The staff were very nice. For the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2009

awful doesn't even descibe this dump. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!.........Staff is rude, rooms are fillthy, and the so called breakfast is a box of stale dounuts for the whole hotel to share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not even allow my dogs to sleep in this roach motel.....................

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank liers
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I visit the smokies a couple of times a year. We had friends staying in the condos across the street. They went across the street to find out if they had a room for us. They were told yes and the price. They were also shown 1 of the remodled rooms and was told they all looked like that. I called from home and booked two nights. When I arrived I paid cash in advance for the two nights. The location was great, when I entered my room it appeared to be good (I've stayed in better but this was ok). It had a flat screen tv, and the room as a whole looked good. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. When I went to look around Gatlinburg there was a flock of something flying around the motel...going in and out of the chimney, found out these were BATS oh well my room didn't have a chimney so I thought all was good that is until 5:30am when the smoke detector went off (there was no fire) I called the front desk and the guy that answered had no clue as to why it would be going off and didn't offer any assistance to make it stop. He said he would make a note...? But the big shock was when I turned on the lights to find out why the alarm went off I saw bugs..ROACHES!!!! Mostly around the bathroom and sink area...none where my belongings were...Thank Goodness. I immediately packed my things to my car and waited for my friends to wake up. In the process of running around killing bugs and getting my stuff I had neglected to put on shoes....my feet were BLACK from the carpet. When I told the lady at the front desk that I would not be staying another night..she was very sorry and told me she would contact the main office for me to get a refund for the night I didn't stay. But she could not refund me on the spot...they do not give cash refunds. I asked the lady what I was suppose to do since I didn't have any more money to get another place to stay, she gave no other options. This motel is affiliated with other motels in the area..I was told this when I checked in and was given my parking pass. I was told I could park for free at any of their other motels. But I was not given the option of going to one of these motels. My vacation was ruined because of this. At this time I still have not heard from any representatives from this motel. But they will hear from me!!! I don't know where they got the photos for this website, but it's not the motel I stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family