“great locale”

The Edgewater Hotel
Ranked #18 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I can't speak for the breakfast, because we didn't use that service. The hotel is super-convenient in walking distance to the aquarium and is one block from the center of the "strip" in Gatlinburg. The service was great, we were greeted at the door and when I asked about upgrading our room from the mountain view I had booked to a river/city view to see the city lit up for Christmas, Sue took care of it right away. We had no issues with cleanliness, nor with slow elevators. But, to be fair, we were there 12/13-12/17/2013 and it wasn't crowded at all. The river view is nice, the heater, fridge, and microwave all worked fine, had no issues whatsoever. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi, I didn't get to use because we didn't pack a swimsuit. Wife and 5 year old son loved the trip, and had zero issues with the hotel. As I said, I can't speak of the breakfast because we didn't utilize it.

Room Tip: obviously, higher up gets a better view and less road noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Edgewater. Your comments are appreciated and I am glad your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to your return visit the next time travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.
Merry Christmas and Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Edgewater Hotel

Reviewed 15 December 2013

The staff were extremely friendly & helpful. The room was nice & had an excellent view. The breakfast bar was served fresh & on time with sausage, biscuits, gravy, & more. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Thank you for choosing the Edgewater and posting your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and and accommodations. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This weekend trip to the Great Smokies was ruined due to our accomodations at the Edgewater. The hotel was packed with 6-12 year old football players and their drunken parents. I realize that they paid to stay just as I did but it seems that midnight is a late curfew for the hotel to allow VERY loud parties to be going on in the hallway with unattended children running, yelling and slamming doors. After 10 calls to the front desk (all between 9:30p and 12:30a) and speaking with the manager on duty, nothing was done. We were unable to drown out the noise with the TV and couldn't even hear our TV! It is a nice hotel but really sad that we were not warned when checking in (or when we made reservation) of the event. Our quiet weekend get away that we drove over 8 hours to get to was a great disappointment. Maybe this property should be considerate of ALL guests. I have been staying here at least once yearly for the past 10 years but this will be my last. Beware!!

Room Tip: Inquire when checking in what the "noise" curfew is. You may not get any sleep!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Joy R
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the unfortunate situation you found yourself in during your stay and what seemed like a lack of concern on our part. We did have a large football group in and things were definitely noisy, but I assure you we did our best to address the many areas that were disturbed. We appreciate your previous patronage and hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity in the future to host your family.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel while attending a meeting for my work. The staff was so nice and accommodating . The price was very good for a tourist town and the room was clean and quite. They offered a tasty breakfast with many items to chose from.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. We're glad you were here during your business trip and that your stay was enjoyable. I hope we will see you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg and the Great Smoky Mountains.

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I always check trip advisor before I book a hotel. Even though I had stayed here before 10-15 years ago? I remembered it being a very nice place to stay and was kind of concerned after reading a few bad reviews. But the good reviews out weighed the bad, and there was a trip advisor special price I couldn't beat. I don't know which rooms the bad reviews stayed in, but room 502 was great. Everything was very nice and clean and in good working order. The elevators did NOT seem slow to me as several people complained about. The parking was a little tight, but we drive a mid sized SUV and had no problems parking...yet the parking lot was not full and we had plenty of room to maneuver. I can see how it might be a problem if the lot is full or if you drive a big jacked up 4 x 4 pick up. Call me unfashionable, but those who said it was out dated....hmmm? I guess I am not up on all the new home decor styles or new fashion trends because it all seemed nice to me. How arrogant can one get thinking that a hotel has to update it's decor yearly. ...I would rather them keep my cost low instead of spending unnecessary money to update to the newest fashion trends. The walls looked nice and freshly painted, carpets were clean....I guess I don't see what the previous comments meant about being out dated. My only complaint (minor) was the hair dryer was weak in both heat and blowing force. As far as previous complaints about breakfast- I can't comment on. We stayed up late and ended up sleeping ...right thru breakfast. I will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yellowbird92
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your positive comments referring to our parking, rooms, etc. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to seeing you again on a return visit to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at The Edgewater hotel. I have wanted to stay at this hotel for sometime but , it was always booked up on the dates we were coming into Gatlinburg . I was finally able to get a room in November for a weekend getaway . The staff were super friendly, the room was great and very clean . There happened to be convention going on the weekend we were there and I was so afraid of not being able to sleep for fear of kids running up and down the hallway all night but , that wasn't the case. They put us on the 8th floor and we never heard a thing . We slept peacefully . We'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Patricia M
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay here at the Edgewater. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for making us your hotel of choice when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We have stayed at the Edgewater in November the last 4 years. We had a beautiful room with a great view! This time we had a frieplace in our room. My husband cut off the pilot light while trying to light the fire.. we called the front desk and within minutes a very friendly maintenance man knocked on our door and had our fire going.. It was wonderful! The location is great- a very short walk across the street and we were in downtown Gatlinburg. Will definietly be back next year. We can't wait!
Stacey H

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stacey H

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We appreciate your continued patronage and are happy that you had excellent customer service during your stay here at the Edgewater and we look forward to your next visit.