“Weekend getaway”

The Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at The Edgewater hotel. I have wanted to stay at this hotel for sometime but , it was always booked up on the dates we were coming into Gatlinburg . I was finally able to get a room in November for a weekend getaway . The staff were super friendly, the room was great and very clean . There happened to be convention going on the weekend we were there and I was so afraid of not being able to sleep for fear of kids running up and down the hallway all night but , that wasn't the case. They put us on the 8th floor and we never heard a thing . We slept peacefully . We'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia M
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Edgewater. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg. We look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for The Edgewater Hotel

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We have stayed at the Edgewater in November the last 4 years. We had a beautiful room with a great view! This time we had a frieplace in our room. My husband cut off the pilot light while trying to light the fire.. we called the front desk and within minutes a very friendly maintenance man knocked on our door and had our fire going.. It was wonderful! The location is great- a very short walk across the street and we were in downtown Gatlinburg. Will definietly be back next year. We can't wait!
Stacey H

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey H

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate your continued patronage and are happy that you had excellent customer service during your stay here at the Edgewater and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were there for a family reunion, rooms were very clean and my husband said the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The service that was provided was outstanding anything needed was provided. I Love good old Southern Hospitality and the Edgewater Hotel has it. Our dinner Saturday night catered by the Hotel was fabulous. This was our second reunion at The Edgewater Hotel and we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: River side rooms can view the river and the town. Mountain side rooms may see Deer's or Bear...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Pamela S
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor your positive experience here at the Edgewater. I'm glad your reunion was a success and our hotel provided excellent customer service to your group. We appreciate your choosing the Edgewater and hope when you schedule your next family reunion you will again choose our hotel.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Edgewater for four nights in November 2013 for a conference related to his work. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. There was a slight miscommunication (my fault) upon check-in, but it was handled in such a friendly and professional manner by the man at the reception area (Peter?). Anyway, we were impressed by the way he handled the situation and put us at ease right away. Our room was great, especially the balcony over the river and the fantastic views. The location was perfect for walking anywhere in the downtown area. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LeighRnc

I appreciate your taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad your check in experience was completed quickly and efficiently and that you enjoyed your stay. I thank you for your patronage and look forward to your next visit when you are again in the Gatlinburg area for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

stayed at the edgewater hotel in Gatlinburg in October 2013 hotel was very clean, excellent location, pretty good breakfast, but the best thing there is the staff. Robbie,Lori, and Roberta are the best employees out of anywhere I have ever stayed they treat you like family .they do all they can to see you have a good vacation. keep up the good work girls we will be back. doug Jennings

Room Tip: higher the floor the better the view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I appreciate your positive remarks about the hotel as well as our staff. I will certainly pass them on to Roberta, Robbie and Lori. I agree, we are lucky to have them.
We appreciate your patronage and look forward to a future visit the next time travel plans bring you back to the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We have visited Gatlinburg on several occasions, and always use the same motel. However, we decided to make a spur of the moment trip, and since we wanted to be "downtown" close to the parkway, the Edgewood was the only one with vacancies. After this trip, I will stay elsewhere even if I have to pay more. My husband and I and another couple booked 2 riverside rooms Oct 24 - Oct 28, 2013. Upon entry, their toilet would not flush, and they had maintenance work on it repeatedly. They were never offered another room, and being the nice folks they are, they did not ask. Our toilet flushed, but very slowly. In both rooms, the carpet was so dirty and stained, that we kept ours shoes on at all times. We all agreed that the beds were very hard, and the pillows were flat and hard. My husband and I tried changing from one bed to the other (we had 2 queen beds in our room) but there was no difference. And we tried every pillow in the room! Sure wish I had brought my own. The TV was an old box type. The parking is very tight, like everyone says. But at least it was covered. However, if you were parked on P2 in front of and to the right of the elevators, be prepared for water to drip (almost pour) from the overhead pipes every morning. Not sure why, but we saw this happen several times, and there was water standing around the cars and in the driveway. Coffee offered at breakfast was very bitter, and we could not drink it. But at least there were 2 waffle makers. However, no scrambled eggs. Hard biscuits. So the line for the waffles was long. With the price we paid for our rooms, we expected something better than this. We understand that this is an old hotel, but it needs some serious maintenance and updating. But because of the great location, don't expect any. As long as people continue to use this hotel, they probably won't make any big changes. It's their location that brings in the guests.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MyPenny
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your comments and suggestions and will forward them to the proper departments. I apologize for the unfortunate situation your friends had with their room. We wish we had been able to move them, but as all of our week-ends sell out, we did not have a room available.
We hope that travel plans will bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've wanted to stay at this hotel for years. It didn't disappoint us. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and eager to please. It was conviently located so a short walk to the main street in downtown Gatlinburg. Our room overlooked the river and the view was relaxing. We plan to stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna M
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Edgewater. I'm glad your stay was pleasant and enjoyable. We appreciate your choosing us during your trip and hope that we can host a future visit when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.