1,102 results
All reviews parking garage continental breakfast the river elevators were slow mysterious mansion the indoor outdoor pool within walking distance mountain side yogurt would stay here again the main strip biscuits and gravy small balcony great place to stay space needle an older hotel rooms were very clean
Reviewed 26 June 2014

First off, the staff was amazing! Everyone from the front desk to housekeeping were beyond friendly. We have two children, 7 and 3, and the staff always asked them if they were having fun and what they did that day in Gatlinburg. Very encouraging to be around friendly, considerate people! The rooms were nice. I thought the hotel had a nice Southern charm to it. The location was phenomenal. The pool area was small, but we had a blast! I would like to commend you on the smoking fee signs throughout the lobby. My 3 year old daughter has a smoking allergy and even though we knew the hotel was 100% smoke free, we also know that people would try to do it anyway. Seeing these signs gave me comfort knowing that violators would be subject to a fine. We didn't see one smoker at the hotel all week!! Thank you all for a wonderful vacation! God bless!!
Jamie from Rutherfordton, NC

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you Jamie for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor regarding your stay. I appreciate your comments regarding our staff and hotel. I will be sure and pass them on. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation here and we look forward to hosting you again when travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed at the Edgewater June 2014. 8th floor, with a view of the city. The staff were all very nice, but I do have to agree with others that this hotel is dirty and dated. The garage parking spaces are extremely small, I struggled with a Prius, can't imagine a larger car trying to park in those tight spaces. The elevators ran very very slow. Common area carpets were beyond dirty and stained. I understand that spills happen and you can't clean carpets everyday, but these stains were old and multiple. The carpet in our room was so dirty that I would not walk barefoot in the room. Furnishings are old and scratched in the room. Our balcony area had an odd smell, and we could not enjoy full use of it. One chair had a cigarette burn on the seat, even though it is a no smoking facility. But the view was nice from the 8th floor. Ceiling tiles in breakfast area had multiple stains, and one morning there was a large ceiling leak right by the waffle area, a large trash can was placed by the food to catch the water. The breakfast was just so-so, nothing special, we did not use the pool, so I am unable to comment on that area. One moring, two maintenance men knocked on our door and told us not to use the water, they were performing some type of service. Perhaps this maintenance should have waited until after check-out time, so showers could be completed. For the price per night, I think I would stay elsewhere next time. The location is great, but there are many hotels to pick from in the same area. A convention came in on Thursday and the hotel became very crowded, and the elevator wait was extremely long. Many children playing on them going floor to floor. If you plan to stay here, ask if a convention group will be at this hotel during your stay. I would suggest you ask for a room far away from the crowd. And if you want breakfast, get there early.

2  Thank Amy N
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your comments and suggestions and will bring them to the attention of our Management Staff. I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity in the future to host your family.
Best Regards

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is the second time my husband and I have stayed at the Edgewater over the last 6 months. My family and I have been vacationing in Gatlinburg for over 40 years. I wish I had known about the Edgewater years ago. First off, the staff, and I mean all of them, are very friendly and appreciative of your stay with them. Over the last fifteen years or so, the overall "flavor" and environment of this unique area has changed, and not for the better. Many of the original craft-type stores and specialty shops are long gone, along with the southern charm and warmth. So, to be treated as though my patronage is important and appreciated is both a great feeling, and is becoming more unusual in Gatlinburg. Yes, it is an older hotel, but they keep it clean and do not fumigate the premises with air freshener or other caustic chemicals that many older hotels use. If you are looking for the Hyatt, then stay at the Hyatt. However, if you are looking for a place that makes you feel special, has a unique and close proximity to many amenities, is clean and has no bedbugs (eww), stay at the Edgewater and just relax. I also think that the complimentary beverage in the evening is a very nice touch - rarely seen. Thanks Roberta at the front desk!! You are awesome! Thanks again, John and Melissa from Berea, Ky.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. We do appreciate you and your husbands patronage Melissa. I will pass along your comments to our staff, especially Roberta. We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. After losing a lot of sleep the first night due to the hardness of the bed, I went to the front desk and asked if all their mattresses were like sleeping on a cement floor. They took me to see another room but the mattress was the same. The housekeeper noted that they were all the same throughout the hotel. So I will just have to suffer with a sore back and lack of sleep for these next 3 nights. Other then that, the staff was good the room cleaned nicely. Old hotel but it was adequate. Would not come back to this hotel because of the mattress situation.

Room Tip: Don't get the mountain side there is no view. A small balcony with 2 chairs are on the front side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
joann001, Front Office Manager at The Edgewater Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Edgewater. I appreciate your honesty regarding the mattresses. We have a lot of compliments about them, but no two people are the same and I do apologize for the soreness in your back. I hope that you might reconsider staying with us the next time you are in the Gatlinburg area.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just got back from Gatlinburg. This is the third time we have stayed at the Edgewater Hotel. From the call to make reservations to the checking out...it was a great experience. The staff are so very nice in every capacity. The grounds are clean, the pool is super great for kids and adults. The breakfast each day is varied and delightful. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfy. I can't say anything bad about the property. The location is fantastic. We will always stay at the Edgewater Hotel when we go to Gatlinburg.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room on the property
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at the Edgewater. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and I'm glad you always enjoy your accommodations. We look forward to hosting you again when your travel plans bring you back to Gatlinburg.