“new rooms will go back”
Review of Belle Aire Motel

Belle Aire Motel
Ranked #69 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I wasn't sure what I would fine at this Econo Lodge due to some of the reviews,I was very glad we choose to stay here, they have all new mattress, sheets. comforters, carpets and curtains, even appeared to have been newly painted,no smell but very new looking, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the room we were in was a very quiet one, never heard any noise from outside the room which is rare.The only disadvantage is it is uphill and about 2 blocks from downtown,however even at 66yrs & 70yrs of age we still went downtown a couple times a day.We were even able to see all the fireworks for the 4th of July from the parking lot instead of walking downtown.The price was also great!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ken-Bonnie

Reviewed 12 January 2010

This was a very clean nice motel. The staff were very nice. For the price, you can't beat it.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2009

awful doesn't even descibe this dump. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!.........Staff is rude, rooms are fillthy, and the so called breakfast is a box of stale dounuts for the whole hotel to share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not even allow my dogs to sleep in this roach motel.....................

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
4  Thank liers
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I visit the smokies a couple of times a year. We had friends staying in the condos across the street. They went across the street to find out if they had a room for us. They were told yes and the price. They were also shown 1 of the remodled rooms and was told they all looked like that. I called from home and booked two nights. When I arrived I paid cash in advance for the two nights. The location was great, when I entered my room it appeared to be good (I've stayed in better but this was ok). It had a flat screen tv, and the room as a whole looked good. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. When I went to look around Gatlinburg there was a flock of something flying around the motel...going in and out of the chimney, found out these were BATS oh well my room didn't have a chimney so I thought all was good that is until 5:30am when the smoke detector went off (there was no fire) I called the front desk and the guy that answered had no clue as to why it would be going off and didn't offer any assistance to make it stop. He said he would make a note...? But the big shock was when I turned on the lights to find out why the alarm went off I saw bugs..ROACHES!!!! Mostly around the bathroom and sink area...none where my belongings were...Thank Goodness. I immediately packed my things to my car and waited for my friends to wake up. In the process of running around killing bugs and getting my stuff I had neglected to put on shoes....my feet were BLACK from the carpet. When I told the lady at the front desk that I would not be staying another night..she was very sorry and told me she would contact the main office for me to get a refund for the night I didn't stay. But she could not refund me on the spot...they do not give cash refunds. I asked the lady what I was suppose to do since I didn't have any more money to get another place to stay, she gave no other options. This motel is affiliated with other motels in the area..I was told this when I checked in and was given my parking pass. I was told I could park for free at any of their other motels. But I was not given the option of going to one of these motels. My vacation was ruined because of this. At this time I still have not heard from any representatives from this motel. But they will hear from me!!! I don't know where they got the photos for this website, but it's not the motel I stayed at.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
5  Thank SHOCKED2009
Reviewed 8 July 2008

When we booked hotel, we were quoted one rate, but when we get there the rate went up. And it was too late to cancell And the hotel manager was rude and refused to honor the quoted rate even so I had a print out of the reservation, and the front desk stuff was very unfrendly, for the lack of words. Very run down also. Not even continentl breakfast, but it is advertised on the web site.
Will not recommend, there are tons of nice hotels in Gatlinburg for the same price. Do not make a mistake and spoil your vacation. Almost forgot- the electrical plugs were very unsafe- huge hasard for unaware customers....

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank sierra77
Reviewed 20 April 2008

Read the reviews before I went. It is clean, but old. Not a new bilding. Wooden doors and thin walls. We heard the people in the next room talking, and they were up all nigh! No outside lighting and we did not feel very secure. Not a terrible experience, but we would not stay again. We used our free night from Choice Priveleges so can't really complain a lot. It was clean, but not the type of room we would have chosen otherwise.

Stayed: April 2008
5  Thank Moose8
Reviewed 17 March 2008

My family and I recently stayed in the Econo Lodge in Gatlingburg. The next day when we get home the manager leaves a RUDE voice mail on my husband's cell phone accusing us of stealing TWO BLANKETS!! There were NO blankets on the bed, which I thought was odd, but it was rather warm and we didn't need a blanket. The manager said that she was going to call the police if we didnt send her $30 or send the blankets back. I have NEVER stolen a thing in my life. There were NO blankets on the beds to begin with. I called the hotel this evening and they said the manager was gone for the day. My family had stayed at this hotel in the past. I will NEVER stay there again. I have no idea what happened to their blankets. Maybe the maid forgot to put them on the bed? I don't know. I don't really care. To be accused of stealing is pretty sad. i am mad. I am determined to get to the bottom of this. We have the rude voice mail saved. I WILL have the managers job before it's over.

Stayed: March 2008