“Always my choice”

The Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #17 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
“Always my choice”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Everytime I come to Gatlinburg, TN, I always choose The Edgewater Hotel. The staff is excellent and always have a room available for me. The price is great especially with offering military discounts. The rooms and bathrooms are always clean and staff is very helpful. The only cons I have to say is that sometimes the elevators are really busy and it is faster to take the stairs. Also, they could make one upgrade to the rooms and that is the T.V.'s. Flat panel makes the rooms look even more modern. But otherwise...love hotel and location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lfbelton79
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for choosing the Edgewater as your host hotel when you're in Gatlinburg. We appreciate your patronage and also thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay. We are currently in the process of upgrading all of our rooms with flat screen televisions. Hopefully this project will be complete when travel plans bring you back to the Edgewater. We look forward to your next visit.
Best Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

When I first tried to get a room here, the riverside king bed rooms were all booked. So, I booked at another motel. The day before heading to Gatlinburg, I just happened to check again. To my delight, what I thought would be the perfect room was available! I had visions of my husband (who is not in good health & is partially handicapped) & I sitting on our private riverside balcony sipping coffee, celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. Gosh, how I wish I had kept our reservations at the other hotel! Upon arrival, we had trouble finding a parking place (There were no handicap spaces left.) & could barely fit our small car in the narrow spot. You should have seen us trying to unload the car! There was no luggage cart to be found either. After telling the maid on the first day that we didn't need anything but towels, she didn't even bother to ask the next day. We had to beg for towels & toilet tissue! Demolition of the Riveredge Motel across the street was taking place. THAT was our view. We could "view" the river from our riverside balcony if we leaned over the rail! The noise awakened us just about every morning bright and early. And the dust from the demolition project has my asthma in a horrible flare. The elevators were extremely slow & the continental breakfast was the usual and was ok. This is supposed to be a non-smoking property, but the fellow on the balcony below us puffed one cigar after another. Nothing was done about it when I complained. Between that and the dust from across the street, there was no enjoying the riverside balcony. I realize it isn't the hotel's fault about the demolition project. I just wish the reservations clerk had told me about it before charging out credit card over $800.00 up front. I feel like they owe us a partial refund.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank DWWWashere
We appreciate your taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay here at the Edgewater. We strive to offer excellent customer service and I apologize for the issues you had during your stay. I will certainly address each of them with our department heads, but unfortunately the demolition of the building across the street is out of our control and they do not offer a schedule as to when they are working.
I hope you will afford us another opportunity to serve you in the future when you are back in the Gatlinburg area. I know you will have a much more positive experience.
Norwalk, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed here the week of July 4th. Between our families we had 4 rooms. View looking down over the river was awesome. Our rooms were clean, no complaints from any of us. We were just a short walk away from everything downtown. We took No Service all week from housekeeping, but the one day my daughter wet the bed, everything was taken care of quickly. Only thing was sometimes it felt like it took forever to get on the elevators, but oh well, what are you gonna do? other people have to get to their rooms as well!

Room Tip: pick odd room numbers for view of river!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer B
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for choosing the Edgewater for your recent stay in Gatlinburg. We strive to have excellent customer service and appreciate your positive comments. We look forward to your return visit the next time your travel plans bring you to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Lenoir City, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We love this place!!! Hotel staff is very sweet and very helpful!!! We usually stay several times a year!!! Our kids always want to go back!! The breakfast is awesome!!! Our kids love the pool and hot tubs!!! My mom and dad and brother go with us at least once a year!!! We will always be returning!!!!

Room Tip: We love staying on the mountain side!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank KristiR1971
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you for choosing the Edgewater and posting your comments regarding your stay. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to your family's return visit the next time travel plans bring you to Gatlinburg.
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

Poor service. Noisy. Lousy elevators. Dirty pool and pool area. Rooms are dated and mostly unclean. Don't spend your hard earned vacation time and money. Try Park Vista. The location is decent but its not worth the hassle. Elevators are slow. No luggage carriers. Rooms are small.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank IgotBigVols
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Edgewater. We value your comments and your suggestions for improvements to our hotel. We hope you will consider the Edgewater again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Drove up underground parking. Elevator to lobby to check in room not ready ok. To breakfast come back room not ready ..1 oclock checked in bags unpacked. Hotel room was very musty in smell, beds and pillows are comfy. Breakfast was very good eggs waffles cereals breads and muffins and all overlooking a small creek with fish and ducks. 1 block from so much to do from zip lining, 5d movie theater , free drinks moonshine, ski lift to over see town awesome. Stores, restraunts, museums all on same block. If you drive your car make a trip to pigeon forge a lot to do there too.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shortypi23
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad your stay at the hotel and in Gatlinburg was pleasant. It sounds like you enjoyed many of our attractions and I hope we will see you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Bettendorf
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Long wait for the elevator. Air conditioner was loud and annoying. The carpet in hallway needs to be cleaned. Overall Gatlinburg is run down, a lot of out dated buildings. I would never stay in any hotel again in Gatlinburg. I maybe would consider a cabin in the mountains. This town reminds me of a circus.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Chris O
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent trip to Gatlinburg. I appreciate your comments and suggestions regarding our property. I hope you will consider the Edgewater again when your travel plans bring you to the Great Smoky Mountains.
Best Regards.